Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Stone Circle Full Moon Fire & Drums (Monthly)

Login/Join to Participate

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
I decided to make a new event for this just so people actually notice it - but you can also find exactly the same info in [Old link]

Since ive moved to Brisbane I will not be updating this again - however for more info regarding dates - check out the new Stone Circle Blog at www.stonecircle.info

peace out, Ed.

Stone Circle Fire & Drums. weavesmiley

Date: Friday - closest to the full moon.

Time: Starting time after 9:30pm

Location: The Stone Circle is on the cliff point just south of Bondi Beach (between Bondi Beach and Tamarama Beach). If standing on Bondi beach looking south towards Bronte you will see a cliff - the circle is on the edge of it, protruding over the ocean. You will see a big park up there (Marks Park) - its where you see people flying kites during the day.

Directions: To get there by public transport the 380 bus from Bondi Junction is the easiest way - get off on Fletcher St (one stop after the stop on Denham St, when bus turns off Bondi Rd) and walk to the end of Fletcher street (in the same direction as the bus was going) until you reach Marks Lane and Marks Park and walk across the park towards the ocean - you'll see the circle when you reach the other side of the park.

If walking from Bondi Beach, walk south up Campbell Parade and then turn left into Sandridge Rd and then take the first left into Fletcher St and you'll get to the park. If you're adventurous take the walkway that goes along the cliffs from Bondi Beach, that starts behind Bondi Icebergs. If you dont know where that is, probably best to follow the road...

If youre driving - or just want to see a map in general go to www.whereis.com.au type 'Marks Lane' for street, and 'Tamarama' for suburb, and you'll see exactly where you need to go.

Who Turns Up: random spinners & drummers

what to bring: drums/percussion, firesticks/pois, warm clothes (it can get pretty windy up there), beer etc, candles/lanterns (if you've got some handy) and friends.

Vibe: an interesting mix of hippy spinner/drummer and eastern suburbs trendiness - can either be a somewhat chilled night that ends at midnight, or a very fun crazy dancy time that goes till the early hours of the morning.

Cheerio!

Ed hug ubbrollsmile

EDITED_BY: Dentrassi (1170309720)

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
Nicely done Ed.
This is definately my fav sydney meet, the drums make it so dam cool.
Will see ya there tomoz night, but ill be getting there late'ish cause i got a bbq thingy with some mates earlier.

Can't wait, this ones ON the full moon. Should be good.

d-eyeGOLD Member
60 posts

Posted:
Hope you don't get visited by any of the idiots that have been playing up in Sydney of late.

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
well, they can always chase away the angry mob with flaming pitch forks smile

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
should be fine - most of the chaos has been down further south.

E.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Next one this Friday - dont think i can make it myself cos ill be at someone elses bday drinks, but have fun all.

E ubbrollsmile

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
Swish!
I may be there pending work/training/girlfriend
hope i do.
andi i hope the rain lets off.

infinaftanewbie
8 posts

Posted:

thanks for the post, Dentrassi!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
BUMP!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
BUMP! Next one confirmed this Friday.

E ubbrollsmile

infinaftanewbie
8 posts

Posted:

correction:

thread title says :, 19/2/2006

the correct date is , Friday 17/2/2006

thats tonight!

wink

Also, there is another drumming circle on Sunday 19/2/2006, 3pm-6pm at the skateboard ramp in South Bondi

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
BUMP! should be on again next friday. Last time was wicked - best ive ever been to!

E ubbrollsmile

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
all confirmed for tomorrow night!

E.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Bump! next one this Friday!

Cant be there cos im away at Confest - so have fun!

Last time I was there at 9 and no-one really turned up till 10pm.

E ubbrollsmile

infinaftanewbie
8 posts

Posted:
The starting time in the mailouts has been put back to 9:30pm as people don't tend to come earlier than that.

see yas there

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
bump - see first post!

enjoymionewbie
4 posts

Posted:
hey dude, is this community still active? smile i moved to sydney about 9 months ago, and i've been dying to spin with other people, but being the FOB that i am, i don't know where to go, nor do all these suburbian folk! i currently live near blacktown, but i'd gladly go all the way to bondi if it's still active! smile

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
yup its still going. ill rummage around and find the email address of the organiser and pm you.

BandanaDaveGOLD Member
21 posts

Posted:
Heya Ed, Could you PM me the e-mail address of the organiser as well, or a site or something, I am very interested in doing it, sounds a load of fun.

Thanks Mate,
David

Many Smiles,
David

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
*bump*

first post updated with a link to a new blog by the organisers of this event so you can keep track of when its on.

cheers,
ed.

infinaftanewbie
8 posts

Posted:
Hi,

the subject of the thread has the date of the next one as 14/4/2007 - it is actually on tomorrow night, 02/02/2007!

as Ed said, check the new site for details:

https://www.stonecircle.info