subaru66newbie
2 posts

Posted:
sorry if this is the wrong forum...but getting quite stressed trying to find Poi's for my daughters (and myself) in time for xmas! Any ideas (please) where I can go to a shop (not internet) and buy some near either Boston or Lincoln in uk?
Really appreciate it ....plus what would be the best for us to start with? I am ancient biggrin and my daughters are a (very) grown up 13 and 15 year olds....thanks....ali

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I doubt anywhere there will sell them, your closest place would be either notts, york or sheffield

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Go to Tesco - buy the juggling balls available there, 3 for £3. Buy two lots. Then buy some random long-socks from... somwhere, and insert the balls into the socks! Simple. smile

Hope that helps.

Willy - is bad for your health...

subaru66newbie
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your comments guys...really appreciate it!

cheers.... ali

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
i would suggest a diferent way cos ive found juggling balls are very hard to come by when you look for them, but a load of dry lentils, colour doesnt matter, then get some long knee length socks

Turn the socks inside out and pour lentils in to desired weight. Tie SINGLE knot right at the base sealing the lentils in.

then turn the sock outside in so it is the right way and there you go, instant sock poi smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

lollypopstranger
13 posts

Posted:
hi all just woundered any one knows any groups meeting in lincoln as im getting very lonley since moveing here
but bout me
im 23 almost 24
i currentley wrk as a manager at well known food restraunt in lincoln but have recentley graduated with a degree in drama. i own sevrel sets off poi including two lots of led set fire (not great ones but would love to get some snake ones not quite good enough yet though) and my most recent uv flags that i need to fix. i also have two staffs one fire variety (however not been lit yet) tryied a bit off jugeling when i went to southern lights but need to get myself some balls sone me thinks

"There is in every madman a misunderstood genius whose idea, shining in his head, frightened people, and for whom delirium was the only solution to the strangulation that life had prepared for him."
- Artaud, Antonin

HisanoBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
I'm with Lincoln circus school if you're still looking for a club, lollypop! They have a website and FB page xx