pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hi all...

last october, at common ground, i stumbled apon a horizontal hyperloop, of which i could not find a way out of. but. after several days of experimenting i found a way out, which soon led to this: the hyperpitouette.

im gradually refining it, and this morning caught it six times out of ten, cleanly.

has this been done before?

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
ive been trying airwrap suicides, but nothing like this

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
sounds interesting. its something iv thought about but never figured out where to start with it.

xavhanBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
you can throw your hyperloop when you are in a butterfly hyperloop

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Written by:

pete
has this been done before?

Its difficult question to answer, because there are many spinners thinking about moves and inventing, but I saw it for the first time pete smile
I've tried to do the same, but holding one handle and let the free handle twist for a while in hyperloop before I catched it again.

keep on spinning smile,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
Written by: xavhan

hey thanks, this has given me a couple of new ideas.

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
fraid it has been done before.

It's a lot of fun, the butterfly ones are cool smile also whip catch pirouettes are very possible and look so very very ace biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
ok just managed to do something and i have no idea how i did it and how the hell to do it again, but i started an airwrap, and stalled it then reversed it, it was weird as hell, probabily broke every rule of physics, but i didi it! help me recreate it

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
May this move help you.
You can make and airwrap wall plane, that can change direction. Cause as your airwrap tangle in the end there is only full wrap and from this wrap and in this moment, you can start to untangle reversed.

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
like airwrapping them and then wrapping them on your wrists (you can have the poi wrap around each other once and then wrap on the same wrist thats holding that poi, or you can wrap em twice and have em wrap on the wrist of the opposite poi... ad infinitum)...
do it again and again and again!
(one direction then the other)
oh yeah!.
smile

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yeah done lots and lots, especially with pirouettes. You can throw them really high too and they don't come untangled (if you use knotted sock handles) and they carry on rotating around their centre for a good two or three full rotations.

Written by: xavahn

smile

He already is! The entry may be horzontal same direction hyperloop but the throw is from vertical butterfoop after you put them into one hand.

Although seeing as same direction hyperloops and butterfloops are basically the same thing I guess it doesn't really matter much but it's worth keeping your eye on Pete

smile

You're having trouble exiting....well do the same as normal hyperloops. Look at the knot and see when they'll pop out, if you want more info pm me I'm sure we could talk all day about em biggrin weavesmiley

Let's relight this forum ubblove

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
or you could talk about them in here and we could ALL benefit from duncs amazing menagerie of knowledge!
(dances about dunc, strewing flowers all the while)
tra-la-la!
smile
hey by the way dunc when you're propellering (i remember reading you saying that you could do 63 in a row, once), do you have your hand fancing down to the ground, out away from you, or straight up in the air? (im sure, im sure, all can be done... but...) i can get 4 when my hand faces down. 4! (yay!)
(and whats the difference between propeller and wibble?)
thanks!
biggrin

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
[Old link] wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove