• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Theo_
SILVER Member since Oct 2005

Theo_

Dirty Hippie

Total posts: 347
Posted:I got some RubberThings, and they came with some metal chains, also i made some fire heads. i was woundering if it would be alright to use the same chains as my rubberthings for the fire heads i made. i thought they would be alright its just i wanted some more experienced opinions. thanks.

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

Delete Topic

Mint Sauce
BRONZE Member since Sep 2003

veteran

Total posts: 1453
Posted:what are rubber things confused

could be anything ubbangel???

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Delete

Theo_

Theo_

Dirty Hippie

Posted:they are these rubber strobing atom poi. http://www.poipoi.info/shop/index.php?crn=1&rn=314&action=show_detail

Delete

Mint Sauce
BRONZE Member since Sep 2003

veteran

Total posts: 1453
Posted:ahhh right thanks

the only thing I would watch for is the clip it is spring loaded so that may well fail also they may stretch when heated repeatedly the chains and handles will be fine I would suggest going to B&Q and getting a pair of these. or get them of hop.

http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails.php/234_49_3_stainless

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Delete

Theo_

Theo_

Dirty Hippie

Posted:ah ok thanx. i will do that!

Delete

Invader Xan
SILVER Member since May 2005

Invader Xan

Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist

Total posts: 479
Posted:You know, if you need cheap and readily available chains, you can do a lot worse than going to a pet shop and buying a couple of medium weight choke chains. Anyone who's ever walked an overexcitable dog will tell you how tough those things are. =)

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

Delete

Lurch
BRONZE Member since Nov 2003

Lurch

old hand

Total posts: 929
Posted:I've always used choker chains on my poi

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

Delete

Igirisujin
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 2666
Posted:Eeek noo I wouldnt use those rubber strobing atom chains for fire poi, they look abit thin and fire poi after there soaked can get quiet weighty, they might snap off (especially with the heat) and fly off and hit something/someone.

IDe get a chain from hop so you can get hop points for your gallery, and discounts on future purchases. The hop shop ubblove

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete