Forums > Social Chat > i had this spinner be rudde to me at Ren Fair

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Hello my people..

i was at Ren Fair and i saw the people spinning the Zuni's. So of course i went over there to spin and intermingle with what i would assume to be fire spinning types.

Well i went up to this one guy and asked him to help me with my BTB weave. (i saw him do it) and for those of you that know me well, this damn move has elluded me for about 2 years. At first he was blowing me off, acting like i didnt know what i was talking about. then he showed me a little bit of set up, then he asked me where i learned to sin. i told him i learned at raves and parties and just practicing at home...

he says....

"yeah, it looks that way"... in the rudest tone.

If i had about 4 more beers in me, i would have wrapped those fuc$ing zunis around his head and tied him to the near-by execution stand. Anyway i had to get that ut of my system.

Luv yoose guys...

peace love and Superfriends

Super..

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
That's pretty rude! He was out of line.... was there any females nearby? When a guy is being a cock like that, I usually look around to see if I can spot the chick he's trying to impress.

so bloody primal sometimes. Have we not evolved?! Are we not above our basic urge to breed, protect and survive?

(sorry, my mini-rant was completely way outta left field there. sorry!)

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
That sucks Supes!

The good thing about this is that this sort of person seems to be the exception rather than the rule. And he missed out on spinning with you and learning some stuff off you too.

so now, whereas you WILL find someone thatwillhelp you out with the BTB weave (or it will just happen sometime soon), He will never have the chance to learn what you could have offered.

I do a lot of tuition work, with staffs, balloons juggling and unicycling, and I have to say, virtually everyone I teach teaches me something new too.

Lets all just be thankful that there are a lot less guys like that than guys like you, Super...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by flash fire:
He was out of line.... was there any females nearby?
Or coversaly, any cute guys? ya never know...

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
What an asshole! I feel sorry for people with a lack of social skills, their lives must be so shallow.

I am in the same boat as you with that damn BTB weave. I learned it then got my nose broken and am still so scared of hitting myself in the nose I always mess it up.

I miss your particular brand of humour round here Supes.

Are we nearly there yet?

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
Thats a bit harsh! i've from not had much hostility from peeps who spin really, although i span at a party once and someone on the sidelines was all "i bet he cant do this, that or the other"... thankfully i shut him up cos i could do everything he said, but then that dont make a good spinner if u aint got not flow...

Hmm, most peeps r real nice tho

Havoc

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey Sup,
I got something that will make you laugh... remember when you posted the "if you want to be my friend please send me $10"? Well, on a whim I sent you the $10. I guess you didn't get it and I totally forgot about it but at least know that there are people sending love and sillyness to you as well. It's just being robbed by postal workers.

Or maybe that wasn't a real address you posted anyway...

Don't dwell on the player haters, you've got enough wonderful people out there who love you very much (from what I hear)...

Shine on

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
You gotta watch out for those ren fare types......

Jesus helps me trick people.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yeah, right! gee, a rude person at renfest. surprise surprise. gee, a rude, overdramatic, stuck up theater person. wow. okay i'm kidding before anybody kills me. or am i?

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
hey NYC...i got 10 bucks from N* and the Martian too. I havent checked my mail in 3 weeks...hee hee i live in an apartment and its like 3oo yards away i am soooo lazy. ill look when i get home. Anyone that did send me 10 dollars im going to buy them something with it and send it back to them with the reciept. i still have N8's on my dresser. you guys rock! Be warned it could be anything...with in 10 bukcs..

yeah screw that guy...im a great person to know..his loss.

Super'fly

- Mark Twain

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Ah pity da foo' who don't wanna kno' you, Supes.

Come over to my place I'll see if I can help you out.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hey Superbrother
Who is that arsehole let me take care of him for insulting my bro
Will teach you BTB and anythingyou want and do plan on lighting up with you as well... NEXT WEEK can you beleive it ??????

cannot wait to hug you brother

Much love
shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Cass my dear, you'd better get that boy twirlin' something flaming, be it poi, chickens or avacados covered in rubber cement!

Hugs to the two of you. Jealous that I can't make a Cass-hug sandwich with ya sup...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
*Smacks forehead*
DREW! YAY!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Superman:
i still have N8's on my dresser. you guys rock!
Heh heh, I always wondered if you got that or not.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And who gave you the address in the first place N8?

Or am I way of base and you never even saw the PM isended you?

Meh

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
Superman
I have a ren fair story you will love then
and better yet it happened to this cocky spinner guy working there maybe it was your bud
wouldnt this just be karma at its finest
so let me start at the beginning I am a bullwhip perfomer have been for many years so I do this Mid evil type Indana Jones costume up every year.and strap a couple of 6 ft bullwhips to my side.and cruse around the ren fair looking for maidans in need a of stiff whipping as I am doing my scearch I see this Poi act this guy is doing some nice moves so i hung around after the show to tell him of our meet on the beach were we spin fire after hearing how great he is at poi
and everything else in life he askes me if he can use one of my whips claiming he knows all about bullwhips and just figuring I might learn something new and said yes.. well just the way he grabed the whip I knew he was cluess about whip handling so I offered him some help which after he looked at the blonde to his right he very quickly declined (this is the good part)
so he throws the whip up in the air and it cracked like a bolt of lighting right across his right cheek leaving this nice red and blue mark but wait it gets better I offered help again and again it was declined he throws the whip up in the air and woooooosssshhhhhhhhh
but no crack just a scream of pain the popper (that is the very tip of the whip that makes the cracking sound by breaking the sound bearier aprox 750 mph)
hangs up in his earring ( can you say ouch ) yanking it right out of his ear it was a classic example of the idiot mind at work..
he quickly handed me my whip back after that
and asked very nicley for to me show him something which I did then wished him a nice day and went back to my search

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay, First, lay off the Rennies! Not all Ren Performers are assholes (ahem, me!). Many yes, but I know vast amounts more that are amazing and sweet. I will also say that it does get annoying having people come up all the time going, "I can do that too!" in what sounds like an in your face challenge, even when it is not meant to be. I just hand them a set of comets and let them go. They humiliate themselves or they prove me wrong. Either way, we have a laugh. I think that is how it should be handled, especially since if they were set up there it meant they were trying to sell them. That is no way to sell anything, not an act and certainly not merchandise.

Second, you said the magic word Super, Zuni's. I have yet to meet someone affiliated with that company who is not an asshole. And I assure you, you get far better training in your backyard than Zuni gives it's spinners initially.

Which faire did you go to? Sounds like a TRF story to me.

I like the bullwhip story. I know very little about them (still learning) but the one thing I have learned is to not fuck around with them that much because they hurt!

I am sorry you had that experience Superlove, but please don't judge us all by that one asshole!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
i'm gonna echo Pele's voice on the " lay off the ren faire performers " topic...

i am constanly amazed when i hear of performers that are rude in public... ( i mean i can be very rude but NEVER when i perform ) it's like walking into a store and having the clerk sneer at you when you ask for advice or help .. ( this has happened to me on occasion ) remember that many performers at renfairs are hired and paid .. so if they really step outta line .. find out if they are invited performers and if they are . complain to their bosses ...

on the flip side

when we perform the flaming sword fight, it is common for people to come up and make the old " that don't look so tuff" line, i usually smile and nod ... if they push the point i show them my arm ( with all the hair burn off ) , or let them hold the sword ( it's heavier than a baseball bat) or ask them to help me take off my armour ( about 30 lbs of leather ) .. at that point i think they realize that it's not as easy at it looks ... but generally people are great asking where i learned to fight , and all the other questions .. including the " so what accidents have you seen"

what we ( all ) do , is pretty amazing , and thats without lighting the stuff on fire. add to that the difficulty of dealing with large crowds, and trying to make sure everyone walks away feeling a little better than when they walked up.... it can be tough! and exhausting!!
but it always feels good to have someone walk up and say "WOW!".

hmmmm

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
that is hilarious. Watching someone that thinks they know what they are doing pop them selves in the facr with a bull whip with all their cockiness..

I worked Ren Fair 2 times and had a blast. Much memories at the camp grounds after hours. I love REN-FOLK. This guy was just an ass-hole. I brought it up cause 99% of the time i have never had a person at Re Fair be any more than plesantly annoying. I love it. Havnet missed one in 16 yrs. Story wasnt ment to bash the Mid-Evil Trekkies. Point is i was asking for help, i want to learn to spin more natural, which i feel that i beggining too.

if anything he made me want to get the move down so next year i ask him again. Personally he looked like a goat humper. Im cool with it.

nothing but love to ya Pele..and im appy to see you are doing well.

Hey sis im counting the days!

Super dookie

- Mark Twain

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
But Pele I'd humiliate myself if you passed me a pair of comets too.

I perfected a new poi move today though. It's called smacking the heck out of the backs of my legs.

I believe poi spinners call it the BTB weave. ..

Ok go back to your seats now children.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hey that was nearly on topic n everything. I'm getting better at this

Meh

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:

i hate to say it but my innate rennie-ness is branded on my bones, it's a curse on my family from olden tymes. but i'll never admit it.

riz, great bullwhip story! i do them too, and have had the same thing happen to me . never quite as dramatic (ouch!) as yours, though, usu. more like an arm flailing session, a nice solid pop in the back, and immediately, a twisted, sour face, and the grunted-out question, "uhhh, yeah, will you show me?"

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.