Page:
pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
tell us

6balls,5rings,4clubs

for 3 and 4 12 catches counts as juggled

for 5 and above twice the number of catches as objects

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
4 clubs, 6 balls, 5 rings.

Rings are tricky.

Willy - is bad for your health...

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
tricky but because they are thin i find them easier to do in even numbers than balls ii only have 5 rings but i find 4 rings easier because they dont need to be thrown as far outside as balls do

1,019 posts

Posted:
Four rings feels nice to juggle, I can run them for a while, but five, I can barely manage a juggle on most occasions, although I managed approx 15 catches once... tongue Constitutes a juggle!

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
6 rings juggled
5 clubs juggled
7 balls (and bouncy balls) juggled
8 balls flashed (sorry ticked wrong box)

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

1,019 posts

Posted:
I vote there should be a box for those of us who have passed largish numbers...

I've managed a 7club two count for a fair few catches!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
does passing 7 clubs really count as numbers passing?

surely that's only the equivalent of 3.5 clubs each (which i admit, would probably be harder than 4 clubs wink).

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

1,019 posts

Posted:
Don't get cocky...

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
dont be dumb A and theres no such thing as 3.5 clubs and there is really know equivlent from 1and 2count passing and solo club juggling I consider 4or more clubs numbers 5 or more for rings and balls juggle 5 is soo much better

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
what about juggling 3 clubs and one ball? That's harder than 4 clubs!

ubblol

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
see I am not in the circus my juggling will be on the moon before it is in the circus so I dont bother doing things like that And I believe that objects juggled should be counted only as the same object being juggled so I've never tried it but I would think that 3 clubs +1ball would be easier once I get the hank of it
EDITED_BY: pre1236 (1134308030)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: pre1236

See I am not in the circus, my juggling will be on the moon before it is in the circus, so I don't bother doing things like that.

I believe that objects juggled should be counted only as the same object being juggled so I've never tried it, but I would think that 3 clubs + 1ball would be easier once I get the hang of it.

Think again dude, 3 clubs and one ball is damn hard!

Please don't hate me, but I also thought i would correct all the gramatical errors in your post - compare and see...

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
dude this isn't english class

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Luckily for you. Or you'd get in trouble for not doing your learning proper
tongue

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:

dont be dumb A and theres no such thing as 3.5 clubs

Does the A stand for aardvark?

Surely there is such a thing as 3 clubs? There just isn't such a thing as 0.5 of a club...
Or, are you saying that there are no clubs? Like a sort of zen statement about juggling.

If a juggler drops all his clubs when there's no one around to witness it, do they actually fall?
biggrin ubbrollsmile biggrin

Meh

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

I've got a radical fish that has snapped in half. Does that count as 0.5 of a club?

my numbers (on a good day wink ): 6 balls, 5 clubs, can't remember the last time a juggled rings . . .

Jake the Juggler

pre1236member
33 posts

Posted:
no half a club would be if you sawed the club down the middle you would need to have cut the club in half on most clubs their is a seem on the top. if you cut down that seem that would make 2 halfs of a club. excuse the spelling

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:

Just been looking back on thread - how come you get to change what defines as juggled Pre? ubbrollsmile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
I didn't this is what I've known as qualifying runs you can respectfully correct me instead of just insulting me for being wrong.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I just asked a simple question, stop throwing your toys out the pram little man

Insulting you for being wrong? So you admit that I'm right without even trying to argue your point?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
I believe that in juggling, for x objects, a 'flash' is to throw and catch x times; a 'qualify' is to throw and catch 2x times.

So, for example, with 7 balls, to flash them requires 7 throws and 7 catches; to 'qualify' 7, requires 14 throws and 14 catches.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Written by: onewheeldave

I believe that in juggling, for x objects, a 'flash' is to throw and catch x times; a 'qualify' is to throw and catch 2x times.

So, for example, with 7 balls, to flash them requires 7 throws and 7 catches; to 'qualify' 7, requires 14 throws and 14 catches.

this was cut and pasted directly from TheWJF.com's competition rules if you don't believe me check it for yourself

3 objects: 4 times through the pattern (either as the same move, or in combination with other moves for a total of 4 times through the pattern)

4 objects: 3 times through the pattern (either as the same move, or in combination with other moves for a total of 3 times through the pattern)

5 objects and above: 1 time through the pattern

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Pre - since you seem to love the WJF and only seem to quote their website, their performers etc, please can you tell me, how do American jugglers and the public in general see the WJF?

I'd love to know what all the fuss is about - people over in the UK generally see it as another competition that JG can't win. How do you yanks see it?

[ooops i wrote that one in the wrong thread]

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: pre

this was cut and pasted directly from TheWJF.com's competition rules if you don't believe me check it for yourself

3 objects: 4 times through the pattern (either as the same move, or in combination with other moves for a total of 4 times through the pattern)

4 objects: 3 times through the pattern (either as the same move, or in combination with other moves for a total of 3 times through the pattern)

5 objects and above: 1 time through the pattern

Pre- your origianl post seemed to be talking about how many objects we could juggle

Written by: pre1236 thread title= 'most objects juggled

'

tell us

6balls,5rings,4clubs

for 5 and above twice the number of catches as objects

the WJF rules seem to be talking about what is necessary for specific tricks in a routine to count as successful.

link here-

https://www.thewjf.com/rules.html

Given the standard of WJF competitors, I don't think there's going to be any need to validate 3/4/5 ball numbers attempts smile

As far as I can tell, when qualifying numbers, it's pretty much universally accepted amongst jugglers worldwide, that double the number of objects being juggled is the number of throws necessary.

ie for 3 objects, 6 throws/catches

for 4, 8 throws/catches

for 5, 10 throws/catches

*****EDIT******

I just looked further down the WJF rules page and found this in the endurance section-

Written by: WJF rules page

Endurance Competition

Solo categories include: balls, rings, clubs and ball bouncing

Teams (consisting of two people) categories include: balls, rings, and clubs

Definition of Endurance Juggling:

A qualifying run consists of twice the number of catches as there are objects being juggled. For example, a qualifying run of 8 balls is 16 catches.

Anything less than a qualifying run does not qualify and the competitor does not advance to the next level. For example, a competitor who gets 15 catches of 8 balls as their best attempt does not qualify at 8, nor do they advance to the 9 ball level.

EDITED_BY: onewheeldave (1135307427)

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:

I did follow some of the WJF gatto baiting stuff, and the opinions various jugglers posted.

Amongst jugglers in general, some seemed to rate him (Garfield) as a excellent juggler, some considered him to be arrogant; most seemed to rate Gatto considerably higher in skill than Garfield.

From what I've seen of Garfield, i'd say he's simply one very highly skilled juggler, amongst many others who are equally skilled.

The WJF competition is orientated toward a very specific type of technical juggling, which is fair enough, but, many jugglers prefer other styles, and feel that maybe Garfield is misrepresenting his personal ideas about what constitutes 'good' juggling, as being somehow universal.

I felt that Gatto handled a situation which could have degenerated into pointless hostility, with maturity and skill.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:

As far as I can tell, when qualifying numbers, it's pretty much universally accepted amongst jugglers worldwide, that double the number of objects being juggled is the number of throws necessary.

ie for 3 objects, 6 throws/catches
for 4, 8 throws/catches
for 5, 10 throws/catches

Quite right. And besides numbers starts at 7 and above, and certainly not 3 or 4.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
a qualifying run is generally defined as:

'number of hands' x 'number of objects'

this doesn't make much difference for one juggler but makes a big difference to numbers passing.

here's a nice link to jugglewiki smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:

I did follow some of the WJF gatto baiting stuff, and the opinions various jugglers posted.

Amongst jugglers in general, some seemed to rate him (Garfield) as a excellent juggler, some considered him to be arrogant; most seemed to rate Gatto considerably higher in skill than Garfield.

From what I've seen of Garfield, i'd say he's simply one very highly skilled juggler, amongst many others who are equally skilled.

The WJF competition is orientated toward a very specific type of technical juggling, which is fair enough, but, many jugglers prefer other styles, and feel that maybe Garfield is misrepresenting his personal ideas about what constitutes 'good' juggling, as being somehow universal.

I felt that Gatto handled a situation which could have degenerated into pointless hostility, with maturity and skill.

yes They are both very skilled the only reason people don't like garfield is because he is cocky. I personally like people who are maybe alittle be cocky and outspoken because they are typically funny and more entertaining. I saw the routine garfield put together for the 03' IJA combines technical juggling skill and humor. Another person which I have mentioned is Steve Prefontaine yes this is where pre comes from. He was one of the greatest and certaintly the most influencial distance runner of the 20th century. he was yes a little bit cocky but people loved him he had this sort of atmosphere or carisma is you may call it. Everyone cheered for pre. He was by far the gutsiest runner of track and field. And one who didn't run races to see who was the fastest It wasn't just winning its being better than anyone else. It's your style.

And one who didn't run races to see who was the fastest It wasn't just winning its being better than anyone else

- "pre"

see I enjoy people like Garfield And Pre I like a highly technical show of juggling and I like to be entertained. When I go to watch a track meet I like when races go down to the wire qas did the 72' olympics its not all about skill its about style.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"its not all about skill its about style."

Which quote from Penn Giullette from last years WJF would you like?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
sorry this is going to be a bit offtopic

Written by: pre

He was one of the greatest and certaintly the most influencial distance runner of the 20th century

He was by far the gutsiest runner of track and field

humm frown I think I have to disagree with you hear having been into athletics since quite early on in school life and even achieving some high standards as an “inter boy” I have a bit of an interest in athletics and so forth.

Steve Prefontaine may have held many American records (a record number of American records lol) he was certainly not

“one of the greatest and certainly the most influential distance runner of the 20th century”

just simply a very good runner in America.

He held no world records to my knowledge and was only held in such high regard by Americans he was not a dominating force on the athletic scene of the time. Just a bit of a jack of all trades. wink

One of the only reasons he is remembers so fondly is because he died frown so young if he had continued to run he would have faded into obscurity with so many other talented runners.

Sorry people I know this is all off topic but this kind of hero worship kind of annoys me frown.

Just to elaborate on my point ubbidea

Frankie Fredericks is a top class runner by all standards he has competed in the Olympic and world championships numerous times. He also holds the records for the 60m, 100m , 200m, 400m, and 800m for his country (Namibia).

Yes he is a top athlete bun no he is not one of the most influential athletes of the 20th century.

Back to the juggling chatter of who is better than who??
biggrin

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
I've started a thread in 'social discussion' on the WJF convention vid clips, that addresses some of the issues in this thread; it's here- [Old link]

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Page: