Page:
Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
anyone going to reading 2006? plus is there anything happening to do with poi or whatever? i went last year, but didn't really see much confused but yeah, theres no glastonbury this year so maybe more people there?

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
i would join the HoP campsite, but i'm going with like 30 friends, so we are going to have our own campsite i think, but i'm still going to take my fire stuff. if you see a lone spinner, it will probably be me. That early day pass ticket thing is so worth it to get a good spot.

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
i want to go but my life depends on my parents currently

Actually back on HoP guys ...

Owned By MiG
Owns Fyre and Mods_Stole_My_Name

scratchfreakBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
If we do do a HoP campsite which camp would ppl wont it to be in?
i would suggest green cos its near to the river where its ok to spin fire!

Im Not Crazy!! Honist

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yeh and a 1000000000000mile walk to the arina i think not

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

19 posts

Posted:
green is the nearest to the arena! theres where i go every year and it takes bout 5 min walk!

Im Not Crazy!! Honist

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
camp here

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
thats a good place, my friends had a site like round there last year, i think in they triangle to the right... i only went for the sunday tho.

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
when i went this year, i got my tent in the green area which was awful. I spent all my time moving from brown to yellow, with the only time i moved to green was to go through the camp to the river exit to spin fire. If the HoP camp could get a large area in yellow would be ace, but i found brown a great camp to be in, beerchug

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

19 posts

Posted:
I dont think im gonna win this one!
yellow is good but if it rains, it gets flooded easily

Im Not Crazy!! Honist

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
lol wrong again yellow is the most rain resistant sight it has a covering of top soil then its stones all the way down like I said iv this will be my 11th reading. And iv camped in most of the sights yellow I is def the way to go

yellow I used to be part of the main arena so is well drained you don’t even get so much as a puddle there even when it pisses it down
Plus you are right next to the radio 1 tent so if you don’t have tickets or cant be bothered to go into the arena you can still hear everything on that stage its top

19 posts

Posted:
like i said i dont think im gonna win! lol
im guessing it shall be yellow then!!!!
whos gonna do the flag??

Im Not Crazy!! Honist

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
hey if its in yellow, i'll probly be close to you guys, coz i'm definatly camping in yellow. but yeah, you need a flag.

Spontaneously CombustableThe cuter FRD
214 posts

Posted:
I have never been to Reading before, Doug has semi persuaded me to go this year......money is no issue thank god....

----There are no opportunities, only problems----

965 posts

Posted:
YES...i have altered the future of a little one by telling them the wonders of reading festival.

By the time it comes i will of deifintly of made a flag, or a number of flags, as i will get bored soon, ubbrollsmile

*smiles* smile

A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
oohh flags... i might make me one...

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ha ha tobi is that the map you made for me last year?

Why are people discussing this like its happening next week, 8 months guys! God this is worse than falmouth early prep wink

And I would suggest everyone listen to Tobi the guy knows what hes talking about, and helped me last year, yellow is the best smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
*looks in and gets a lil scared*

arghhh uber organisation *melts in its evil rays*

just lobbing my 2 cents in

meet people before you get to the campsites

when i went i missed the train and had to try and meet my friends in the campsite - it doesnt work tongue

also if all else fails if there are a few of you you can make your own mini camp smile

back

IcyFireBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
Yeah im going. Have been past few years but didnt do any fire poi. Was supposed to last year, brought all the stuff, but was always too wasted in the evenings for me to feel able to do it safely around people.

The campsites not good for it but saw some ppl spinning at the back of the site last year. Seemed like a good spot. Theres a big patch of grass by the river where the boat to town leaves from. Should get a group there, organise a time. Prob best thursday night when everyones there but the musics not started yet.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Last time we organised to meet on the friday at about 9 i think, anyway organisation yuk yuk!

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

965 posts

Posted:
I always remembered a large group meeting up at Reapers Bridge..(that be the big bridge into the food area)...at midnight on the friday, sat and sunday after all the music finished and moved to river from there. ubbtickled

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Wow, this threads a bit keen! I might go, didnt last year tho im not overly keen on the camping and not washing!

PYROWILL - "tobi i thought you said you'd not go again, oh please go! im gonna need back up in case someone else arrives!"

hahaha!

xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
wink

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Oi! stop with the Leeds Bashings! Every year it gets slagged. I've been for the last two years and had a really great time. So stop with the negativity. All the same bands play, they're meant to be sister festivals. Where's that hippy spirit of love and freindship?

enough said.

meditate

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
Written by: Vixen

Wow, this threads a bit keen! I might go, didnt last year tho im not overly keen on the camping and not washing!

not washing is half the experiance. i mean where would the fun be if you didn't smell.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"Where's that hippy spirit of love and freindship?"

Why not ask the teenage "alternative" metal music listening collective that seems to gather there every year wink

Reading Festival has *NOTHING* to do with hippes, love, or friendship.
Well... maybe not the last one smile

But as Glastonbury is not on this year... who knows.. I may go.
I should see if Bovril monkey if upwards for it bounce

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yes, I am indeed upwards for it, assuming I can scrape together the cost of the ticket smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
haha everytime ive been and camped ive left the site to go for a shower, sad isnt it! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Bov Ucof, Vix, you must all go, much fun will be had

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
When do tickets go on sale?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

TiffXBRONZE Member
76 posts

Posted:
Im def goin to reading this year, last year was awsome, there was some well cool fire spinning goin on by the river and some cool glow spinning in the arena

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side!

Page: