Page:
TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
"little kids" shouldnt be using the internet without supervision - pg rated site or not!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
hey im a little ish kid and i learned how to use the internet at 8, and calling a thread aldults only attract people in

Actually back on HoP guys ...

Owned By MiG
Owns Fyre and Mods_Stole_My_Name

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
kids under 10 shouldnt use the internet unsupervised.

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
i was a rebel

Owned By MiG

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Realistically tinks, if they're gonna try and visit websites that aren't suitable, then they aren't going to be put off by a supposed restriction on when they can access them. Plus most 10-13 year olds already know most of anything deemed *unsuitable* already.

So devilsarmy, how do you think we can stop little kids reading topics that are only supposed to be for adults? If a big fat warning label doesn't do the trick, what are we supposed to do? It's like ignoring a sign that says "10,000 V: Keep Off!". It's your funeral.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
call it something really boring, like 'The qualitative differences between various napthalene derivatives'. How many 10-13 year olds would want to read that?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

earthdragonMember
62 posts

Posted:
thats all great but ya'll say santa isnt real but couldnt at on point of time a kind fat man gave kids presents and his kindness just lives on

just a thought

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
meh id go with wat MIG said, but i dont want to put myself in trouble so im gonna shut up now

Owned By MiG

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Trouble with who? We're all equals y'know. We're not about to condemn you for being 14 (or whatever) and reading a thread entitled "Adults only" which talks about the (non)existance of Santa Claus.

earthdragon: Santa doesn't deliver presents to children, and if he did then he's dead now (even if it's only because of the air friction that comes from flying on a sleigh at close to 20 times the speed of sound...).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
thats wat i mean i dont want to get into arguements now im gone

Owned By MiG

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
@ sethis - i've seen that thingy somewhere before...

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
oh u mean avitar yer come to think of it so have i....

Owned By MiG

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Written by: crowley2

who here knows the real story of saint nick and why we have this myth hands up pls
*puts hand up to start every1 off*

*Puts hand up.*

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I'm getting the feeling no-one reads the whole thread before posting...
All about St Nick wink

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
um, i meant the thingy that proves santa can't exist cos of air resistance and stuff...

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Wow, I didn't think this would create so much debate... I admit that I wish I could see more 'magic' in the world. And believe me, I try. Unfortunately, I am pinioned by logic and reason.
Written by: Sethis

Santa doesn't deliver presents to children, and if he did then he's dead now (even if it's only because of the air friction that comes from flying on a sleigh at close to 20 times the speed of sound...).

ubbidea So that got me thinkin,' What is the scientific probability that Santa exists? Let's start with the reindeer. To date, no known species of reindeer can fly, but there are 300,000 living organisms on Earth awaiting classification. While these are mostly insects and germs, it does not rule out the possibility of flying reindeer, which only Santa has seen.

Now onto the physics of what he claims to accomplish. (I'm using approximations because I don't have real-time, exact figures, so bear with me) We know there are roughly 2 billion children in the world. But because Santa is a known anti-semite, he does not deliver to Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist or Muslim children, so that reduces the workload to 15%, approximately 379 million or so. At an average rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes.

If he travels east to west, Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to time zones and the Earth's natural rotation. This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This means that for each home with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, get down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining gifts under the tree, eat some cookies, and get back up to the sleigh, and on to the next house, which means that he's traveling at about 3,000 times the speed of sound.

Assuming each present weighs an average of 2 pounds, that's 353,000 tons moving at 650 miles per second. From air resistance alone, the lead reindeer would absorb 14.2 quintillion joules of energy per second. Each. They would burst into flames instantaneously and create sonic booms in their wake. The entire team will have vaporized within 4.26/1000ths of a second.
Given this information, no rational person could agree to the existence of Santa Claus.

However, what fun is rational? wink

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Yeah MiG, Prometheus is more accurately quoting "A physicists view of Santa Claus" or whatever it's called. I got a christmas card from someone on my floor with the whole article on it. Funny as hell!

If Santa *did* deliver presents, he's dead now... biggrin

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
My source credits Stephen Hawking, but it's pretty unlikely he has nothing better to do than crunch numbers on Christmas Eve...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
no we dont

Owned By MiG

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
i thought that the faster you went the slower time goes

not that i know anything about phisics

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
meh, i dont get what they said up the top, just smile and keep nodding

Owned By MiG

earthdragonMember
62 posts

Posted:
no there not it started out is it ok for a teacher to tell young kids that santas not true (NO)

and as for sethis ya he wouled be dead but hell so are so many other ppl we look to for all kindes of things soch as angels and dont for get gods of all kindes so to say that just cuz some one dies there thought dosent go on

earthdragonMember
62 posts

Posted:
no it started is it ok for a teacher to tell young kids that santa isnt real (NO)

sethis i know santa isnt reall i 23 come on but to say just cuz some one is dead that there thoughts and belives dont go on. what about all the ppl that belive in angels and sprits and o dont forget all the G O D S that ppl still to this day base there lives around you cant prove thay are real just the same as santa

earthdragonMember
62 posts

Posted:
sorry i said twice didnt see it the frist time redface

earthdragonMember
62 posts

Posted:
well just the same im out of town for a bit so ya,ll have a marry x-mas and a great new year beerchug angel biggrin

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
and u merry yule/christmas

Owned By MiG

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Written by: earthdragon

all the ppl that belive in angels and sprits and o dont forget all the G O D S that ppl still to this day base there lives around you cant prove thay are real just the same as santa

I stand by my belief that people who believe in angels and spirits and gods are believing in things that don't exist. Same as Santa. That they choose to base their lives around it seems slightly depressing to me, but hey, that's my opinion.

Oh, and there's an easy way to disprove santa's existence. Stand next to the tree all night. I bet in the morning presents won't have been miraculously delivered by santa. And if you've been "good" (how the heck do you define that anyway?) then Santa has some explaining to do...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:

no there not it started out is it ok for a teacher to tell young kids that santas not true (NO)

PLEASE put some punctuation in there. It took me like 5 reads to figure out what you were trying to say.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
but the thing is spirts and gods are different to santa cause i dont see my parents going round in a god suit, i strongly disagree with u Sethis

Owned By MiG

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:

angels and sprits and o dont forget all the G O D S that ppl still to this day base there lives around you cant prove thay are real just the same as santa

Well ,damn, someone appear to be saying that "G O D S" are the same as Santa.

I know they're not. Santa is based (however marginally) on Saint Nicholas. Gods are anthropomorthic representations of anything from Rivers and Forests to psychological disorders/fallacies. Which part of my statement were you disagreeing with anyway? That santa won't deliver your presents? That he really exists? That Gods are real?

Take care weavesmiley

Page: