Page:
polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Things here are currently pretty busy work wise, so there's nothing planned for the immediate future (till the end of April). If you're interested in coming to a meet join the group at https://groups.myspace.com/malvernfirespinners and I'll see about organising something.

We don't mind people staying over the whole weekend (fri-sun) if they want. I've got a fair few toys and I'm willing to teach, I'm just lacking a staff. If the weather's iffy then there's always other things to do like rubiks puzzle solving, origami, and a whole load of films to watch (including many HoP DVDs), the local pub serves exceptionally good food and drink, and the Chinese and pizza place deliver here too smile

A map to my house from Malvern is available here.

If like me you're without a car, then Colwall has it's own train station (on the Birmingham - Hereford line), and my house is about a 20 minute walk from there, (we can probably provide lifts from the station to save people having to walk up the hill), the station in Great Malvern is a slightly longer walk, but the hill isn't so steep that way.

All HoPpers and Midlands spinners are welcome.

EDITED_BY: polarity (1175103832)

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I'm up for meets every weekend during the summer (first post updated accordingly). We'll be doing a party around the 20th of August too smile

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
where in the midlands is this? is it far from stoke

dont think ill be able to meet tomorrow night tho, definitely try n come down for future spins tho

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
About as far south of Birmingham as you are north (link).

It would read fri/sat/sun, but the HoP calendar isn't that fancy.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
yeh dont think i can make it, but def there for future reference

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
On the calendar for the 2nd of September. It'd be nice to see a few local spinners for this one. Let me know if you'd prefer to meet in the park in Malvern, or somewhere closer to my place (I have to walk to Malvern, but the beer at the Mount Pleasant is tempting).

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Duncan- I have a feeling this clashes with another do i'm possibly attending in Malvern- more details from Hyperlight as and when he reads this thread biggrin

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
See [Old link].. smile

Cake or Death?

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Heh! Well, it saves me doing anything biggrin

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
So Polarity as I missed HyperLight's do, which I am still apologising for, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry..........*starts groveling*..........redface

Is your meet still going on? I think I am free that weekend, but as I have a memory like a sieve and lost my diary I'm not sure.

If I can make it I could give some people a lift from Malvern Link Station as I literally live just across the road. And of course if Hyperlight wants a lift I could pick him up on the way.....*still grovelling*..... hug

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
I'll hopefully be showing up, possibly with the ladyfriend and Jon again (Jon being the guy with nunchucks that came to back to nature with me). I'll be bringing a staff along can always bring along my non-scary wooden one if anyone likes, c'ause while I'm not great i like teaching what i know smile

Joe x

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Still on for the 7th etc.

Keep prodding me. It's been a busy month, what with Falmouth, Bristol Juggling Convention, Wales/England border meet, and then this, so my head isn't entirely together as to when things are happening. I would have replied quicker, but my inbox is swamped as I'm using a temporary computer and haven't set up filters redface

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
*prod*

Well I think the diary is clear so I should see you next weekend.

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
My glow staff'll be arriving some time during this week, so I can have lighty sticky fun without burning me or the surrounding county biggrin

Speaking of which is Colwall technically in hereford or worcestershire?

Edit, I'll bring a practice stick or two as well in case anyone fancies giving it a try smile
EDITED_BY: Joe_47 (1159735885)

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
According to the signs Hereford starts at the Wych Cutting. I don't know about the rest of Colwall though, but here we've got a Worcester Postcode.

I suppose I should go and get some fuel... smile

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I think it's probably too cold to be spinning at this time of year (What with being high up and windy), so meets are off until it warms up again. When my sister gets back from America we may do some indoor parties though.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
It's getting warm enough to go outdoors again! Time to start thinking about organising some meets biggrin

https://groups.myspace.com/malvernfirespinners

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Hey polarity,

We met at falmouth last easter ( i was camping next to your tent) hows things mate? I cant believe i live on the out skirts of Malvern all my life decide to move away and then a spin starts up!! dude that sucks. Were putting on our own little gathering this year www.flamefireshows.com/southernlights2007.html

You up for coming? would be really nice to get some worcester spinners to represent! im back home seeing the olds in May I will get incontact and try and meet up for a spin.

Take care dude

Page: