gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Ok Here's one. Was thinking about performances and was wondering if anyone put anything else into a performance to add dramatic effect. Was thinking about stuff you see on tv etc where stage effects such as someone throws something on the floor resulting in a vey large puff of smoke. Stage effects like this, i feel, could have some use in larger fire performances and was wondering if anybody new how some of them were done.cheers guyspeace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
We use smoke...it's really very dramatic. The stage filled with smoke and nothing is on it but our towers of candles. "Voodoo" by Godsmack starts up and you realise there is a girl on stage crouched completely over extending her arms out to the sides swiping something over the flames which then become ignited and look like fans....she stands and what you see intially are the fans fire and smoke, then the smoke clears and I continue on with my dance.Strobe lights have an amazing effect on fire poi. The fire moves at full speed while everything else seems to slow down.Multi-colored lights also look cool with the right costume.Blacklight body paints, especially when you are wearing dark clothes..the images dance around the fire.Oh...the possibilities are endless........Beyond things like that you can also use a projector and have correlating images flicker across your body while spinning for a performance art piece if you want to make a statement beyond the norm.You can also use props...like I do a chair dance...etc....(I *really* like to experiment wink)------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 20 April 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
My friend ( whom togeather with others we form: MONKEY PUZZLE ENTERTAINMENT, also works as a light and sound engineer. He uses loads of those pyrotechniks u mentioned garbo (theatrical flashes).And uses masses of smoke and U.V spot-lights to make people virtually invisible, exept for the U.V poi.Cool heh grin ?

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
I think that I should visit some more performances cause I have only seen a few.cheers guys all sounds very impressive.anyone elsepeace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe: