Forums > Videos > Ry's Adventures (new vid! 30/04/2006)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
[updated 30/04/2006]

New addition, a Petey video at moon fest! Enjoy. biggrin

[updated 06/042006]

So a bit overdue- you know how fiddly editing gets- but it's finally live. Had a bit of a spin a few hours ago, spent the whole night awake, and here you have it. Fun with Poi 4! Hope it's watchable. DivX encoded btw- you may have to visit www.divx.com ubbangel

Thanks everyone for your support, crits, randomness, and cruel cruel insults. Well haven't got any cruel cruel insults yet, but mm.. it's so much less shocking when you're waiting for it ubblol

Alrighty. Here we go. Most recent to least All poi, other than the Unfringed piece.. which is all Kyle cool

Bit late, but pineapple pete does a jacket escape at the 1st moonfest of 2006, while .:* Moon Pixie *:. cameos with firefans.

New! pineapple pete jacket escape (.:* Moon Pixie *:. guest appearance) (right click, 'Save Target As' 8.72mb) New! biggrin

A rainy spin in West End, new, and what an all-nighter spits out in the morning. May include a couple of butterfly hyperloops, and one butterfly hyperpoop. ubblol

New! Ry - Fun with Poi v.IV 05/04/2006 (right click, 'Save Target As' 33.5mb) New!

Kyle McLean talks about street performers.. a short doco piece done for a uni unit. Btw, I did something stupid with the aspect ratio when exporting.. perspective may look a bit odd if your player can't change it. Will have to do for now sorry..

Unfringed (right click, 'Save Target As' 41.6mb)

A cruisy burn in the park round the corner- was mainly to test whether fisherman pants are good to spin in- which I discovered they are:

Ry - Fun with Poi v.III 26/11/2005 (right click, 'Save Target As' 34.6mb)

A spaceage carpark adventure with socks- I don't mind the footage myself, but I wish I did this spin on fire not socks.. this was my 6 month milestone biggrin:

Ry - Fun with Socks 11/08/2005 (right click, 'Save Target As')

Where it all began- first video ever, marking 3 months of progress. God it's embarassing. Good music though. ubblol

Ry - Fun with Poi 30/04/2005 (right click, 'Save Target As')

Catch up soon! hug

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
like it a lot mate, very smooth stylings and i like yer trousers. smile

nice tune too. *round of applause*

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey Ry, cheers for the latest installment dude, I loved the setting was perfect.... will take another look before I comment more

keep up the good work, you have reminded me I need to get on with some video editing. . .

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Yeah for Ry,

that last video was brilliant. Nice, real nice poi

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Mags: Thanks dude! Was a fun spin (if not for the narrow path causing me to nearly fall into the river on several occasions.. ubblol). Purple fisherman pants- comfy as too! biggrin

Matt: Glad you liked it. I thought the setting was pretty cool too- not the best ambient lighting, but we were there a bit late. I really liked how the cars in the background provided a bit of constant movement.. Didn't plan on it, but I noticed it during editing. smile Looking forward to your detailed crit wink!

Fuero: Hi! Thanks very much. I'm happy it was watchable biggrin.. btw- loved your vids with Mot and marco. Truly enjoyable watching! beerchug

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Nice vid Ry!

I'm starting to feel inadequate, so I'd best get practising before I come over!

smile

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
I love all your vids, but that last one is really sweet... biggrin

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblove

sweet tune and sweeet vid Ry clap

Your are certanly one to watch out for in this world of poi smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Dave: Inadequate? ubblol ubblol Surely not.. ubbangel

Mot: Thanks lots sir! Glad you enjoyed it- funny, I'd say that exact same comment to you too.. biggrin

strugz: mmm.. like that tune too. Next vid's going to have another track by them too smile. Happy you enjoyed it, and thanks for the compliment muchly!

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Ry that was divine. I really enjoyed that especially when you really got into your flow towards the end. And Kudos to you for managing to stay in shot.

Nicely filmed video and the spinning was a joy to watch.

hug

Gayle.....!

c42fSILVER Member
23 posts

Posted:
I just checked out your latest vid, You've got some elegant moves there Ry ... wonderful smooth flow as usual smile The city lights in the background are great too.

ElzibellesSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
I just watched the first vid and its stunning. I think you should enter it in COL.

I also like your fishermans trousers and have exactly the same ones! smile

The world is a park. Go play in it. x x x

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Gayle: Thanks! About staying in shot ubblol- came quite close to going out of shot a couple times.. nearly fell into the river just behind me at least twice.. ubblol

Chris: Cheers mate! Big compliment coming from you- have yet to learn your under the leg weaves and stuff- smoothest I've ever seen (eek) smile

Els: Would love to have a COL entry.. maybe not that spin though. Wish I could use that music in COL though.. Glad you liked it! Btw, purple fisheman trousers?? cool!

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove

wow Ry... amazing...

I'm gonna watch it through (like a million times)... will try and come back with some comments... but at the moment just wow wow wow... love it

take care
hug

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Thanks Nat! hug Glad you liked it, waiting eagerly for the crit! biggrin Also waiting for your vid.. wink

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Bit late, but pineapple pete does a jacket escape at the 1st moonfest of 2006, while .:* Moon Pixie *:. cameos with firefans.
New! pineapple pete jacket escape (.:* Moon Pixie *:. guest appearance) (right click, 'Save Target As' 8.72mb) New! biggrin

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i love you ry!

ive been forgetting to get that off you for months, literally.

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
loved the vid man.... made me realise that i really need to get around to making a vid myself... and well that under the leg tutorial vid may well have to be transfered to live workshop at commonground.... i think im taking one... cos fitting all that stuff in in ine vid wold make it looooong (walking fwds+bwks+on the spot in butterfly(both directions) and same direction spinning. double under the leg walking in butterfly, btb double under the leg from weave.... ahh i cant think of more now...) and i have no idea about hosting... you said something about free host?

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it would have been spymac.net- they used to offer 1gb of storage to the public for free, but soon after I mentioned it to Pete and he signed up, they stopped offering free space.. bit of a drag. Depending how big your vid is, I may have space to host it for you- just let me know.

Glad you enjoyed the vid.. looking forward to butterfly under the leg vids! bounce bounce2

awakenSILVER Member
The Evil Pixie (apparently)
716 posts

Posted:
Hey gorgeous...

Yr one of my favorites to watch.

By the way the pineapple pete vid wouldnt download. Could be just me.. but it said something about ... oh drat I forget.. hehe

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

Ry: I can't hear you. I'm listening to The Spice Girls.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Heya.. Thanks muchly hug

Just checked the Pete link and it seems to be working- maybe spymac was down at the time.. try again?

awakenSILVER Member
The Evil Pixie (apparently)
716 posts

Posted:
ke ke ke ubblove

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

Ry: I can't hear you. I'm listening to The Spice Girls.

Page: