Forums > Social Chat > I got hit by a car AGAIN!

Login/Join to Participate

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
JESUS W. H. CHRIST! What is wrong with the drivers around here????

Yes, I am just fine, thanks. But I'm afraid that my guardian angel might go on strike! Twice in less than a week!

Exact same driveway, almost identical situation, different driver. I was walking this time, instead of biking, and a car pulled up to mouth of the driveway and stopped before the sidewalk. I thought I saw him look at me, so I walked in front of him (about a meter in front of him). And...yup...you guessed it. He accelerated smack into me. As I saw it happening, there was this instant of clarity and it occurred to me that rather than run, I should jump onto the hood of the car, because it's better to be on top of the car than vice-versa. My feet cleared the ground just as he hit me and I belly-slammed onto his hood.

He screeched to a halt and I slid off the front of the hood and landed on my feet (I swear, spinning poi has made me more agile). He was furious at the fact that I had jumped on his car until I said "LOOK! I don't go running around looking for cars that would be fun to jump on! You drove into me, understand!?" The idiot was completely clueless and had thought that I was some idiot kid who had come running out of nowhere to jump on his hood for the sheer unadulterated hell of it.

So I got his business card just in case some injury should show up later (not that I think it will) and called the police to ask if I should file a report. They said that if there was no dispute and if there was nobody injured, and if the car wasn't damaged, then a report wasn't necessary unless I wanted to file charges. Seeing as how I was running late for school, I chose not to call a cop to give him a ticket (he's lucky he hit someone who's as relaxed as I am).

From now on, I am not crossing that driveway when there's a driver there. Bad karma.

I hate Ann Arbor. Nobody knows how to drive here!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Be careful Mike you must mind the cars!!!!

We want you to stay with us for a while so be careful and check twice before you step onto the road!

I hope all is well and you are doing good besides the scare.

Love and BIG massive hugs,
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Scare? What scare, Drome? This is becoming routine!

I should have jumped harder so as to dent his hood. I'm getting good at this hand-to-hand combat with cars thing...

Maybe I'm starting a new trend, you know, the next fad after spinning fire starts to get boring?

-Mike

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You should get a tank. Make your journey safer for one thing. And you can park almost any where.

Meh

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Mike honey, that's crazy!

You're gonna have to wear a bubble-wrap track suit!

Well, i'm really glad that you, again, weren't hurt...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I dont know if you guys have it but you should remember your "Green Cross Code"
Stop
Look
Listen
Cross.
We have nice little hedgehogs reminding us our green cross code on TV!

Take Care
Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
We don't have that here, Pink, but somehow I've managed to survive a quarter of a century without getting hit by any cars until last week...

I don't think my street crossing skills are the problem.

Now idiot drivers on cell phones?

-Mike

Liquid Popmember
62 posts

Posted:
man you are lucky, and about starting that new fad, i knew a guy who was a whin shun master, about 25, he thought he wanted to jump a car coming at him at 30 km/h, so he got his friend to drive at him, vidio camera of course by another friend on the side walk, he planed to jump kick off the hood step on the roof and land on the ground, well he f@#$ed himself up pretty bad, but then he got out of the hospital and did it again about a week later. he made it this time though, kinda hard core i think.

well maybe your ready for the next level

the pop

if practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, then why practice?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Mike, man I am sorry but I see this as funny. Not that you keep getting hit by a car but just the whole situation. There is definatly a lesson to be learned here.

Perhaps a responsible thing to do would be contact the person who owns that driveway and tell them that there is a problem with the visibility around their driveway.

Ofcourse like the woman who sued McDonalds over the hot coffee thing hehe tell them that if you get hit by a car again that there could be leagle action taken against them.

You would be suprised what you can accomplish with the threat of a lawsuit.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

FoxFiremember
90 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGinny:
We don't have that here, Pink, but somehow I've managed to survive a quarter of a century without getting hit by any cars until last week...

Since ya have survived for so long w/o getting hit, I guess things are just catching up and coming all at once! Hopefully it's over with, now.

Deuteronomy 31:6
John 15:9
Luke 6:22

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Oh my lord Mike...
Im gonna lend one of my Angels to help watch over you for the next couple of weeks ok?
Her name is Bethany... she'll give you loads of warm fuzzy protection....
Be safe my friend.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ray, Normally I'd agree, but the driveway is not especially tough. I can't very well hold the landlord responsible for the fact that his tenants are idiots who talk on the phone while driving and hit pedestrians right in front of them. I mean, you don't get much more visible than right in front of someone, right?

Liquid, I think I'll stick to learning new poi moves, thanks much!

FoxFire, Amen. 'Nuff said.

Valura, my swim coach's name is Bethany. Should I tell her that she just got promoted to be my guardian angel? (She has a one-year-old son, so she kind of has her hands full...)

Hugz, all of you!

-Mike

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
What's a guy got to do to find a decent hit man these days! Next time I'm driving the dang car myself...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
face it NYC, if you want to take out a Mad Doctor in training, you have to pay more.

Have you been wearing car-attracting magnets in your pants again Mike?

Glad to know you are safe, and please avoid cars and stay that way

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
NYC your just looking in the wrong places. All this time you could have just PMed me, I would have done it for free!!

DOH!! that was meant for PM!!

[ 20. November 2002, 17:48: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
Mike, I think its time for you to get rid of your 'bulls eye' t-shirt.

Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

FoxFiremember
90 posts

Posted:
*pulls "please run over me" sign off the back of Mike's shirt*

Alright, who did that?

Deuteronomy 31:6
John 15:9
Luke 6:22

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
fireyfiend,

Wow...THAT must be the problem!

(You're the second friend who's made that joke today )

-Mike

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I started a fad unknowingly. If you watch the new missy elliot music video, she has funky pants where one leg is a pant leg and the other is a leg from shorts. I was wearing my zip off pants like that in Gr 9. Then other people started doing it, so I stopped. Now look, its made it to the big leagues Oh, and sorry to hear about the faulty driver. Next time take the f**ker to court and get rich. You may wannna make sure you like break a bone or sumfing, you'll get more money that way

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Wow Mike, that's amazing luck

Hope you're ok.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
damn, MikeGinny, really sorry to hear it, (you & Malcolm past few days, both)!

with all my love,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Valura, last night I told my coach Bethany that she had been made my guardian angel by you. Then I sliced my finger on the bulkhead in the pool. When I got out of the water to ask for a bandaid, she said "Oops, I guess I'm not doing my job."

(My finger is fine...it will be healed in a few days. I just took off the outer layer of skin)

-Mike

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
doctors eh?

Meh

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
A few years ago my kid was out on his bike.
A woman ran intohim, trashed his bike and sent him flying through the air smashing her windscreen, roof etc. on the way.
There was loads of fuss, police, ambulances, everything.
Turned out he was ok, only cuts and bruises. Her car wasn't thoughso she tried to sue him!
Bitch, she could have killed him

Mind you, he didn't have no brakes and he literally shot out os nowhere in frot of her.
Bloody kids, dont get me started...

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I know two people who got hit by a car on the same day! My brother, who was drunk anyway and my boyfriends mother who wasnt drunk. Theyre both ok though. My brother whined for ages though kind of self inflicted though if you cant walk in a straight line on the pavement...

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
oh yeh lianne forgot to tell u, mum got off the boat in portugal and broke her arm eeek!! well only found out like an hour ago so didnt forget to tell u, anyway back to subject of thread, our singing hedgehogs are great on tv telling us about road saftey, they're lil song, "stop! and play it cool, then you'll be.....King of the road, dum de dum dum"

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well, I haven't been hit since. Especially since I now never walk across that driveway because it's further from school than I am.

I moved... Not to avoid cars, though.

-Mike

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Will, your mother has a death wish!!! How did she break her arm! And if you ever sing that 'king of the road' song again in public with me i WILL kick you in the shins. Nicely though and ill probably kiss it better anyway.... god you've made me so utterly pathetic darling. Ha ha ha