Phoenix1221member
14 posts

Posted:
i'm not sure if this idea has been done before, but i was just making my first staff last night and i'm not too big on the whole fire idea. so i came up with a different plan. i'm going to attach glowsticks to the ends of the staff so there is some sort of light illuminating off of the staff, but not a dangerous as fire. what does everyone think? and please tell me if this idea has been expressed before by someone else so i don't take their credit.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
It's not a new idea, but don't feel bad. There's one guy in town who has made several glowstaves, and his approach is really cool: he uses aluminum (or for you Brits, alyoominium) tubing, drills a bunch of small holes near the ends, and inserts the glowsticks inside the tube, which he keeps in place with rubber stoppers or something (I haven't examined them that closely). Anyhow, neat effect.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Phoenix1221member
14 posts

Posted:
cool thanx. the staff i'm making is wood at the moment and i'm gonna paint it with black light responsive paint with the glowsticks on the ends. i can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished. kudos out to the guy with the aluminum staff. i thought it was a good idea.