Forums > Help! > URGENT- can any staffers/perfomers in the south east (uk) help me?

Login/Join to Participate

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
I have a huge favour to ask...

I Got a phone call this morning from a Agency who want me to do a nightclub performance as Burnt Toast in Cyprus on Sat 17th December. (Next week!!) Trouble is they want some glow staff as well as the other stuff i'm doing and I haven't got any at the moment.. frown

Sooo... (it's a big favour and i really don't like asking but) I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to lend me any aerotech staff for the night? redface I'm only really looking at good friends and other performers here as there's no way i'd expect anyone else to entrust me with such a valubale toy... and even then i expect there's very few people who would actually part with it/them or not be using it/them themselves that weekend...

...BUT if there's anyone who could and would help please give me a call or PM asap (07867630898) and we can dicuss how many hugs and other things (gig refferals etc..) i could offer in re-payment... ----> hug2

...also anyone with experience of gigs abroad i'd appreciate any advice you might have for me...

thank you for reading and apologies for having to ask... hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
*bump*

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
GLOWSTICKS!

SELLOTAPE!

2+2!

or.... any other LED toy, glowball + sellotape and the end of your staff....

Or get some FHAT glowbugs and squish them all over your stick.

You can do the same with glow in the dark powders, or uv active powders, but it doesn't work soooo good. (plus for the uv active one you need a portable blacklight, and hell those are more than ten pence, so out of my price range.)

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
thanks meg... that was my backup plan as i'm making some uv staff for burnt toast anyway (i have lots of uv paint!). might go for the old glowsticks on hands trick as well after seeing your bristol fire performance... as for portable blacklight, i got me own uv cannon but not planning on hefting it over there! biggrin hug

incidentally can anyone point me in the direction of threads about fire equiptment and air travel? umm

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
in an emergency, rob strugz.

Don't ask much do ya? Probably depends where you're travelling too. In britain, burnt fire toys = no problem. Outside, problem.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
already tried! he's having to borrow kit himself that weekend...

an i'm travelling to Cyprus. on a plane. an i know it's a lot to ask but i've already apologised for that.... tongue

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Where is the performance ?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
cyprus. in a club other than that i don't know yet.

i've just realised the uk bit after the south west as well...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
beeeeeatch, check yo PiMs.
spank

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
kiss thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you mr. UCOF, you're an absolute star lovely uber nice friend!! biggrin bounce

hug hug2 hug hug2 hug hug2 hug hug2 hug hug2 hug hug2 hug hug2 hug

fire toys and planes to sort out now... ubbrollsmile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
My dad has a truck you could borrow if you cant find a plane wink

and actually... if you want fire toys, there be both 2x 1.5m and 2x HOP pixie sticks in teh staff bag im giving you next week.

I suppose it would be easier to just not take them out biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
don't worry about those... i got fire toys an they've already booked my flight... i just need to make sure i'll be allowed to take the fire toys on it! biggrin

honestly... anyone would think i ask the world... rolleyes wink

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Good luck chris.

If you cover your fire props with loads of cling film then they should let you on no trouble. Unless they think you're smuggling i guess, but it's worked every time for people i know.

Knock em dead bad boyeee

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
just wanna say an UBER BIG THANK YOU to jonny an everyone who helped me out or gave me advise/support with this. i ended up having a really good time an despite hassle arranging things to start with, the show itself went really well... thank you!!!

hug hug2 kiss grouphug

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
smile

Who did you fly with?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
helios... sunny