Page:
ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Well Arsn and I thought we would have a lovely evening watching a movie right? WRONG
We chose to see the ring...And now Im damaged goods...I SWEAR IT IS THE SCARIEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN... and Im not easily rattled guys...Believe me if you go and see it, take an extra pair of pants because I creamed my jocks!! Ummm its midnight now and Im choosing not to go to sleep...instead Im spooning instant coffee into my mouth...God there is no way I can sleep after that!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHH Whats the scariest movie that you guys have ever seen? the one that made ya hide under the covers when you were little...or even when your a big 22 like me???
looking for my happy place....

[ 27. November 2002, 02:54: Message edited by: Valura ]

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

alix_r2002member
12 posts

Posted:
I thought the ring was ok... but it seemed so similar to fear.com and came out so close to the same time that I just didn't enjoy it much.
I couldn't tell you amovie that scared me recently, I think the movie I like best like that was the first scream movie.

I sought advice and cooperation from all, but not permission...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Useless fact: DID YOU KNOW...The little girl from excorcist actually lost her mind and became a raving looney after the movie came out...she started to believe that the spirit of bazuzu was in her body!!!!!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
OK,
Is The Ring a new movie that is out????
Is it currently on at the cinema in oz, or is it available on video??
I've just got myself a new telly and want to christen it with a 'Proper' movie!!!!!
Fankyou
LOL
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
Before you take this the wrong way it did not scare me i'm not that much of a wuss but has anyone seen lilo and stich? It is a little scary cos disney should not make cartoons about destructive aliens who ate anything in site! That's not Disney but there's some really good double short staff in it and some, what looks like to me, some well researched fire breathing. Wowsers eh!

Tennis

I have nothing of importance to say i'm afraid.

My cat's breath smells like catfood

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Trippy, the ring is a new movie that has been based off the Japanese version apprently...its at the cinemas at the moment here in aussie...but believe me...you wont want to see the movie at your place in your vcr....BELIEVE ME...you will understand when you see it!!!!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
As good as The Ring was, nothing will ever top the Evil Dead trilogy.

Shop smart, shop S -mart.

Jesus helps me trick people.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Actually, over-all, 8 people from the Poltergeist movies died either during or just after the makings, which is why they stopped the makings...
The girl from the Exorcist didn't actually lose her mind, she got into drugs really badly and it fubar-ed her up.

1st Ring very scary, from what I heard, more frightening than the American version, which I have yet to see.
13 Ghosts, I have seen it twice now...I have many complaints on that movie, but the concept was good.
Another recent one we saw was Ghost Ship. Ummm..eh. ot scary but interesting maybe???
Overall, the hack-n-slasher movies are just amusing to me I think. Blood and gore are pretty lame and not very frightening for me personally. The ones that give the mental bend are the ones I think that are the most frightening for me...like "Final Destination" on mere concept alone. We walked out of the theater from that movie and immediately saw a way to die everywhere we looked for the stroll home.
I also like alot of the old black and white movies, the ones where there is more insinuation than anything, like the old Vincent Price movies and such, they are creepy more than scary and I like that.
However, the one that reigns supreme for me, and this is cause I was *very* young and my one sister was a bitch who loved to torment me.... There was this movie where a woman was trapped by a house, the shower spewed blood all over her, the garden hose turned into a snake and accosted her, she was laying in bed at night and screamed and when she did a spider dropped into her mouth. I still have mental issues with that last scene.

Mike, people like the adrenaline rush you get from being scared. The movie thing is the same as the roller coaster, skydiving, bungee jumping conquering the world one fear at a time rush. Sometimes scary is fun. I prefer to be creeped out rather than scared shyteless!

Happy Hauntings everyone!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
yep, gotta love the evil dead trilogy, ash is inspirational, the way he just gets on with it

groovy

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Thanks Valura. I'll have to keep my eyes out for that one over here.
LOL
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Damn movie brought back more past suppressed memories. grrr I gotta stop seeing horror movies with children in it.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Picture this if you will...
Arsn and Valura making their way to Gooble to check out things only to find them shut (we forgot that they are in woodford)
...And walking smack bang into Trash Video who just happen to have a copy of RINGU...the Japanese verison that everyone was talking about...right?
So Valura sees also RINGU 2...on the stand so we grab both and settle in for a good scare fest over at Sweet Pixies house....
RINGU was fine...not that scary because we had seen the american version and we knew what was going on....BUT then we are feeling all brave and sit down at about 9.30 to watch the second one...
We proceed to scare the living crap outta ourselves and sweet pixie...HOLY MOLEY....MUCH MUCH worse than the american version...and the scary thing is that I seemed to be seeing things that Arsn and Sweet Pixie werent and upon commenting on them they would both look at me like I was fully crazy and rewind the DVD to prove me wrong...

VALURA..."Did you see Sadaku climb out of the well in that scene?"
ARSN AND SWEET PIXIE....(shocked slience)
VALURA..."WHAT?"
ARSN AND SWEET PIXIE...(in unison) "That never happened Chicken"....
VALURA..."Oh ha ha ha very funny..."
ARSN AND SWEET PIXIE...(pregnant pause)..."No SERIOUSLY that never happened"
VALURA..."Whatever..She got outta the well and started to walk towards the telly...Thats why I said 'why isnt anyone looking at the telly?'"
SWEET PIXIE...."Ummm Chicken all you saw was the hand coming out of the well and then the camera panned out from the screen...You didnt see anything else..."
VALURA..."OH GET OUT!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING???"
ARSN...rewinds DVD and....THEY ARE RIGHT!!!! HOLY SHIT I WAS SEEING STUFF...

I dunno what happened there...whether or not I was falling asleep and slightly dreaming..(I WAS pretty tired) but like I SWEAR saw that....oh well...if they chuck me in a looney bin because of RINGU dont be surprised...
The other fully scary part was when Sweet Pixies Mobile went off in the middle of the movie...We pretty much had to scrape her off the roof...LOL
Well worth the seeing if you get a hold of the Ring 2... Oh and by the way...the guy at Trash Video said that if you dig Japanese horror then you should watch " AUDITION" apprently its the creepiest movie he has ever seen...He said its worse than the rings....

Sweet Pixiemember
24 posts

Posted:
I must confess that after the events of last nights movie evening with Arsn and Valura i didn't actually get much sleep..... I had to cover the T.V i have in my bedroom and all night kept waking up hearing all sorts of strange noises......

Not happy!!!!! I do however recommend RINGU and RINGU2 to anyone who thinks that they won't be scared by 'Just a movie' .PS: when you watch it, make sure it's night time and all the lights are out..... it might pay to turn of any phones you have in the house too....

Sweet Pixie

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched...they must be felt with the heart...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Wuv you M'n'M

Non-Https Image Link

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Here Kitty Kitty!

Hey Valura,

I have seen Audition. Its pretty creepy allright. But did not get me like Ring did.

Ring messed with me head so much because I lived alone and kept thinking Sadako was going to climb out of the telly and slither across the tatami to get me.

Audition is definitely worth a watch

Evil Dead trilogy is excellent, but is more a comedy than a horror

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

bri mCcallmember
34 posts

Posted:
THE RING IS BY FAR THE FREAKIEST SHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!For real people. At first I felt sorry for the girl living in the stables everyone was afraid of her. I thoght that maybe she had a gift that no one understood. Then the mother talked to that lady, I started having my suspicions. But when the little boy was like, "youi weren't supposed to let her out" great acting job for that little boy. He should get an award. That child looked genuanly terrified. and then they flash to his dad who diddn't make a copy ls/kdfjv;/zxgskvs;lDIJV;sijvs it was reallyfreaky she started coming out of the screen and crawling across the floor kjfkjh;kjs I still havent seen the entirety of that sceen, I was hiding under my beanie the whole time. I had nightmares for days and days and days!!!!!!
I am not a person who is afraid of anything usually but this shit freaked me out. It was awsome and I can't wait untill it comes out on DVD I will own it and treasure it forever.!!!!

caniffisSILVER Member
60 posts

Posted:
have not seen the ring yet, and after reading this room i don't think i will! i have far to active a mind for that stuff.
the worst film i saw was when i was about 15, it was about 2am and i was on my own. it was event horizon. i know it isn't that bad but it sure as hell is freaky! especially as it isn't about the underworld but another dimension that is posible to exsist. and if you like scifi then you know that theoreticaly any dimension is possible!

What you don't know won't hurt you? well i intend to get to know as much as possible so that i can make sure no one else has to so they carn't get hurt.

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
the first year woodford has its very own fukin beats tent im all the fukin way over in london./
ffs...
have fun anyways.,., tell me if twas good yeah,.., im starting to miss the events back home.,,.,.

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

Page: