Page: ...
pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
answer to me personally I think people confuse the two and think everyone who juggles is either training to be in the circus looking for a job in the circus or is in the circus someone asked me that this summer I turned and walked away my highschool senior project is going to educate people on juggling circuses skill and those who prefore acts based upon minimal skill even if the audiance is one of them and I hope that they will obtain knowledge and appreciation for true technical juggling and not bnch all juggling into the same difficulty level as one bozo the clown

(jason said alot of this I must give him credit for most of what is written here)

EDITED_BY: pre1236 (1134272677)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

hex is a professional juggler.. and a damn fine arguer in person(when you can stop him from juggling)

ubblol

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
hug

No i don't work in a gas station. Are you a drummer?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
No wait, are you still in Pre-school? ubblol ubblol

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ignoring all counter arguments that are presented, restating your point in progressively less clear terms and resorting to personal or grammatical insults do not suggest good debating skills - they point to exactly the opposite.

maybe your teacher suggested that you join the debate team so that you could learn to argue in a rational manner rather than your current preferred method of "ignore everyone and re-state my point until someone agrees with me"?

i think i've spent enough time here and i don't feel i'm being constructive any more so good luck to you pre.

beyond this discussion, i can tell that you are very much into juggling and i wish you all the best with it smile

have you ever tried poi...? wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

maybe your teacher suggested that you join the debate team so that you could learn to argue in a rational manner rather than your current preferred method of "ignore everyone and re-state my point until someone agrees with me"?

That’s just what I was going to say – thanks Coleman. And, Pre, I’m afraid I really fail to see how throwing really rather unpleasant and snobbish insults at other board members is going to encourage anyone to agree with you.

I’m starting to find this thread and Pre’s attitude to those who disagree with him quite offensive, so I think I’m going to walk away from it now. I like this board being a friendly space where people can express different opinions without being peppered with ungrammatical and poorly-spelt insults, and I don’t like the idea of that being tainted. It's a shame, because I think this could have been a very interesting debate.

Hope the juggling goes well, Pre.

to live at all is miracle enough

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
ditto

Happy Juggling smile

See you in the happy threads wink

Jake the Juggler

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
clap clap

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
awww i was enjoying that

this thred has been keeping me amused for ages now

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
ditto

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Damn did it end?

Written by: Pre

arguing is my middle name next to fire

So it's Pre Arguing Fire Onetwothreesix then is it? Mind if I call you PAFO?

Meh

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
no its not one-two-three-six its twelve thirtysix

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
But your middle names are Fire Arguing?
rolleyes

Meh

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
or arguing fire? biggrin

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Is it Mark 12:36? -
Written by: some beardie bloke

David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared:
" 'The Lord said to my Lord:"Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet."

Meh

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:

"

clap clap

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: ef_en_ae

or arguing fire? biggrin

ubblol ubblol ubblol [stops laughing to type] ubblol ubblol ubblol

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

Is it Mark 12:36? -

David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared:
" 'The Lord said to my Lord:"Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet."

yess do alittle research on steve prefontaine or watch the movie "without limits" IM not sure if this movie si available in europe though.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ooh homework smile Will there be an exam?

Meh

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
no dont be a retard Im just telling you where the 12:36 come from and thats 12 minutes 36 seconds

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Y'know, there are better ways to respond to someone cracking a joke than calling them a retard.

Actually making it clear what the 12 36 meant to start with would have helped, especially since you already know that it's rather difficult for cantus to get hold of the video you took your obscure numbers from.
EDITED_BY: TheBovrilMonkey (1135297243)

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Now, now Bov. You never know, it may actually be a term of endearment wink

Meh

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
HAHAHAHAHA

I love the thread!

cantus has turned up like a rook on a battlefeild, pucking the tenderst bits from the still twitching corpses....

I live in tuechter (red neck) land, and im always asked 'are you going to be in the circus' or similar. and yeah, its a pain in the ass when your practicing and you get someone asking "can you do this? can you do that?"

so yeah, wouldent it be great if everyone stopped doing that right now.

but then, thease peaple arnt jugglers, and one guy just told me "your only the second juggler ive met in real life!" (this guy is not young!

its kinda sweet really.

and if they were all at least hobyist jugglers then id have a much harder time making money from it.

and here is my second point. (what?cantus askes, there was a first?)

Hack Acts.

I really liked the artical on jasons site too. it made me laugh, he knows what he is talking about.

however as you have pointed out, peaple see things in diffrent ways. (as in other peaple see juggling = circus, but you dont) and I see that artical as a joke, like all good humor its got truth, like all humor its not serious.

I cant help but feel you see it as a blueprint for respect.

I care not about respect, I am a clown. I have no need for such foolish contrivences.

(btw, please now make some perception adustments of your own, clown is not circus, clowning is not juggling, circus is not juggling and clowns and elephants, for future refrence, juggling - the art of object manipulation, clowning - the art of sub-semantic comunication (i made that up, but clown is hard to jualify, in fact...) circus - a big show, which contains many forms of art and performance)

lemme see if i can parphrase you. tell me if im wrong.

your position is that unless a juggler can perform more than 5 balls/clubs ext then he shouldent perform, because 'hack' jugglers promote the idea that all juggling of 'normal' standard is ment for perfomance.

this has gotta be it right? I mean, your not coming at things from the professional angle are you? your a hobbyst, and you want peaple to stop asking if you are in the circus...

so if your a 'hack' juggler, you shouldent get any respect.

i think this is what your saying, tho as others have pointed out its not terribly clear, more like a general malevolent tendacy than an formed opinion. (this i guess is why we asked if your an american male teenager, which you havent answered yet)

in responce to your general position, i will set a challenge.

1: get a crowd
2: keep the crowd
3: finnish with a finalie that involves juggling in some way
4: get the crowd to give you enough money to live on.

this is a very hard callenge, and will teach you something about hack juggling, about public perception and about the usefullness of personal flexibility. i.e. rather than reacting against the perception of jugglers, you can use that perception to make easy money!

and this is the easy way, your rules would be...

1:get a crowd whilst juggling technically
2:keep the crowd through 30 mins of technical juggling
3:finnish on a feat of superhuman skill
4:get them to pay you for doing it.
you may not use anyone elses hat lines, physical jokes or any props other than rings clubs and balls.

i use sooo many stolen jokes, routeens, tricks, music. everyone does, if i do come up with stuff it gets stolen, and i take it as a compliment.

its considered rude to steal someones costume idea, or thier makeup, but other wise on you go.

I do fire clubs on a rolla bolla, yes, fire clubs, and only three of them.

I *AM* of l33t level with fire props of various kinds, but i dont perform with them, because you juggling skill has nothing to do with how good your show is.

so, I AM a hack juggler, unworthy of respect, but i dont work in no gas station, i work for 1-3 hours, whenever i want and can make more in 20 mins than a pump attendent makes all week.

so, your respect, I care not for thease foolish contrivences....

there are other, non hack jugglers, who make strange shows with perspex tubes and stuff, but they are rarely funny. biggrin

basically, you may not like hack jugglers, but us hack jugglers feel nothing but contempt for angst-ridden idol-worshipping no-nothing (geddit?) internet trolls who thik they are some big man cos they can juggle and like playing with petrol (WTF???) and need to beat on somethjing as being bad so they can feel in the right!

like i said, i love this thread, flame wars (even one sided ones) are good fun. and you deserved all the flaming your getting, punk.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
there are 103 gramatical errors in the above post, can you spot them all?

answers on a postcard to:

pedantic anglo-centric conservative petrol pumpers
in the middle of sheep
wong-wonka
/dev/null/

T wave

-><- Kallisti

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
NX? you have no life to go through a post and count 103 grammatical errors. and i'm not all about using only high technical skill of juggling to perform. I also enjoy laughing having someone like jason garfield who brings people up on stage and kinda makes fun of them in a nice way. and I never said using less than 5 clubs was a hack act I said 3 or less and less tahn 5 balls.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: Nx?

cantus has turned up like a rook on a battlefeild, pucking the tenderst bits from the still twitching corpses....

Now you and I both know you only say stuff like that to get yourself quoted in my sig wink

Written by: Nx? a bit later on

and here is my second point. (what?cantus askes, there was a first?)

Hold on, are you implying that I'm actually reading this? You know I just scan for my name....
rolleyes
hug

Meh

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
man, you are such a dumb-ass.

I should find a more worthy target.

tell us, once, how old are you?

T wave
EDITED_BY: [Nx?] (1135590355)

-><- Kallisti

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
[Nx?]I don't think I've ever seen you perform. I desperately want to now biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ohh god no, its terrible, really corny!

some nice contact in it tho... tongue

im gonna have a video out sometime in the new year...

its been too long.

thanks skulls biggrin

T wave

-><- Kallisti

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'll look forward to the vid then.

Oh and what's wrong with Corny? Corny has it's place in the art of entertainment just like everything else does ubblol hug2

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
*feeds skull chocolate*

-><- Kallisti

Page: ...