Page: ......
pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
answer to me personally I think people confuse the two and think everyone who juggles is either training to be in the circus looking for a job in the circus or is in the circus someone asked me that this summer I turned and walked away my highschool senior project is going to educate people on juggling circuses skill and those who prefore acts based upon minimal skill even if the audiance is one of them and I hope that they will obtain knowledge and appreciation for true technical juggling and not bnch all juggling into the same difficulty level as one bozo the clown

(jason said alot of this I must give him credit for most of what is written here)

EDITED_BY: pre1236 (1134272677)

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
you guys are having way to much fun with this.

I was a newb once, all I wanted to be able to do was awe and wow an audience with my technical skills..Kinda an insecurity thing I think, I wanted to show people all this awesome skill I worked so hard to get. Yep thats it, alittle boy wanting to get the props he thought he deserved..all the OOoos and aaahhs in the world would only feed a fevered ego...Ha!

I fell off that wagon. I actually enjoy making people smile and laugh. Even AT me if thats the only thing that'll get the responce I want. probably cos I know I can do really really hard stuff. And make it look yummmy. So acting the fool or clown ain't going to dimmish my skills one bit. Don't get me wrong I am a technique junkie, and there are still monumental challanges waiting for me out there in that realm.

But I love the CHEESE!

Its like Smack...Actually I dunno bout that. I never tried it, sounded funny though.

And hack jugglng is nothing to be ashamed of.....as long as your making more money off it than that technical juggler who can't see the wood from the trees.

Ed- you better be able to get those jaws dropping. And its for certain we rely heavily on illusion...If you can make em think what your doing is practically impossible( or better still- Beautiful) who needs for them to think that its bloody hard in the first place. smile
EDITED_BY: Colin J (1137860942)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Has he gone? Did Will scare him off?

Meh

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by pre

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yay, good work cantus

i totally agree pre, and have you seen him? hes a stud too. I wouldent blame anyone for wanting to sleep with the great jason...

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
mmm if i could understand what he was trying to say...

hug T

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
back onto the original topic, (which believe it or not was not how much of a god jason garfield is), the anniversary of the monte carlo circus festival was just on in monaco.

i wasn't there frown

by all accounts it was one of the best collections of circus performers and acts that our generation is ever likely to see.

i didn't see it but if anyone in germany has a means of recording the show when it airs on zdf, i'll worship you forever smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
boo! I will second the reward for any copies on tape....

tell you who really gets my juices flowing.... gatto.

Hey Pre! are you in the same family as that guy who caused all the arguments on rec.juggling about whos better, gatto or garfield?... humm... two 'g's.... intresting.

and what about gilligan? he's like just as expolsive and entertaining as garfeild, pretty much as good and twice as hansome! (no, really)
Or Toby Walker, gawd man, that juggler kicks ASS. And Dietz too, i definatly prefer him to Garfield....

yes, two more sleeps til the scottish juggling convention... :P

T wave

-><- Kallisti

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
no I just made one or two comments in one of the siteswap threads and i made a thread on a particular song

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

Sorry to be the one to inform you but Jason Garfield is a cock, a sore loser who only set up the WJF so he could win something (didn't he only get silver in a recent IJA championship?).

to inform all you people who think that the WJF was created so that jason garfield could win something than you are wrong unfprtuantely he created the WJF so that He couldn't just walk in and win.

If jason created it for that purpose than don't you think he would have won all 12 of the competitons he competed in.click herefor proof of him stating this. read right below the WJF logo

instead of only winning 3 he won one endurance, one advanced and one 360's sorry to inform you but here you can look on his site if you don't believe me.

And this year he decided to judge instead of compete i don't know why i'll see if i can find out though.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Do we have to go through this again? *sigh*

None of these guys are Michael Moschen, So I don't see what the fuss is about... wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
in the same way that Pre is OWD, I also believe that he is similarly Jason Garfield and Antony Gatto at the same time.

Oooooh Pre: Have you seen the Olga and Vova video with the picture of Garfield in spandex?
umm How can you respect a man who actively decides to wear a skin tight costume... for juggling of all things, let alone Ballet. rolleyes

Sounds to me like someone needs to come out of the wardrobe...
umm.. closet. shrug wink

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
I'd rather not but i have seen many of the galchenko's videos from their website.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I have seen over three of them.

*is proud*

wink

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Written by: Leaning_Towards_Corruption

Do we have to go through this again? *sigh*

None of these guys are Michael Moschen, So I don't see what the fuss is about... wink

I respect people for their juggling ablilities not what they where as i said I wouldn't watch that video but you have to admit that doesn't make garfield any worse of a juggler.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"that video"

Which video?

confused

The V&O one?
Or Mr Moschen's traumatising contact ball video? umm

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
semi naked juggling is always traumatising.

in motion my ass, or at least his wasn't.

ubbangel

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Says the girl who cant stop showing the world her belly wink

Love is the law.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
its to distract us from the dodgy planes... :P

nahh, its just cos she dont like long t-shirts, innit hum?

T wave

-><- Kallisti

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
okay off the topic of spandex I cringe hearing the word

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
hey pre, which clubs did you get? Getting into club juggling now?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
No I've been juggling clubs for a little while where I haven't juggled very long but the amount I practice(+,- 25 hours a week) makes up for only really juggling serious for alittle less since about marchish 05'. I began rings about april I began clubs. Out of the 3 i'm probably best at balls but I still enjoy all props because they all have their own uniqueness. rings you have the pancake throw, clubs body throw, and balls are the most versitile so I can bring them to school and practice in the hour before Indoor track.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Pre.. I suggest you drop the juggling clubs and start practising telling people what type of club you have.
Or reading wink

Or.

Hex just needs to read HOP [Old link]
(you may need to scroll up)

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Written by: UraniumChipOxidationFacility

Pre.. I suggest you drop the juggling clubs and start practising telling people what type of club you have.
Or reading wink

Or.

Hex just needs to read HOP [Old link]
(you may need to scroll up)

???... not really sure what you mean, but if you could re word this post so that I know what your saying

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well,

Written by: Hexagonic

hey pre, which clubs did you get? Getting into club juggling now?

Now, like this thread [Old link] , either your eyes have neglected to inform your brain that it needs to answer a question or that question will keep being asked; or, you just missed the question totally.

The question in question is "PRE- What type of juggling clubs did you get?". It took over 3 different people asking about 5 different times before you sheepishly said: "their beard euros" as if we were going to all start laughing at you.

Which will are not.

I got cheap clubs as Im particularly cack handed when it comes to club juggling and I knew they would be geting dropped lots.

Why would I want to spend loads of money on somethign I know is likely to get broken as Im not good enough for them.

So I was simply saying, I suggest you put down your juggling clubs for a while, and start telling random strangers on the street that you own a Beard Euro juggling club.

You seem to need the practice at telling people wink

Clearer now? shrug

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
And also If People aren't so hidden about what their trying to say instead of coming straight out and saying

"what type of beards" instead of trying to make an intellegent sounding post.

Its better to sound dumb and make sense.

Than it is to sound intelegent and confuse people.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: ado-p

Says the girl who cant stop showing the world her belly wink

luckily contact staff isn't juggling. tongue

Doesn't OWD already have clubs? confused wink

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
""what type of beards"" eek

Your clubs are made by Beard.
They make different types of juggling club.
Seeing as all different juggling club models have their own advantages and disadvantatges, we wanted to know the exact type of club you have purchased.

Hence, "what type of beards" is a totally viable question in the sence that "type" is replaced with "model" (""what model of beards").
I could have even chosen the word "what style of beards" leading to the oppurtunity to make even more facial hair jokes.

hug2 smile

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
UCOF - yeah, some poeple go to work all day, I avoid work all day and PAY for my internet usage. Asking a friendly question rather than going into Tech Dis seemed more appropriate. I too had beard euros once, they lasted me two whole years! smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
what? you managed to break em?

T wave

-><- Kallisti

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
yeah, they were the ones i had in Portugal...they finally died before i came out to Italy. I broke one long before that, trying to learn triple singles i got annoyed and chucked one as far as i could throw. It came back in two pieces frown

I'm all for albatross now smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Page: ......