Forums > Social Chat > Why does my Mozilla not show pictures that Internet Explorer does?

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Trying to get the kinks out of my new computer... I know all the cool kids use Mozilla Firefox but I can't seem to see many of the images posted on HoP that I can when I connect on the same puter using Internet Explorer.

WHY?

WUUUUHHHYYYYYYYYYY???!!!

biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
because internet explorer is an unashamed pile of absolute dog and doesn't even hear the words "standards compliant" or "secure". (It's still a shell right?) But unfortunately comes pre-installed on most computers, so most people use it and therefore, website designers have to drive themselves mad to get their webpages to work for it. Often times in this process of self-hatred depression and ultimately dignity suicide they forget about other, 'better' browsers like firefox, opera or safari. (better is not meant here in a fluffie relative way, it's meant as cold hard clinical FACT.)

So sometimes things don't work so good in firefox, because IE broke html. I like to think of IE as microsoft hacking your computer for you, so hackers don't have to bother.

ahhhhh, now I feel better.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Firefox works fine for me...

Only reasoning I can think of is that you might not have got the latest release.

Willy - is bad for your health...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Do a ****ing [Old link] ya slack jawed yokel...

wink

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

because internet explorer is an unashamed pile of absolute dog and doesn't even hear the words "standards compliant" or "secure". (It's still a shell right?) But unfortunately comes pre-installed on most computers, so most people use it and therefore, website designers have to drive themselves mad to get their webpages to work for it. Often times in this process of self-hatred depression and ultimately dignity suicide they forget about other, 'better' browsers like firefox, opera or safari. (better is not meant here in a fluffie relative way, it's meant as cold hard clinical FACT.)

So sometimes things don't work so good in firefox, because IE broke html. I like to think of IE as microsoft hacking your computer for you, so hackers don't have to bother.

ahhhhh, now I feel better.

chiiiiiiiill meeeeeeeeghaaaaan wink

you're 100% right though. Microsoft are pure evil. They actually create exploitable parts of their programs so that they can spy on you.
They call it market research, meh.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I don't know why - I use mozilla and have no problemo...

smile

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Erm looked it up on the mozilla homepage thing a while ago cos my site (see my profile) often doesn't work on mozilla firefox. And, apparently, it's all down to geckos (honestly that's what it says). But it doesn't really tell you why. So maybe get a gecko. Or call an exterminator or something... Other than that I haven't a clue.

Oh one other thing. I had to change my Quicktime settings before mozilla would let me watch shockwave vids etc.

Not really had any issues with viewing HoP on it though. Maybe you're just not looking at it right....have you tried squinting?

wink

Meh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

"www.cantusfraggle.co.uk" target="_blank">my site - (shameless plug) - often doesn't work on mozilla firefox.
wink

oh my gods eek eek

it doesn't work in Mozilla....

(wanders out, wondering what else she's missed in the last year of using Mozilla...)

bugger ubbrollsmile

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Jonny UCoF you are 100% right.

Thanks to you and thanks to Dave (in the thread you linked) I found my problem.

For those in the future... click "Tools" then "Options" "Content" and UNCHECK the "for the originating website only" portion of "Load Images"

Too bad UCoF still smells so badly.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

Erm looked it up on the mozilla homepage thing a while ago cos my site (see my profile) often doesn't work on mozilla firefox. And, apparently, it's all down to geckos (honestly that's what it says). But it doesn't really tell you why. So maybe get a gecko. Or call an exterminator or something... Other than that I haven't a clue.

Oh one other thing. I had to change my Quicktime settings before mozilla would let me watch shockwave vids etc.

Not really had any issues with viewing HoP on it though. Maybe you're just not looking at it right....have you tried squinting?
wink

Geckos are not evil, how can they be evil??! clearly the geckos are part of the healing process, do not exterminate them!! the geckos solve everything.

i had this problem with shockwave too in mozilla, how did you solve it??

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You have to go through your Quicktime settings and allow the shockwave thingummy....

Meh