Page: ...
pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
answer to me personally I think people confuse the two and think everyone who juggles is either training to be in the circus looking for a job in the circus or is in the circus someone asked me that this summer I turned and walked away my highschool senior project is going to educate people on juggling circuses skill and those who prefore acts based upon minimal skill even if the audiance is one of them and I hope that they will obtain knowledge and appreciation for true technical juggling and not bnch all juggling into the same difficulty level as one bozo the clown

(jason said alot of this I must give him credit for most of what is written here)

EDITED_BY: pre1236 (1134272677)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ubblol

ahhh, young pre...

this is for you:
Non-Https Image Link

i suggest you either start making a valid contribution yourself or stop complaning sir.

at the very least, you could at least try and make a contribution to some of the threads on the site that you didn't start or how about getting to know some of the people here a little better by writing an intro thread and telling us about yourself...?

watching you try to retain total ownership and ultimate control over the only two threads you have an interest in is getting to be tiring, especially when you deign to dictate what we may and may nopt post about.

imho, you're lucky this thread is still getting posted in at all - the original topic is long past dead.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
A question that's just leapt into my head..

Pre - say that you were practising somewhere public one day. After a while, someone approaches and says that they've been watching you for the last hour, are very impressed and would like to offer you a job juggling in their circus.
What would you say?

Would you turn it down flat, because it's a circus, or would you see it as a chance to be paid to juggle while also trying to increasing the public's exposure to technical (non-hack rolleyes ) juggling?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
common now bov, thats very nearly on topic!

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Circus rocks. What's the problem?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
clap clap clap

-><- Kallisti

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Circus rocks. What's the problem?

i think its mainly them raging hormones causing an overflow of angst... wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
A summary;

- Pre reckons that people who juggle in circi are hacks and are generally rubbish as they rely on methods other than technical skill to hold a crowd.

Also, that the general public don't know anything about good juggling and are happy if people eat an apple while juggling.

- Lots of other people disagree with most of that.

- Pre's grammar and spelling need a bit of work.

- Pre can juggle clubs better than I can.

- Michael Moschen's costume choice is often traumatising.

- Pre's a large fan of Jason Garfield, but not a fan of Cantus' or UCOF's sense of humour, or links with images.

- Cantus would very much like to adopt Pre.

Have I missed anything important?

edit.. [Nx?] is a hack smile
EDITED_BY: TheBovrilMonkey (1144423978)

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Im a hack

-><- Kallisti

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
 Written by: [Nx?

]
lol,

john is very funny - if you have a sence of humor.

well done for getting a bit of punctuation into your post before this tho, even if it is the wrong mark.

and I recon youll find this aint a fashist board, peaple can post what they like.

like this.

T wave

once again your making tell people to correct their puctuation why not correct your spelling and then talk about puncuation

oh yes and what does "tho" mean

I went on to dictionary.com

I found one entry which actually was a word and not shortened for something else

here it is

tho

n : a branch of the Tai languages [syn: Tho]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

when you can spell words moderately correct than you can talk punctuation, but until then keep the punctuation stuff to yourself.

dont talk about

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

A question that's just leapt into my head..

Pre - say that you were practising somewhere public one day. After a while, someone approaches and says that they've been watching you for the last hour, are very impressed and would like to offer you a job juggling in their circus.
What would you say?

Would you turn it down flat, because it's a circus, or would you see it as a chance to be paid to juggle while also trying to increasing the public's exposure to technical (non-hack rolleyes ) juggling?

Okay sorry about the double posting but i feel that this is necissary so here we go

Yes I would turn them down as an individual I like to express myself as an individual. Therefore I would rather make less money working for myself as and IPJ
(Independant Preforming Juggler) that work in a circus being know as "that guy I saw juggling in the circus" I'd rather make less money and be known as by my name
I'd rather have people say " I saw this guy Dwight Kennedy (not my real name) preform at a juggling show he was amazing"

and also I believe in a show that has high technical juggling skill yet with some comedy mixed in.

So yes I'd rather see Jason Garfield Juggle than Anthony Gatto.

Gatto's a better juggler yet I'd rather see something thats funny and has some spice to it, besides just the straight out technical juggling. I always find Audiance interactions funny to watch.

someone could correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know ,it seems as if Anthony Just comes out on stage Juggles does his thing and then leaves but I could be wrong.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Pre... judging by this recent photo, would you not say Jason Garfield has.. well.. let himself go a bit?..

Non-Https Image Link

Or does he usually look like that and he shoots his videos from a better angle? umm

Oh.. and by the way, we have passed your details onto the FBI as you are now a suspected terrorist.

Written by: Pre

war

Sorry. shrug

wink

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UraniumChipOxidationFacility

Pre... judging by this recent photo, would you not say Jason Garfield has.. well.. let himself go a bit?..

Non-Https Image Link

Or does he usually look like that and he shoots his videos from a better angle? umm

wink

ubblol

mcp?

Willy - is bad for your health...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
No... wink

Jason Garfield must surely be running DR-DOS.

He dunno f.a about computers Im sure wink

oh..and you dont need to quote me Lemonkey, we know who you are replying to wink hug2

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UraniumChipOxidationFacility

Oh.. and by the way, we have passed your details onto the FBI as you are now a suspected terrorist.
 Written by: Pre

war

Sorry. shrug

wink

what is this a threat, I think so
you're not very funny at all
i don't quite think you've
understood that so
i''m saying it again now so you can here

even hypothetically and as jokes threatenning popel is not at all funny and mis-quoting me is called libel and that would be known as a what i forget what its called a CRIME so a suggestion from me personally don't miss quote me and type whatever you wan't about the word umm now you realize what your doing wink

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pre

miss quote me and type whatever you wan't

Ok

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:

what is this a threat, I think so
you're not very funny at all
i don't quite think you've
understood that so
i''m saying it again now so you can here

pre-haiku ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Pre, are you drunk?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

I like dressing up as a nun.

Also, I pick my nose when no-one's looking.

eek That's a disgusting habit.

wink tongue

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:

just because i'm a great juggler doesnt mean I have any personality, sense of humour or literacy skills.
Adolescence rocks!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

Yes I would turn them down as an individual I like to express myself as an individual. Therefore I would rather make less money working for myself as and IPJ
(Independant Preforming Juggler) that work in a circus being know as "that guy I saw juggling in the circus" I'd rather make less money and be known as by my name
I'd rather have people say " I saw this guy Dwight Kennedy (not my real name) preform at a juggling show he was amazing"

That's a fair answer, I suppose that getting your name in lights goes a fair way to getting you repeat shows. And the fame, if you can get it, probably doesn't hurt too much either.

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:
Garfield rocks even if he has let himself go a little,

mark

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
LOL Leaning!

I love you guys.

awwwwww ubblove

T wave

-><- Kallisti

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
come on guys...
is it worth it?
umm

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
humm, i dunno if thats the question here...

idle hands and all that.

comon, this has got to be one of the most sucessfull threads in other toys, 10 pages!

T wave

-><- Kallisti

*robyn*BRONZE Member
111 posts

Posted:
ucof, bovril...you were so right, this thread is quite amusing.

my state of mind creates my world

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Yep, this thread is amusing. ubblol I can't believe Pre is still here screwing around talking about circuses and juggling on a poi site :counfused:

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Now if this thread doesn't give teenagers everywhere a bad name, I dunno what does.

wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
thier perants?

T just shwavewavet me.

-><- Kallisti

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
Me thinks this thread is rather funny.
I love circuses. The showmanship is amazing. I’ll go down to six flags and watch a couple of shows. Cirque de soliel is just awe inspiring to watch. Do not be down on balloon sculpturers. I am actually decent at that. And my aunt is a registered clown (iow-each registered clown has a unique face that no one else is supposed use in professional performances) and she is a fantastic juggler. I don’t believe she does clubs though. Then, again it’s been awhile. She is starting to get older. I think late 50’s. She does stilts and balloons too. She used to do some party magic for the kids in parades and stuff like that.
Reiterations: It takes hard work and dedication to be a skilled juggler, but it is a horse of a different color to be a good performer. Not everyone has what it takes. Not everyone has the ability to connect with the audience and engage them.
Think about classes. You have a teacher who knows his stuff but is a bore. Then, you have a teacher who may not have gone to the best colleges, but he still knows the subject and makes it fun. That teacher is going to engage his students more and get them excited about the subject. It is similar with performing.
When you find someone who is skilled and connects, you have a real gem of a performer and a show that will knock your socks off.
Being a performer is hard work too. These people do show after show. Much of it is choreographed. Like a play, only so much more going on behind the scenes. When was the last time you had an elephant or tiger waiting in the wings. One of the major things you have to learn is improve to interest the audience. Things go wrong on stage and you never know what it will be or when.
As for juggling being associated with circuses. When I tell people I used ride horses, one of the first things they do is ask if I jumped. It is lack of education and you can’t be mad at them for that. They don’t know what they don’t know.
I wouldn’t mind spending some time in a middle level circus.

So there is my two cents

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
clap clap clap

although i think thats a bit to measured and rational a responce for this stage in the thread wink

T wave

-><- Kallisti

Page: ...