Forums > Social Chat > ARRGH, this is soo aggravating

Login/Join to Participate

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
I have to wait til after christmas until I get my fire poi's. My sister is getting them for me as a present. I've been using sock poi's to practice for the last 2 months. I'm very eager to try fire poi's. My Homemade monkeyfist fire poi's didn't turn out too well. The "fire resistant rope" (or so said the DIY store manager) didn't actualy turn out to be fire resistant, as I found out by the burning plastic rubbery stuff flying off in all directions. Anyway, i'll attempt to get a video or a few picture's of my first proper burn. Stay tuned folks.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
fire resistant rope from a DIY store? oh dear, buy kevlar rope!! that is all you should use to make wicks. also, poi are like sheep, so its like 2 sheep, 2 poi, not poi's smile sorry, one of my pet hates!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Hold on a moment... you tied monkeyfists using synthetic rope as wick, then set them on fire?

And you were surprised they melted? umm

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Fire poi is lame anyway.

But the whole fire resistant thing is really stupid.

Resistant and proof are two different things.

As I learnt with my water resistant torch in the bath. All hopes at pretending to be a deep sea explorer were dashed in one breif short circuit... wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
white socks with shiny aerotech proballs in them are the way forward, fire poi are overrated.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Beth

poi are like sheep, so its like 2 sheep, 2 poi, not poi's smile sorry, one of my pet hates!

Note his use of the posseisive apostrophie as well. Argh!

wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
sp: apostrophe wink

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

278 posts

Posted:
Written by: Beth

fire resistant rope from a DIY store? oh dear, buy kevlar rope!! that is all you should use to make wicks. also, poi are like sheep, so its like 2 sheep, 2 poi, not poi's smile sorry, one of my pet hates!

My bad, thanks for correcting me smile

Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

Hold on a moment... you tied monkeyfists using synthetic rope as wick, then set them on fire?

And you were surprised they melted? umm

They didn't feel nor look synthetic. But when it was on fire it started to spray in a plasticy kinda way.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
RAAAH SUNTHE...wait been covered
RAAAH POI NOT..... wait also been covered

have a hug instead hug

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

278 posts

Posted:
smile oh well, no one ever learns anything without experiancing it.

10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: fluffy napalm fairy

sp: apostrophe wink

Damn! biggrin

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
S'alright, schoolin' don't mean nuffin wink

Meh

278 posts

Posted:
Exactly my thinking Cantus, a man after my own heart....In a none gay way.... :S