Forums > Other Toys > Long Awaited Sikhball website....

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
CHECK IT OUT, it's still under construction,
but we got the site now....

sikhball.com

check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything meets in the center...

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
https://www.sikhball.com/

For those too lazy to type it into their address bar.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
lol, thanx a lot....

heh heh

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
cool

great photo - can't wait to see some video biggrin

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
You know it!!

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
It sounds like we've gotten a gig, playing for a Reggae fest up here in VT. Any ideas for a routine? Music, or even insurance?

We're doing the flaming sikhball on stage in-between sets, should we wear fancy clothes, glowing clothes?

But Sweet!!!! We got a gig!!!

MuskelungeGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
Hey! I remember your post a while ago trying to explain this thing. Good to see you finally got something going.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Promethean_AdvocateBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
Good thing Sparkey posted the auto-link, otherwise I wouldnt have been bothered C&Ping (I consider lazyness an artform, one I am willing to devote my time and effort toward perfecting....or not.)

Anyone care to explain the concept and name? Are we talking flaming hacky sac with a soccerball? Is there some religious affiliation? Are turbans somehow involved, perhaps as the thing being kicked? Is this the new Black? Who let the dogs out? (Ok, that last one is off topic, but it needed to be asked.)

JD

Incendiary meditation

“Think not of the staff as being rigid, but of your mind as being that which is inflexible.”

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
I just put some info onto the site about what it is. There is no religious affiliation to it, although it was originally developed by a Sikh Hindu and a Kung Fu practicioner.

From what I've garnered from talking with one of the guys who started it, it was originally just a training technique for gatka...

He and a sikh deveolped it into a game they played with a leather ball.... I and some friends then made balls of kevlar and lit them on fire...

thus we have Flaming SikhBall

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Those photos look really cool!

You HAVE to get a video up of it!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
interesting... i can't look at the sikhball site at work because
Written by: lame webnanny

The Websense category "Sex" is filtered.

i could look at it before you put the info about it on the site... What body part do you hit this sikhball with anyway? umm

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
Sorry the website isn't working for you Simian, I'm no good at webpage-building, so I'm getting a friend to fix it all up for me... If you have just regular internet explorer, it will probably work...

To play the game, you kind of rest the ball in your hand and on your forearm, however people have bounced it off of their knees, they've hacky-sacked it, off of their head, done some contact juggling, it's all game...

Basically you just don't interrupt the energy of the ball... You just move with it, and the rest is all fun!!!

www.sikhball.com

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
..So its basically flaming haki-sack, with tai-chi?

Or have I missed the point entirely?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
Yea, when we get video up on the site, it'll be much easier to understand...

Just grab a ball and throw it round your body, under your arms, to another person, but don't grab the ball, just craddle it in your arms and move with the energy of the ball...

it's pretty simple, when you see it being done

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
beerchug beerchug beerchug

Now it's time to relax, after a year finally I've gotten some video online!!!!

check it out at www.sikhball.com

in through the video link

Peace

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
Unfourtunately you do need a myspace acct to view the video, at least till I can get it compressed and put on the website

check it out!!!

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Heh.. I saw a(the?) sikhball vid the other day, reminded me of way back when, about 15 yrs or so ago, when we used to douse a nice newly fuzzy tennis ball in charcoal lighter fluid, light it up and toss it around in the same fashion. Ahh.. the days of stupid youth (I'm referring to me and melting tennisballs, not you and sikhball). Thanks for bringing those memories back.

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
No worries, dousing a giant ball of kevlar with kerosene and tossing it around is kinda stupid as well, no arm hair, no eyebrows, no facial hair, skin burns all over, as tony the tiger would have said, it's grrrrrreat!!!!

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Sweet. I see what you mean about the flow. Very nice. How did you make the ball?

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
Right now I'm cutting kevlar cloth into 8 rounded triangles, I then have been using artificial sinew to sew them together, but I want to get kevlar cord, I think it'll hold up better, then sew the pieces of cloth into a ball, turn it inside out so the sewing seams are on the inside, stuff it with shredded cloth, and voila, your very own handy dandy fire-ball.

Oh then I soak the [censored] out of it with kerosene, definitely use gloves when throwing the ball around it gets very hot.

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
Sikhball video!!!

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1683723578513042667

Peace
juggle

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Oh so that's what this is. We just call it hot potatoe. And we use rags tied into big knots.

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
hard out a......
we used loo paper!

bu i think this is far more refined than drinking exsessively and booting the crap out of flaming dunny rolls

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
LOL

Well call it what you will, It's all the same and it's all fun!!!!

But there's nothing like having a 1-3lb. kerosene soaked, flaming ball of kevlar rocketing towards your head!!!

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
May 20th in Jericho, VT there is a Rennaisance faire.

We'll be doing fire-sikhball at it.

Lots of other fire stuff too, sword fighting, poi, staff, maybe some fire whip, come one come all!!!!

the_poierSILVER Member
the 1337 poier
346 posts

Posted:
so how long till yeh start selling fire sikhballs? me my brother and our other mate are intrested in buying one...PM me if yeh would be willing to sell us one

ive got a fuzzbox and im not afraid to use it
R.I.P. gayfest

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3311564132961007794

Here's a link to some new firesikhball video

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
Hey,

this is the test link for the new website, must thank Roz for all the hard work!!!

check it out, tell us what you think!!!

https://students.mim.iml.uts.edu.au/students/97083289/sikhball/

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
Check it out

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3311564132961007794&q=more+fire+sikh

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
That's quite groovy, great job!

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
https://www.sikhball.com

The main one is also now up and running, with the gallery moved to the front page (try running your mouse over it). Just one glitch on the video page that needs to be fixed.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Page: