Page:
preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
As you may or may not know the WJF championships began yesterday or thurstday the 15th of december. I was wondering if anyone has any Predictions and who they think might be able to take on the winners from last year in the solo competitions. here take the pole im just curious if anyone who will take on the champions from last year. There is not a womens pole because quite frankly I think it is between two jugglers Olga galchenko and Gena Shvartsman. Im just curious what poeple think if anyone has any opinions to share feel free. Remember you are voting on who is most likely to beat last years champions. Remeber you are voting on who is most likely to take on last years champion. If you dont think anyone will beat them vote for who you think will take second.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
I could only vote for Thomas Dietz beating Jason Garfield.

Doubt Sergei can be beaten with rings, and doubt Vova can be beaten by any named.

Willy - is bad for your health...

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
to quote myself if you dont think that they can be beaten vote for the best chance for second place

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Why? What's the point?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Because this is a fundamental and intricate part of what jugglers do.
We rate each other and predict who will win and that no one will ever beat Jason Garfield.

So thats why! tongue

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Damn and there was me thinking jugglers just threw stuff up into the air and caught it again. Silly old me!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
no, no, and furthermore no. We drink tea, smoke spliffs, and...erm... umm..... thats about it really...

shrug

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
ubblol

I heard Gatto turned up to the WJF - no real point asking if anyone can confirm this since no-one who goes to the WJF would possibly read or post on this forum! I hope he beats Jason's arse - although i doubt he'd be competing. All that malarky stopped years ago smile

BTW Pre, is there any indication on the poll (note, the correct spelling in the context) of which categories of juggling we were voting on - balls, rings or clubs, intermediate or advanced etc?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: UnbeatenChampionOfFighting

no, no, and furthermore no. We drink tea, smoke spliffs, and...erm... umm..... thats about it really...

shrug

Damn thats where I'm going wrong I don't smoke spliffs. No wonder I'm just a 3 ball hack juggler with no talent ubblol

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
You should be in a circus or something... wink

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
ubblol I will go to the Job Centre first thing on Monday morning and ask them if they have any vacancies for a hack juggler that has her own clown costume with water squirting flower on the lapel biggrin

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

ubblol

I heard Gatto turned up to the WJF - no real point asking if anyone can confirm this since no-one who goes to the WJF would possibly read or post on this forum! I hope he beats Jason's arse - although i doubt he'd be competing. All that malarky stopped years ago smile

BTW Pre, is there any indication on the poll (note, the correct spelling in the context) of which categories of juggling we were voting on - balls, rings or clubs, intermediate or advanced etc?

I did read that anthony gatto was formally invited to compete at the WJF championships. I am not sure whether he as turned down the offer or not. I dont understand why he wouldn't compete because I think if he's so great why not prove that you are. I dont know if anyone is familiar with steve prefontaine but he formally invited the finnish national track team to compeat at the university of oregon against the Oregon track club in may of 1975. Lasse Viren who had one the 5,000 and 10,000 meters in the 72' game claimed to have a pulled hamstring. Although It was obvious that he was afraid to lose to Prefontaine and turned down the invitation knowing that head to head he would probably lose to Prefontaine.and as the story goes "Pre"fontaine ended up getting in a car crash that night which took his life. Considered to be one of the most influencial distance runners of the 20th century.

In my opinion gattos afraid if he so good why not prove that he is where everyone can see him. no affence to the IJA but they dont broadcast thier competitions so there not as well known as the WJF. so why not prove you're better. In my opinion once again "its hard to slay a dragon in its own back yard" taken from the movie pre a quote by bill bowerman Gatto is afraid to lose so who doesn't want to compete

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Gatto stopped competing in competitions after he won the coveted Golden Clown Boot (i think that's its' name) - the highest award for juggling at the time. That was about ten years ago if not more. As I understand it he doesn't compete since he's done all that already, and when he finished there was nothing left for him to compete in. He's so bloody good he could probably walk into WJF (as per his WJF 7b video) and win gold no worries. He concentrates on his live performances (the ones he gets paid for) now and IMHO that's fair enough.

I think Gatto did the right thing in Gatto Vs. Garfield debate - stay quiet and just release a kick-arse video.

P.S. Last IJA Gatto competed in that I've seen video footage of, he got the following records:
8 club flash
7 clubs 1min 13 secs
8 rings 1min 19 secs (or so)
7 rings 5 min 20 secs
7 balls 3 mins 49secs
and probably a few more that i don't know about. They were in 1989.

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: pre

to quote myself if you dont think that they can be beaten vote for the best chance for second place

ubblol @ myself for not reading.

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
curious of the outcome of tonights competition I wonder if they'll put them up on the website doubtful but I wana see the results. if anyone can give any results post them here. the competitons start at 8:00PM in las vegas so if anyone sees the competiton results post em I would greatly appreciate it.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I know them all. Jason withdrew from the competitions and Thomas Dietz won all the comps so far. Serious comps start tonight. I think Jason was either
scared of losing
or
scared of being called biased since he created the competitions, created the rules, and chose the judges,
or
didn't have enought time to compete since he's organising the convention.

Take your pick (BTW above is plagiarised from an excellent forum)

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Why? What's the point?

exactly my opinion on the matter. Why do so many people on these forums seem to waste their valuable practice (or whatever they do) time on turning a beautiful, entertaining art form (which is what this website is all about(?)) into horrible sporty competitions?

I think it's great that we can compete like we do at conventions (the games which most jugglers are aware of biggrin ), with chill-ness and funness, but I don't see the point in the WJF.

This whole debate of who is best is just getting worn thin. It's now just a case of who can do the best research to find the best records made by different jugglers in order to prove that they are the best. Personally, I reckon that all those amazing jugglers setting those records, don't really care about being the best, but more so about completing personal challenges (the same reason, I'm sure, a lot of you juggle).

Jake the Juggler

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
*yawn*

i predict none of the routines exhibited at the wjf will come even close to the performance that gatto and kremo will put on in monte carlo next month.

i just wish i could afford to go...

i like the quote "its hard to slay a dragon in its own back yard" - gatto works in vegas all year round so i think you're right, garfield or anyone else would find it doubly hard to beat gatto in his own back yard tongue

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

*yawn*

i predict none of the routines exhibited at the wjf will come even close to the performance that gatto and kremo will put on in monte carlo next month.

i just wish i could afford to go...

i like the quote "its hard to slay a dragon in its own back yard" - gatto works in vegas all year round so i think you're right, garfield or anyone else would find it doubly hard to beat gatto in his own back yard tongue

cole. x

Kremo... who's that then?

Anyway, I hear Vova won the 7club endurance competition; chances of that happening if Gatto competed? Slim.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
kris kremo - someone that fits perfectly into pre's definition of a 'hack circus juggler' yet is also someone that most other jugglers and performers might cite as one of the best three object manipulators and performing juggers alive today.

kris kremo

juggle

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
it appears that it is so as well as it appears that he is not using high techinical 3 ball skill either.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
*puts head in hands*

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
I do admit gatto is quite an endurance juggler the only edge vova might has over gatto is that he juggles clubs 90% of the time. although I am giving him credit for the balls video which he put out.

Clubs:

1. Vova Galchenko - 8.9

2. Thomas Dietz - 7.4

3. Wes Peden - 6.1

4. Toby Walker - 5.8

5. Takashi Kikyo - 5.6

6. Chris Chiappini - 4.3

Passing:

1. David Nager and Vova Galchenko - 11.7

2. Takashi and Atsushi Kikyo - 5.6

3. Heather and Darren Marriot - 3.5

Olga got second in intermediate clubs (beaten by Dave Nager).

Vova won

1) 3 club 3 up 360s with 37 pirouettes,

2) 5 club 5 up 360s with 19 pirouettes in a row and a 5 up 720 at the end,

3) Endurance with 7 clubs,

4) 3 club 3 up 720s with 17 double pirouettes.

And he lost the 5 club moves. Thomas won it.

insaninty dave&vova got 11.7 points 1.7bonus points plus a 10.0
EDITED_BY: pre1236 (1135031022)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: pre1236

I do admit gatto is quite an endurance juggler

That's very kind of you. Vova is nowhere near gatto regarding endurance. Gatto is the dogs [censored] as the say for endurance - 3 minutes with 7 clubs, 10 minutes with 7 balls, and a SOLID 9 ball cascade.

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
is this the geeky jugglers fanclub thread?

Look I can juggler toooooo: juggle

why do we feel the need to constantly educate pre on the fact that gatto is the best technical juggler in the world? Y'all got something against ignorance? wink

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
hey I do realize he is a good juggler although there is plenty of things he can't do which others can do

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
True. He can't do my 3b 531 mills mess/machine variation wink

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
no truely difficult tricks or not so difficult like the scissor 4 or 6 clubs a jason garfield trick . Im not saying the 531 mills mess isn't hard but I'm not a big fan of the mills mess. or three club reverse backcrosses not sure who was the first to do this trick. a 2stage 1080 or a 720 for that matter. or a simple thing like catching 4 clubs in his left hand he does the goofy tuck 3 under the arm and catch the 4th one. or catch 5 balls in one hand without having it fall between his hand and his body, or throw 6 rings from one hand without holding the 6th ring between his knees or using a ring holding device thingy. he hasn't done is anything with 11 balls he can juggle but he can't finish the job with numbers.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I get the feeling Gatto can do a lot more than his videos suggest.

Written by: Pre

or a simple thing like catching 4 clubs in his left hand

You must show me this simple feat sometime.

Written by: Pre

he hasn't done is anything with 11 balls he can juggle but he can't finish the job with numbers

Yeah, maybe. mmmm finishing the job with numbers eh? Peter Bone is the one juggler in the world that can then, since he's the only one who's been able to flash 13 balls. Gatto can't possibly be called a decent club numbers juggler - he isn't even going for 9 clubs like other jugglers such as Toby Walker. [end]

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: pre1236 (about kris kremo)

it appears that it is so as well as it appears that he is not using high techinical 3 ball skill either.

3 cigar box quadruple pirouette.

yeah, that's just the regular easy sh!t that everyone does innit smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: pre

no truely difficult tricks or not so difficult like the scissor 4 or 6 clubs a jason garfield trick . Im not saying the 531 mills mess isn't hard but I'm not a big fan of the mills mess. or three club reverse backcrosses not sure who was the first to do this trick. a 2stage 1080 or a 720 for that matter. or a simple thing like catching 4 clubs in his left hand he does the goofy tuck 3 under the arm and catch the 4th one. or catch 5 balls in one hand without having it fall between his hand and his body, or throw 6 rings from one hand without holding the 6th ring between his knees or using a ring holding device thingy. he hasn't done is anything with 11 balls he can juggle but he can't finish the job with numbers.

*shakes head in amazement*

pre - exactly how do you know gatto can't do any of this stuff?

i'd bet a lot of money that gatto can do 4c scissors - just cos you haven't seen him do it on a video, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

i think you'd do well to recognise the difference between 'what someone has been videoed doing' and 'what they can do' - i can do lots of tricks but i only have about three of them on video shrug

do you remember for example when garfield made that video last year called 'things gatto can't do'?

do you remember the videos that gatto released shortly after doing every one of the tricks he apparently couldn't do?

and lastly, i like the contradiction that these two phrases make when sat next to each other:

"no truely difficult tricks" - 7 club 7up pirouette

ubblol juggle ubblol

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: