• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Ok girls! Help please! (Guys, you have been warned)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:Cramps. Period pain. Those terrible terrible pains in your stomach one week a month.

I happen to get them really badly (although strangely didn't get them half as bad when I was travelling as when I'm at home) and I was wondering, what remedies do you have? I hate to just take a paracetemol unless I really, realy have to (but I will take one tonight before going to work), so does anyone have any herbal ideas or foods with certain vitamins or ANYTING!!! The good ol' hot waterbottle only helps so much!

hugs in advance!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

FireByNite
SILVER Member since Dec 2004

FireByNite

Are you up for it??

Total posts: 349
Posted:"herbal"?? the only thing I ever found that helped was the good ol' "maryjane" depends on whether you're into that sort of thing or not. confused
I used to try eating lots of fruit, sometimes worked...
good luck smile

Are you up for it?
wink;)

Delete

Skenasis

Total posts: 5
Posted:I used to get horrible pains too, and I found that raspberry tea used to work nicely.

However, although you obviously only want to use natural remedies or vitamin supplements, I suggest that you go to a doctor and get your oestrogen levels checked, since low oestrogen is also a common cause for nasty periods (that was actually what turned out to be the problem with me).
If that's the case, then you would either have to take oestrogen supplements, or go on the pill, which is what I did.

You may want to consider going on the pill, though, since not only does it take almost completely eradicate the pain (or at least, it did with me), it also helps reduce and normalise blood flow. Besides which, you always know when youre going to get your period, which is also a plus :P

Anyway, if you don't like that option, you can always just try sticking with the raspberry tea. Hope that helps!

I'm looking for people in my area to learn poi with, so if you're in the keilor/taylors lakes/sydenham kinda area of Australia, gimme a buzz on MSN.

Delete

heyahoney
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

heyahoney

Redneck Woman

Total posts: 566
Posted:i just curl up in a ball and dont move for a week, sorry no suggestions

Top Three Things I've Learn While Being A Mom
1. Baby poop comes in many colors.
2. Makes sure all dirty diapers are not accessable to my dog.
3. Burp rags are not big enough.

Delete

SmOf

SmOf

Total posts: 51
Posted:cramps are so nasty! have u tried taking dolomite? it's a herbal muscle relaxant, i think u can buy it from health food shops peace...for me they last bout 2 hrs and they start to work really quickly.

Perfectly insane O.o

>>lover of chocolate biscuits<<

Delete

Mew

Mew

Total posts: 10
Posted:Sport usually helps. None of my family girls have period pain cause we move so much. Mom goes running, me and my sisters play floorball. No pain at all.
Just go running aroud the block like once a day is good for health and... No period pain when you're very athelic. Dancing doesn't help so much, my friend has pain and she only dances, my other friend who went biking and running at summer and she dances too, she doesn't have pain.

Delete

Fire Bunny
SILVER Member since Nov 2003

Fire Bunny

veteran

Total posts: 1260
Posted:o hunny i feel your pain! i totally no what you mean. i dont no of anything natural tho sorry. i take a pill called Naprogesic, which is made just for period pain. works a treat. also going on the pill does help. means that you can control your period, and def helps with the pain. iv started to notice pain again now that iv come off it and im going to go back on again just for my period. hope that helps. i also used to get the most crippeling pain about a week before i got my period, and when i went on the pill that stoped.
but Naprogesic is very very good. i would def recomend it if its something you can get where you like. (im in new zealand but i guess you would have it over there...?)

good luck! *hugs* hug smile

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

Delete

DrBoo
BRONZE Member since Oct 2005

DrBoo

I invented the decaffinated coffee table.

Total posts: 453
Posted:It's the pits.
Mew is right, sport or moving about is generally really good (as is getting down and dirty with someone wink ) but it's usually the last thing you feel like doing when you're in pain: maybe spinning would help?!
If heat helps at all you can get stick on heat pads, which last for several hours and you can still walk about with them on.
Apparently, to minimise pain, you should also avoid caffine, and try eating spicy foods (not sure about the science behind the latter).
Distraction may help best for you if, as you say, your pain is worse when you're at home - perhaps when you're travelling you are being distracted from it?

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

Delete

MiG
GOLD Member since Apr 2004

MiG

Self-Flagellation Expert

Total posts: 3415
Posted:dolomite? That's used in pool filters...

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Delete

Nephtys

Nephtys

resident fridge magnet

Total posts: 835
Posted:Hey there hon, I just found this, it might help - both studies were published in international medical journals, so the research is sound:

http://www.raysahelian.com/menstrualcramps.html
br>
The article advises against drinking coffee. However, coffee is a very mild analgesic (or so I've been told), I find it helps a little - it also cures my morning head ache, but this ache only develops if I don't have coffee within an hour of waking up so I guess that's just caffeine-withdrawal smile.
Hot baths are good too (i don't have a bath in my house, only a shower, WAAAAAH frown), and hot water bottles. this article mentions a 'self-generating heat pad' which you can wear against your belly under your clothes.

Another article suggested rubbing tiger balm on your abdomen.

Anyways, i found all these by googling "period cramps natural pain relief"
- hope you find something that works!!

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Delete

Nephtys

Nephtys

resident fridge magnet

Total posts: 835
Posted:hey! people can't go posting the same stuff I do while i'm still busy writing it, that's not fair! smile

everyone's unique except me

Delete

Konsti

Konsti

lovable smart-ass

Total posts: 785
Posted:*passes rougie a spliff and then runs away from this horrible, horrible thread.......AHHHHHHHHH*

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Ahem...

spank

oh..and YOINK! biggrin

ps.. The google search doesnt really work. I searched for "girly problems" and it didnt find anything. But what what the title of the thread in that link is..

Delete

Phaerie
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Phaerie

veteran

Total posts: 1240
Posted:you can make a tea of brown sugar and ginger, that seems to help.
i know brown sugar is different in different countries, the one i mean is the really soft fine brown sugar that is delish on top of porridge. not the course hard raw sugar that is also brown.

hope it helps!

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

Delete

Doc Lightning
GOLD Member since May 2001

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Total posts: 13920
Posted:Honestly, 95% of my patients with bad menstrual cramping respond well to 400mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours. ibuprofen inhibits the production of prostaglandins, which are major contributors to the pain and cramping of menstruation. I've found no herbal or alternative medication that works as well.

Failing that, I put them on birth control, which generally fixes the problem.

-Mike )'(
Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

"A buckuht 'n a hooze!" -Valura

Delete

Gnor
BRONZE Member since Mar 2003

Gnor

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 5814
Posted:neurophen helps me....

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Delete

Doc Lightning
GOLD Member since May 2001

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Total posts: 13920
Posted:neurofen is simply ibuprofen.

-Mike )'(
Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

"A buckuht 'n a hooze!" -Valura

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:Whats the difference between taking a paracetemol or iburofen for cramps?

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

Asena
GOLD Member since Aug 2005

Asena

What a Bummer

Total posts: 3224
Posted:neurofen (or typically 200mg of ibuprofen) works at the site fo pain, where as paracetomol works in da brain to stop de pain getting to the part where it makes you feel ouchy. Plus, Ibuprofen is a great anti inflamoatory nd great for muscles for that reason as such i think. Ummmmmm, just make sure you take it with or after foood.... cos other wise, you explode

Delete

Vixen
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3276
Posted:Dont curl up...try to keep stretched out. Apparently cranberry juice is good aswell but i dont like the taste (Nice if you mix with orange juice tho) xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

maus

maus

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4191
Posted:....or lots of vodka............

Delete

Asena
GOLD Member since Aug 2005

Asena

What a Bummer

Total posts: 3224
Posted:lol yes..... get wasted so you cant feel the pain!

Oh rouge, i also forgot to mention theres a wikid product called feminax... or if you cant get that, something containin paracetamol, codeine and Hyosine... I know you sed you didnt like taking paracetamol, but this is really good stuff, its even designed for period pain, so i dunno, if it gets really bad, you could always give it a go.

I work in a chemist and it always seems very popular for people who are experiencing sever menstraul pain.

Delete

ezz
BRONZE Member since Oct 2004

ezz

moo..

Total posts: 1899
Posted:bah i hate period pain i've been getting it so bad lately and also the same pain when i dont even have my period..thats confusing hmm shrug
when i was doing taekwondo my instructor showed me a few stretches that helped a bit but do you think i can actually remember them?..haha nope!

hug me!

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog

Internet Hate Machine

Total posts: 10530
Posted:Warned about wha...? Oh jesus not again!

*slaps a hand over his eyes and plugs his ears*

Written by: UnbeatenChampionOfFighting

Ahem...

spank

biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

Sethis

Sethis

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1762
Posted:*smirks* @ FRD

Why do they go to such hideous lengths to keep us out of these threads?

I'm thinking of starting up a "Guys only thread" where we talk about all of our touchy feely emotional problems, and maybe some talk of the finer points in relationships and our bodies.

Although I'm fairly confident that this sums it all up... biggrin

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Delete

polythene

veteran

Total posts: 1359
Posted:Different from when you were travelling? Hmmm... Is your diet at home different from when you were travelling? I've found eating too many starchy foods on approach to a period can make it a LOT worse frown

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Delete

VampyricAcid
SILVER Member since Jun 2005

VampyricAcid

veteran

Total posts: 1286
Posted:make a tea with Thyme and Honey, its meant to help

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Delete

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:I used to get them bad when I was younger. I just picked up a set of poi my music and as soon as I get into spinning the pains go away.

Then when I start thinking about it again they come back..

I think I have an over sensative reproductive system..

Talking about back street abortions in RE last year at school had me hugging my tummy having phantom period pains and screaming "Shhhh!! My womb can hear you!!" ubblol

But now, I have the depo jab. No periods, hence no pains biggrin

Although I did have really bad pains in my overies for around the first month after I'd had it, and also I had the appitite of a yeti who hadn't eaten anything for days for a week afterwards as well..

EDITED_BY: *Aime* (1133294840)

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:Written by: Sethis

Why do they go to such hideous lengths to keep us out of these threads?

I'm thinking of starting up a "Guys only thread" where we talk about all of our touchy feely emotional problems, and maybe some talk of the finer points in relationships and our bodies.

OI! I didn't try to keep you out of the thread! It dont say "girls only"...I just WARNED you! ubbangel

Thanks everyone!
hugs

espcially to UcoF who is obviously SO bored at work he even does searches for me! ubblol

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:..and yet no one takes any notice anyway...
rolleyes

wink

Delete

Fire Bunny
SILVER Member since Nov 2003

Fire Bunny

veteran

Total posts: 1260
Posted:well that boys for ya. if you say " no. please. dont. come. in. " or something along those lines your bound to get em.

in fact i bet there have been loads thinking "ooooh theres something naughty i think i might go have a look" and looking and jumping out again, or just peeking in and not saying anything....

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

Delete

Page: 12