Page:
SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
I dont know if anyone has watched Space Cadets on C4 (i was quite reluctant coz it looks so cruel)
Anyway, while watching, getting more annoyed by the second not believing that this was right, i suddenly came up with a thought!

What if the joke was on the viewer and that everyone in it were actors? Like the big hair guy (who apparently isnt one of the actors) looks just like the guy in one of the give blood ads, im not sure.

I mean, you look at what theyre doing and if it were real, totally unaware people, when they find out, wouldnt it be psycologically damaging? and why would the russians send 5ish normal people into space, some of which are queasy and dont even know the order of the planets????!!!!

Just a thought;)

sunny
I jumped into the river, what did i see?
Black-eyed angels swam with me. wink

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I'm sure someone phoned in to Radio 1 this morning, saying the same thing.

It wasn't you was it!?

That would be weird!

I have to say, having watched the first show the other night, I'd not have let any of them near a microwave, let alone any kind of spacecraft! ubblol

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
no twasnt me, but im glad im not the onlyone thats thinking of it!

sunny

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
someone phoned into the satellite show with that theory too.

I watched the first one and won't be watching anymore, its just big brother in a different setting.

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
ive only watched the 1st one but got so irritated i wont be watching the rest, but the more i think about it more likely it could be. cant wait to find out if its true though! hehehe!

sunny

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:star:.

someone phoned into the satellite show with that theory too.

I watched the first one and won't be watching anymore, its just big brother in a different setting.

lol you could say anything in an enclosed set is the same.

Yeah there all actors who on earth is going to be fooled into thinking anyone other than actuall astromaughts will get to go in space, the most dangerouse and expensive, difficult place to get to in the universe. Anyone over the age of 12 would just about grasp this concept. Have you seen the advert? It gives it away really when that woman says

'I didnt think it would be this difficult really', half of them are out of shape anway arnt they?

Im not gonna watch it it looks abit daft to be honest.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"it looks abit daft to be honest. "

Did you see the people on it? umm
They are much dafter.

I think I will be watching it, as I dont want to think the joke is on me, and not on them wink

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

who on earth is going to be fooled into thinking anyone other than actuall astromaughts will get to go in space.

There have been lots of people, 'space tourists' who get to go into space for vast amounts of money and aren't astronaughts.

It's a strange concept, though im a huge non-fan of reality tv shows so i wont be watching it. I'd rather watch QI ubblove

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

thelostSILVER Member
mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
355 posts

Posted:
QI's hilarious tongue

poor Alan Davies... biggrin

*sorry, off topic*

It's better to burn out than to fade away

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
meh, doesnt matter, everyone seems to have the same idea about the show biggrin
Lovin QI, especially when Bill Bailey guests! Love his stand-ups, especially part troll..................hehe......................now i cant get it out of my head!
*rolls on the floor laughing*

sunny

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Notmally a hater of reality TV... but Space Cadets is brilliant! I laugh so hard at it.

Its a brilliant concept, and I cant wait to see the looks on their faces when they realise its a phay hoax biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
thing is, with the right techniques ppl will believe anything - they hand picked the easily fooled people after rigourous tests for this.

Now here comes my rant - how the hell do you simulate a launch, i mean, you tip everyone backwards and jiggle the simulator? what about G forces - are they gonna spin them round and round and round to do this?

I remember the scene in armageddon when they're all walking in a group (was it armageddon? lol) are they gonna have a cardboard cut-out of a rocket or something???

I cant really remember if they explained it or not as I was particularly stoned that evening ubblol

you gotta love how easily duped those people are though, I mean, talk about wannabes hehehe makes me larff muchly!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
More than likely it'll be a "shuttle" type rather than a rocket - ie it would take off like a plane and keep going. Jiggle the simulator in the right way and it should be fine.

I'll admit i've not seen it so I can't really comment

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
yeah its takes off horizontally
and theyve been told that they wont experiance the no gravity thing, and the excuse was the biggest lie ever!
omg and the monkey!!!!! argh
ok ive watched most of it so far even though i said i wouldnt! redface

sunny

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
It is quite hilarious in parts - like the girl who got stupidly angry when one guy drew a penis on her revision notes! :chuckle:

Willy - is bad for your health...

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
*a letter arrives through there door*

MUM! MUM! (couse I suspect there living with there parents still) im goig into space!

Actors actors actors! lol this will be like blair witch, you mark my words. I have spoken *disapears in a poof of smoke*

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SunnySammySILVER Member
Watching the Sky
453 posts

Posted:
ubblol

what if my theory was right thought
im absalutly certain now, id be slouching on the sofa going..........
"well well, what did i say eh!........................EH! didnt i tel yal? blah blah!" *before someone comes up behind me and hits me with a bat!*

sunny

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

Actors actors actors! lol this will be like blair witch, you mark my words. I have spoken *disapears in a poof of smoke*

like blair witch? what do you mean?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Well if you watch it at the begining it says how this tape was found in the woods or something, so your supposed to think it was real, wich is why they did it so low budget. Then after it got released they told the stars to stay hidden from the public so people actually thought these people where dead and the blair witch is real.

Some people apparently did think that it was real too. (lol I dont know why)

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i hate it!!!! jonny vaughn is a plank!!!!

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
Stop watching tele you guys and get practising! smile

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
I watched the first episode and thought straight away: Nah, they're all into it. But then again, there are some really stupid people out there.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
who me? dunno wat you mean...

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
I think i'll just watch the last one to see the funny and quite evil bit...
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Written by: TinklePants

how the hell do you simulate a launch...?

Written by: Tinklepants

...with the right techniques ppl will believe anything...

Has anyone been to Disneyland Florida? They have something called "Mission Space" or something where you get put into a simulator where you're spun round to simulate high Gs. I don't imagine it would be difficult to design a real looking replica and do the same thing. Not sure how the illusion could be maintained though... for days... Dumb people I guess.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
ok, so I've been watching this, thinking it's rather hilarious up until now (I believe the hoax is genuine. er, hang on that doesn't make sense, um, I believe the joke is on the participants and not us..)
I saw the "live launch" one tonight, and all their excited/scared faces- I mean, one guys pupils were huge, he musta been bricking it. I thought, they really are totally believing this, and then I thought how they might feel when they find out at the end that it wasnt real.
I spose it's a bit like a film with a massive twist at the end- then your head has to try to re-adjust the way you thought summat happened (u get me?) I just thought, if it was me I would be devastated- not because of the space bit I couldn't care less aboot that, but I'd feel like I'd lost 3 weeks of my life.....

Not that it wud be me tho, I would have failed the suggestion tests at the beginning.

Has anyone else been watching it? did you see that thing about the moth?? ubblol

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
I think that there's real potential for genuine mental distress for the people who've been tricked, when they find out at the end; especially bearing in mind that it's been a fairly long-term thing, over several days.

It'll be interesting if some of them explore the possibility of legal action against the producers.

IMO, following that will be considerably more interesting than watching the actual program smile

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Several days? Mate they've been there for 3 weeks!

Paul is becoming a bit of a celebrity round here tho (Bristol- his home town natch) and one of his mates reckons he'll think it's hilarious and love the attention..we shall have to wait and see...

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: onewheeldave

I think that there's real potential for genuine mental distress for the people who've been tricked, when they find out at the end; especially bearing in mind that it's been a fairly long-term thing, over several days.

It'll be interesting if some of them explore the possibility of legal action against the producers.

IMO, following that will be considerably more interesting than watching the actual program smile

They're all getting paid £5,000 after the show so that'll shut them up! ubblol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
*wanders in singing* " i'm the urban space man baby, i got all you need"

i think this show is the bigges load of poo since Z list celebrity love island.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
£5000 for each day in orbit i think...

its amusing how often they seem to state how hard it all is to believe, that they spot tonnes of things to suggest that what is happening isn't real but dismiss them all because they want to believe.

i think if there is any leagl action threatened afterwards, they won't be much harder to handle than the contestants on 'theres something about miriam' were.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: