Forums > Help! > What's up with the search engine?

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm having trouble finding things via the search engine. I've been looking up things that I know I said (and actually found) but the search engine keeps coming up with 'No Matches'

For example, if I search Brit ney (but leave out the space) which I said in the "Why start threads" thread... under my name (NYC) it says "No Matches".

I've been trying to find other things I've said and sometimes it finds them and sometimes it doesn't.

confused

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I've never found the search to be any good at all (I don't think it searches sticky titles for example).

You can use google in the normal way and just add site:homeofpoi.com after the search, but that wont for posts made in the last few weeks I guess.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm having the same problem NYC. I've been looking for a thread I started on Narrow boats a few weeks ago because I need a link that was posted in it. (my 'puter has wiped out my bookmarks) I can't find it anywhere. I was beginning to think it had been deleted but maybe it's just the search engine isn't finding it.

On the subject of deleting threads would it be a hassle if the mod that deletes a thread sends a PM to the threads originator to let them know it's deleted with maybe a stock message. Maybe the message could say why it was deleted, not in detail but something like "abusive language used in thread caused its deletion" or "non PG content caused the deletion". It's kind of annoying when the thread you started gets a whole load of off topic rubbish posted into it and it gets deleted when you aren't around and you don't know where it's gone or why.

Sorry that was a bit off topic.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Seems to work great now. Thanks. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]