speaker_boxSILVER Member
15 posts

Posted:
Can i sill spin fire at my houses one is in town and one is in the country if my town is under burn ban. I know it means like no camp fires and no grilling but fire spinnning is an artform and i just wanted to know if any one knows how to handle that type of situation. i go crazy without my daily spinning and most of the time when im spinning for friends or at a party we dont want the cops to come because of me. I tryed talking to the courthouse but they have no clue what im talking about and i explain and they freak out. do i have to have like papers saying i can spin. it's always bothered me.

jeffrey

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
Hey,

Where I live, one automatically needs approval from the firedepartment to spin fire. Even on the beach!!!
I never applied for a fire license though and mostly authorities leave us be. When they complain, we extinguish our toys and we get away with a slap on the wrist. And they only complain when the beachparties get too loud.
Aaahn, the beach.... summer... WAAAAAAAAAA... HOw I miss it.

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde
Jointly owned by FreyaJ, Birgit and Aurinko

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
i would say that fire spinning wouldn't be exempt from the fire ban, even if you argued to authorities that it's an artform. in australia the rules are that you can't have any fire in open air if it's not controlled. because of the nature of fire spinning, even if you are really sensible and safe about it, there is still some chance that it can become out of control. while the bans are on you may just have to settle to spinning without fire frown

here's a couple of links you might find some useful information in, although they're pretty old, you might find them relevant.

[Old link]

[Old link]
EDITED_BY: myco (1133740845)

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Get some LEDs!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson