Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey lovely Moonfesties!*:.

Well, it’s that time again… yummy fruits to feast on those hot humid days… the smell of summer blossoms in the warm summer breeze… Must be time for the SUMMER Moonfests!!!

The summer ones are always a bit bigger than the winter ones… as people are more willing to come out from there snuggley warm homes and run around under the moonlight frolicking about on the beach*:.

So the Summer and 2006 Moonfest dates are………………::::::*

Dec Friday 16th (last for 2005)

.:*2006*:.

January Sat 14th

February Mon 13th

March Wed 15th

April Fri 14th

May Sat 13th

June Mon 12th

July Tues 11th

August Wed 9th

September Fri 8th

October Sat 7th

November Sun 5th

December Tues 5th

.:*2007*:.

January Wed 3rd

Moonfest is a drug and alcohol free gathering at Moora Park Shorncliffe foreshore. Every full moon from Sundown (or earlier in the arvo for a juggle jam play and picnic) Bring along your instruments, drums, fire toys (+ fuel & safety gear) twirly whirly toys and magick makers… dress up.. Have a ball…bring your friends, have fun and frolic under the luminous Moon and sparkling stars*:… bring a picnic dinner, or grab a bight to eat from the local Café on the Park… Please take ALL your rubbish and belongings with you when you leave…..:* Moonfest is for fun!*:. Come and BE the festival…. Festive*all …. ALL FESTIVE… It is the beautiful people who come along each month that make this gathering such a gorgeous one… so thank YOU beautiful people! Moonfest is growing into its 10th year!*:. It will be our 10 year anniversary this coming Spring Moonfest (Friday 8th September 2006) So a huge big thankyou to all of you for coming along each month and making this the amazing beautiful thing it has grown to be. …………::::*

Other upcoming events…

*:.Earthcore is this Saturday 3rd December www.earthcore.com.au

*:.Woodford Folk Festival 27th Dec 05 ~ 1st Jan 06 there’s a cap on ticket sales for the first time this year … and tickets are selling out fast! www.woodfordfolkfestival.com

*:.A couple of Earthy Gorgeous Goddessy Gatherings and camping like lovely things happening over this summer… too gorgeous to mention in one sentence… contact Gillian for more info (07) 5446 7470

*:.The Summer Solstice is 22nd December … chances are there will be some lovely happenings around this time… if not we should make one yeah?

So yeah… there you have it… a load of moonfest dates and a few fun things to do this summer… have a happy Summer and hopefully we’ll catch up along the way*:.

Summer blossoms, fresh fruit, and joyful juicy bits to you all!*:.

Love Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1154653542)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

16.15.8GOLD Member
I can´t think therefore I´m not
291 posts

Posted:
Aight im staying in Prince Consort on 230 Wickham Street and dont have any idea at all where to go!
I wanna spin with you guys but where and when!
You made me fly to Brisbane so show it was woth it now :P
//Thomas

"I don´t like shoes, definitely not spinning with shoes, they make my feet feel flat, my feet are not flat...."

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Aaaw Thomas, wave and welcome! Sorry no one offered to put you up!
The fire things this week are Thursday night at Orleigh Park, West End (contact jcfiretricks for that one) and Moonfest is at Shorncliffe. Take the train from Brunswick St station ( just around the corner) to Shorncliffe. Walk up the slight hill about about a block, past the cafe, cross the road to Moora Park. Down the path to the beach. If you come just before sunset there is usually a few people around. Ask for Elke, it is her baby... lots of other HopPers will be there: me, Ry, Gita, Biggins, etcetcetc Then it builds up... there was LOTS of people last time.

Tell you what I will PM my phone number and we can have a chat. Then you won't feel so alone! Might be able to get you a lift even....I presume you have a mobile number?? smile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
anyone know what time the west end meet usually goes til? umm i'll be heading to bris tomorrow night (should be home around 8...i hope!) so i might head down there!! biggrin bounce

thomas! wave i can give you a lift to moonfest!! biggrin as long as you don't mind being there for *sunfest* too!! biggrin i'm heading up nice n early (planning to be up there by 4pm) cos a friend is getting married at moonfest too!!!! ubblove

hey if you're bored on friday morning i'm doing a fuel run! you're welcome to join me!! tongue i can give you a dodgy tour of brisbane at the same time!!! ubblol actually - if ANYONE wants to come for a fuel run, let me know!! biggrin & if anyone needs some d60 - i can get some! so far i'm picking up just 2 drums! (it's around $60 for 20L).

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
hey gita... the last couple weeks, we've gone till around 9... although, there's talk of food and quite a number of additional people this week, so could well go longer... be great to see you there, gita... especially given that *every single damn time* I try to get to monday juggle jam something comes up!!!

Although... I will, definitely, 100%, no returns, can't take it back, burn in eternal damnation as retribution, be @ moonfest saturday...!! YAY!! Kidless... and ready to burn stuff...

Over on the firetricks forum, I offered a thomas a ride tomorrow to west end tomorrow, if he's out there somewhere?? thomas?? thomas?? where are u? lol

but I got his phone # and will call tonight when I get home to confirm...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce lots of people! & food! nice clap

hey i should pm you & get your number too so i can message you & see if it's all still happening at west end!!! biggrin (cos if it's dying down i might just go home & wash my clothes & get an early night...) pfft! HAHAHA! ubblol

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
ubblol Gita get an early night, that's funny ubblol

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
hmmm...

column A: wash clothes and get an early night
column B: twirl hot stuff with hot people + hot food

hmmm... lemme see... which one to choose? it's a toughie...!!

16.15.8GOLD Member
291 posts

Posted:
Thank you so much for the ride Pogo69! I see ya later!

But to the moonfest it would be great if I could go with you gita? If the offer still is open? Doesnt matter if im gonna be there early cos I would just bin spinning on my own if I werent there!

Send me email, sms or give me a call if you can and want to pick me up?

Take care!

//Thomas

"I don´t like shoes, definitely not spinning with shoes, they make my feet feel flat, my feet are not flat...."

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
leah... umm it's been known to happen! ubblol

pogo... ubblol

yeah thomas you can get a ride with me on saturday!! biggrin i'll pm you my number!! i'll probably leave my place around 3.30 if all goes well!! tongue

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
thomas mate... you are very welcome. it was great to have you along...

your poi play was wicked cool!! weavesmiley and you successfully managed to teach nathan to stop hitting himself with his poi too!!

not enough poi @ west end... was good to see biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:
heeee biggrin

I've been crazy busy lately but you guys seem to have kept this thread warm and well alive biggrin hug smile*:.

ubblove .:*MOONFEST TOMORROW*:. ubblove

grouphug

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
yup... keeping the fire burning!! biggrin

yay!!! moonfest... I might actually get around to meeting you this time, elke... I was a bit busy with my boys last time round rolleyes

just me 'n' my staff this time!!! bounce

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
starting to get a bit chilly angelblue Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I just might bring the brazier for a spot of .... hmmmmm......it's brown and warm and tastes a little bit of ginger..... ubblove

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
ooh and also, I will bring a 20 litre drum of d60 so if anyone wants any it will be 3.50 a litre. Bring your own labelled container...

3,492 posts

Posted:
Nice one Gabey!*:. ubblove biggrin hug

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
we are coming! Save a place for a wheelchair though! redface

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
wheel chair access.....

wheel chair races

wheel chair spinning

contact wheel chair

Isolated wheelchair ...for Durbs wink biggrin

Flaming carriage put some kevlar on those wheel blades...Boadicea of Brizzie

Non-Https Image Link

and boobie glitter

Non-Https Image Link

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

16.15.8GOLD Member
291 posts

Posted:
Hey!

I dont know what to say!

I had one of the most greatest day in my life with you guys!

It was AWESOME! I got to many burns to count them but every single one of them is a memory from the most lovely fire-gathering Ive bin at!bounce

Now im gonna have a good night sleep after more or less 6 hour long poisession!

To all of you people I did meet and to all of ya I didnt meet, THANX for a wondefull evening!grouphug

Thank you so much Gita for helping me out with a ride hug, thank you so much Ry for everything you tought me or atleast showed me smile

//Thomas "firedude" Johansson wave

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Hey Thomas!

Today was pretty good aye? ubbangel Glad you enjoyed it. Had to make it good since you're not in Brissie that long wink Trying to make sure you come back during your year off biggrin

A moonfest every month.. devil How else could anyone live?

Your spinning was superb, I *really* enjoyed watching it..can't wait for Monday! And thanks back.. think you taught (or showed) me more than I showed you ubblol.. beerchug hug

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
fly in ointment..

it was indeed a lovely Moonfest.. except that my daughter had her bags stolen frown frown frown frown frown frown frown frown frown frown frown

Left two shoulder bags unattended briefly and came back to find her hat and sleeping bag there, and the bags gone. She was of course really upset and it took the gloss of my night too... then I heard some other kids say their friend had a bag stolen too...

This is the first time I ever heard anything like this at Moonfest, Unfortunately cos these horrid goblin thief types found money and a mobile, they are likely to do it again I fear...

so I thought I'd better let y'all know.

Sorry to have a sad thing to say...

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Yeah that was really crap. Never hear of anything getting stolen at moonfest ever. Hope karma gets back to the thief. frown

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I hope someone finds the bags and hands them in to the cops. Presumably the goblins wanted the cash and mobile,but the cute clothes and personal stuff are just as important to her.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Where did she put the bags down, did she say?

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
that sucks gabe frown

say.... how about next time, i'll leave a bag unattended with a rusty bear trap in it? wink

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Elly thinks that is a good idea! She says make sure it works...

She also says that she is very sorry redface if she was a bit off to anyone last night, she was awfully upset...ooooops

Ry, she left them under a sleeping bag about 20 metres away from where we were sitting, next to some people who didn't notice anything. She was away from them a few minutes...We figure the goblins saw her do it and snuck in quickly as soon as she left.

NOW in the immediate short term the worst bit of the loss is her mobile. We've stopped the SIM card and she will not lose her Optus credit.. but does anyone have a spare mobile they can loan/sell us?? confused2 She can't afford a new one right now...

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
That was such a great night!! *bounce* I had so much fun! *adds another reason to the list of 'Why Eve should move to Brisbane'* biggrin
Hopefully see a bunch of you at juggling!

-Eve

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone,

Just a quick 8 min video I put together of the night. Enjoy.

Its the low version, I will upload the high version tonight. smile

https://firetricks.net/moonfest/Moonfest_low.wmv

16.15.8GOLD Member
291 posts

Posted:
I love the start in the movie, that mouththrow how the hell did you come up with that idea wink

I LOVE IT!

Keep spinning!

//Thomas

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
That really sucks Gabe. And that was Elly's first moonfest too, yeah? Very un-moonfesty of the bag-goblins.

Wish I could have made it to moonfest, but I was too sickly frown

"Be the Bunny"

Page: ...