Forums > Social Chat > feelings about doing poi

Login/Join to Participate

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
what do you love or hate most when you have your poi/staff in hand and walking down the road or performing?

i love the weird ass looks i get when i walk down the road with my staff. dunno why. just do.
and when i practice in my back yard and ppl walk past and they look at me with 2 big balls of fire swinging around my head, or im practicin my throws for staff... its like "hehe look what you cant do u poor deprived ppl"

ive never performed in front of an audience... so i dunno what its like yet. the biggest audience ive had is my b/f, sis, mum and her b/f. wow. 4 ppl. and with that many ppl i was affraid i was gunna stuff things up. ahhh... stage fright! SHAME.

so what are you like towards ppl in the street or your audiences?

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

UCOF (emergency)member
129 posts

Posted:
well the most i and chris have ever perform to was 1000 people...is that a record? we loved every minute of it and wanted more...

erm...this is only a temp account until i get home and get the password to my usual account...sorry (itsa still the same flipping wierdo though)

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Probably not, Tony, DJ, me and some other girl performed at trafalgar square during one of the marches last year. We were on top of the pedestal thing. There were thousands of people there and TV crews etc... but we only got paid in sandwiches!!!! Also I am sure that is not a record either. As I have seen it on TV at other times and that is in front of millions of people!

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I did Glastonbury this year.. pretty nerve wracking till I realised that everyone was going to be watching Tepooka instead So I didn't really worry - as I was just on the side lines.. but I went right up to the audience and smiled at some of them! heheh! It was way cool - but I oly did one night as it was my burpday that weekend and my best friend fed me lots of stuff that is not condusive to safe fire performance! hahah! Later on I did an impromptu thing infront of the Brothers cider bar - loads of people turned round and looked at me - it was cool but I stuffed up... They wanted me on the roof - but it was a bit small - so I said no - plus I don't drink cider anymore..

Oh yeah Jez, don't forget we did that silly Return to Oz thing we did- don't forget the 'mass audience' that is going to reach

[ 26. November 2002, 22:47: Message edited by: MisStix ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Talking about that "wizard of Oz" thinggy do you know when we are gonna get those videos?

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
JEZ
Please tell me that was at the anti-war march from Hyde Park to Trafalgar Square....(I forget the date.....)
Cos if it was I saw you. And it was before I started spinning. You could just be one of my initial inspirations.......

I performed with Stix at Glasto in front of lotsa people. And at a massive mansion party in Devon a month or so ago. They were both big audiences, but for me that's not what I like most

I like it when I'm spinning all alone after college and suddenly realize it's gone dark and I've been out for hours.I like the roar of the flames - cos I jumped out of my skin when I first heard it and it still makes me grin nowI love those looks when people can't figure out what those two big sticks are that you're hugging on the bus homeI love it when other spinners notice my spinning in a good way. It means a lot to meI HATE arrogant people who think their hobby is better than yours. So narrow minded.....

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Errmmm not sure - I'd be very suprised if the editing has been finished yet.. hehehe!

I'll ask Noods to email Gary.. It's been months now hasn't it?? I'd like to see it tho - just for a laugh and to bring back memories of a very funny night and good friends made!!

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
(sorry this is going off topic again)

Stix - yeah i can't wait to see what me and Justine were like as Whores! And i want to see what the beginning of the film was like!

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Alice! This is not the place for your fantasies!

tut tut......

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

UCOF (emergency)member
129 posts

Posted:
hahahaha....

erm...this is only a temp account until i get home and get the password to my usual account...sorry (itsa still the same flipping wierdo though)

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
They really, really were whores..