• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Page: 12
FireTom

Stargazer

Total posts: 6650
Posted:Coming across a few stereotypes here I would like to poll some opinions from you...

In Germany (and I guess in the UK aswell) we have quite a large number of fathers who are (legally) denied any access to their children.

Personally I'm speaking from (some) experience, as I'm denied any contact with my now almost four year old daughter by her mum since she was 3 months (even though not legally) because she thinks that my "lifestyle and appearance" are inappropriate (long hair, travelling, firespinning, not having a steady job and income)... she's a banker, can't blame her... shrug rolleyes

In my immediate surrounding I know of another case where a woman got pregnant from her one-night-stand and denies the father any contact to his son of 3yrs since birth ( for spiritual reasons as she opposes Reiki )...

The father has NO chance to push for contact, hence he has to pay allemonies... confused

What's your experience/ opinion about this?

The attached poll should end Dec 30st 2006... but carries the wrong date... sorry rolleyes

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Delete Topic

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:Written by: Spanner

I wasn't speaking exclusively of arguing, but about abuse.

That's what I meant when I said "really bad"... no respectable institution would research that while watching the kids suffer! (or better: a child and the father/mother who's currently being abused would probably not volunteer for a divorce research study....)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:Of course: I wasn't disagreeing with you smile

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:okay... kinda misread it hug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

Page: 12