Page: ......
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey lovely Moonfesties!*:.

Well, it’s that time again… yummy fruits to feast on those hot humid days… the smell of summer blossoms in the warm summer breeze… Must be time for the SUMMER Moonfests!!!

The summer ones are always a bit bigger than the winter ones… as people are more willing to come out from there snuggley warm homes and run around under the moonlight frolicking about on the beach*:.

So the Summer and 2006 Moonfest dates are………………::::::*

Dec Friday 16th (last for 2005)

.:*2006*:.

January Sat 14th

February Mon 13th

March Wed 15th

April Fri 14th

May Sat 13th

June Mon 12th

July Tues 11th

August Wed 9th

September Fri 8th

October Sat 7th

November Sun 5th

December Tues 5th

.:*2007*:.

January Wed 3rd

Moonfest is a drug and alcohol free gathering at Moora Park Shorncliffe foreshore. Every full moon from Sundown (or earlier in the arvo for a juggle jam play and picnic) Bring along your instruments, drums, fire toys (+ fuel & safety gear) twirly whirly toys and magick makers… dress up.. Have a ball…bring your friends, have fun and frolic under the luminous Moon and sparkling stars*:… bring a picnic dinner, or grab a bight to eat from the local Café on the Park… Please take ALL your rubbish and belongings with you when you leave…..:* Moonfest is for fun!*:. Come and BE the festival…. Festive*all …. ALL FESTIVE… It is the beautiful people who come along each month that make this gathering such a gorgeous one… so thank YOU beautiful people! Moonfest is growing into its 10th year!*:. It will be our 10 year anniversary this coming Spring Moonfest (Friday 8th September 2006) So a huge big thankyou to all of you for coming along each month and making this the amazing beautiful thing it has grown to be. …………::::*

Other upcoming events…

*:.Earthcore is this Saturday 3rd December www.earthcore.com.au

*:.Woodford Folk Festival 27th Dec 05 ~ 1st Jan 06 there’s a cap on ticket sales for the first time this year … and tickets are selling out fast! www.woodfordfolkfestival.com

*:.A couple of Earthy Gorgeous Goddessy Gatherings and camping like lovely things happening over this summer… too gorgeous to mention in one sentence… contact Gillian for more info (07) 5446 7470

*:.The Summer Solstice is 22nd December … chances are there will be some lovely happenings around this time… if not we should make one yeah?

So yeah… there you have it… a load of moonfest dates and a few fun things to do this summer… have a happy Summer and hopefully we’ll catch up along the way*:.

Summer blossoms, fresh fruit, and joyful juicy bits to you all!*:.

Love Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1154653542)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Fyre_Elfnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
hhhmmm a wednesday i just moved to the goldcoast i use to live at nth boondall but so keen to come ill be there with bells on

SpinningTrippingFlippingFyreFrog

Fyre_Elfnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
weavesmiley biggrin biggrin biggrin weavesmiley

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
BE great to see you! wave
IF you can come up to a Monday NIght Juggle jam between now and then, you'llmeet a lot of the Brissy hopper crew and then you'll recognise us in the dark wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Fyre_Elfnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
juggleJuggle jam aye that sounds like fun heheand what goes on at the juggleJuggle jam juggle???

Fyre_Elfnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
juggleJuggle jam aye that sounds like fun heheand what goes on at the juggleJuggle jam juggle??

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Just about every sort of spinny juggly 'object manipulation"y thing you can think of. Toss and bounce juggling, poi, staff, contact dance/juggling/staff, acro, unicycle, stickball etcetcetc. It's free, open space, no 'leaders' just lots of sharing...every level from the ubergurus to total beginners. Sometimes music, always friendly chat. No fire though, it's more about skills and fun....

Here's the [Old link]

Just a tip about using Hop threads btw.. you can nearly always find the info you need quickly by using the 'search' function (a small blue link up the top of the page next to *main index*)

For eg if you type in Brisbane you would get [Old link]

Happy days! biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by newgabe

3,492 posts

Posted:
oh hey it's actually nearly Autumn... smile

I'll have to send another seasonal email out soon smile

next moonfest, Wednesday, March 15th will be the first of the Autumn Moonfests

Autumn Equinox on 20th March

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh joy I cant wait until the next moonfest! ubblove ubblove ubblove

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
yay... will have to get my extra big fix next moonfest to keep me going for 2 months as it looks like I'll probably miss the April one (will be in Canberra)

I will be in canberra that is, not the moonfest

I repeat, moonfest has not been temporarily located to canberra excl help

yeah there was a dude fire breathing and I did sort him out by waving the nice pixie friendly rule-wand, and he was polite and cool about it... I believe he may have been using shellite too??! not sure

Fyre Elf come to Juggle Jam! Great place to share great tricks, great nonsense, ideas, and occasionally raisin toast and chocolate crackles hehe

sorry pixie I didn't see the labyrinth at last moonfest.. I didn't know it (the labyrinth) was happening...

"Be the Bunny"

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i may have to miss the next moonfest! eek i'll be working in hervey bay & it's a hell of a drive (i know, cos there was a moonfest on last time i was working in hervey bay! ubblol )

dang...

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

3,492 posts

Posted:
awww bummer frown ...yeah it is a lonnnnnnngggggggg drive hey....

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
Gita you're welcome to stay at my place moonfest night, I guess it's kinda half way. then get up early in the morning to go back to Hervey Bay.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
thanks hun! but it's still a bloody long drive...& i am SO not a morning person!! ubblol thanks anyway though!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
no worries! wink

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

3,492 posts

Posted:
*hoping the perfect job in brizzy for gixie falls in her lap.... really super soon* biggrin hug ubblove

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
*bimp*
oops
*bump*

think the glorious full moon will chase away all this rainyrainyrainyrainyrainyrainyrainyrainyrainyrainyrain?

3,492 posts

Posted:
well it's still a week and a bit away... so here's hoping hey?

*crosses fingers and toes for fine stary skies*

.:*:.

3,492 posts

Posted:
there is some sort of lunar eclipse on wednesday... but it is in the morning (way before the moon rises on this side of the world) so we wont be able to see it... but i'm sure the energies will be doing some funky stuff for and extra good moonfest biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well the lovely Nick will be coming back over here so that is some nice energy to mix in hug

The_Magnesium_Masterjourneyman
97 posts

Posted:
Re firebreathing with shellite, it sounds unlikely if they were still alive to be told not to do it again, unless the latest craze in fire breathing is putting your head out with a fire blanket before you get badly burned.

While on the subject of things forbidden at Moonfest, are relatively safe but antisocial things like burning solid lumps of magnesium, steel wool, crushed or bundled sparklers or their derivatives, long roped poi or fire darts, very long or large fire staves, whips, items that continuously spray attomised fuel or run on LP gas but only around as much as spinning off a fresh fire staff, or emit excessive smoke or light such as expired handheld flares (white only since red is a marine distress signal and we are near the sea), throwing powders like flour (not sulphur, aluminium , magnesium, zinc,etc) through flames,etc permitted to be played with way out on the jetty away from spectators ?. Or is it best that such items are forbiden to prevent moonfest becoming a place that promotes excesive consumption of non renuable resources as people attempt to outdo each other in making the biggest and brightest fire toy they can think of ?.

What are the general guidelines for what is totaly forbiden at all, ie apart from the obvious ( or at least fairly obvious) things like fire walking, lighting campfires and bonfires ,fire breathing , setting off or being in possesion of explosives and fireworks with or without the addition of attomised flammable liquids , flamethrowers , ignighting upturned unregulated gas bottles with POL fittings, drugs, alcohol for drinking or burning, shellite and any other fuel that can burn without a wick, noxious fuels like deisel , turps and all other aromatic solvents/ thinners, sulphur powder,violence, stealing, burning tins full of spillable fuel ,orgies on the beach,etc.?

Prehaps KEROSENE could be put on a semi banned list where it can only be opened, burned, or permited in any other way to make contact with the atmosphere at the down wind end of Moonfest, the same rule also applying to anything smokeyer or smellier than D60.

3,492 posts

Posted:
oh my .:*little pixie head spins round as she reads that post first thing on a staurday morning*:.

Um guidlines.... don't be an idiot at moonfest rolleyes biggrin

perhaps one person's idea of safe fuels/equiptment differs from the next person's .... but basically it's a "be safe" rule... don't do anything that could hurt yourself or others, and take responsibility of your actions.

we don't usually have people trying to out do eachother with bigger and better fire props... it's actually usually a really lovely friendly casual vibe... welcoming new comers and beginner fire players. grouphug

perhaps I missed the point.... confused

there are some simple rules ... no drugs or alcohol ... no fire breathing... ther is a lovely big space designated to the fire side of the crowd... we try to promote safe and less smelly fuels.... and there is a general unspoken rule of respect for one another smile

I'm happy with that... smile*:.

generally people are NOT idiots. in the 9 years moonefest has been gathering together we have never had anything get out of controll.

.:*:. .:*:. .:*:.

anyone fancy an afternoon SUNfest play on wednesday? I'll try come down a little earlier this month with some toys and stuff juggle weavesmiley .:*why is there not a little hula hooping smilie? wink*:. ubbrollsmile hehe hug ubblove grouphug

see all you gorgeous ones then, for the first of the Autumn moonfests! smile*:.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: The_Magnesium_Master

While on the subject of things forbidden at Moonfest, are relatively safe but antisocial things like burning solid lumps of magnesium, steel wool, crushed or bundled sparklers or their derivatives, long roped poi or fire darts, very long or large fire staves, whips, items that continuously spray attomised fuel or run on LP gas but only around as much as spinning off a fresh fire staff, or emit excessive smoke or light such as expired handheld flares (white only since red is a marine distress signal and we are near the sea), throwing powders like flour (not sulphur, aluminium , magnesium, zinc,etc) through flames,etc permitted to be played with way out on the jetty away from spectators ?. Or is it best that such items are forbiden to prevent moonfest becoming a place that promotes excesive consumption of non renuable resources as people attempt to outdo each other in making the biggest and brightest fire toy they can think of ?.

What are the general guidelines for what is totaly forbiden at all, ie apart from the obvious ( or at least fairly obvious) things like fire walking, lighting campfires and bonfires ,fire breathing , setting off or being in possesion of explosives and fireworks with or without the addition of attomised flammable liquids , flamethrowers , ignighting upturned unregulated gas bottles with POL fittings, drugs, alcohol for drinking or burning, shellite and any other fuel that can burn without a wick, noxious fuels like deisel , turps and all other aromatic solvents/ thinners, sulphur powder,violence, stealing, burning tins full of spillable fuel ,orgies on the beach,etc.?

Ok I am speaking from personal opinion here, so this is NOT Bec and Elkes say so.... I know Elke and Bec very very well and easily call them my best friends. I believe I know what their vision of moonfest is. Its a relaxing monthly meet, free of trouble, and danger. A place where people can meet and enjoy thier fire arts SAFELY as a group and share positive energy and experiences. This is what moonfest has been for nine years. If I was Bec and Elke I would be so damn proud of moonfests safety record.
Its not a place for dangerous experimenting with chemicals, or bonfires that put the enviournment at danger,or ANYTHING that will put the public at risk. The use of fire is a dangerous act and safety precautions are put in place for that very reason. There are fire blankets, fire extingushers, and the regulars keep a close eye on all activity to make sure there is nothing dangerous going on.
I cant imagine Brisbane without Moonfest, and all it will take is ONE irresponsable act to ruin it for everyone....and I should think that is the last thing that you would want Magnesium_Master, am I right in saying that?

I speak form experience when I say that moonfest is one of the safest meets I have ever been to, one that is regular, and peoples safety is paramount and taken into consideration every single month.

I personally would perfer for people who want to play with dangerous chemicals or toys to play with them in their own backyard where risk to the familys and people who frequent moonfest is non exsitant.
That way you can play with such items without the chance of hurting anyone but yourself - the one person you can be responsable for, and I sincerley hope that doesnt happen. There wont be crowds around to see you do such flashy dangerous things, but Im sure it isnt about that.

lumps of magnesium? May not be a good idea to bring chemicals like that to moonfest.

steel wool, crushed or bundled sparklers or their derivatives? Wouldnt you hate for a little child to be struck with flying pieces of steel wool, that have broken off? maybe on the concrete jetty if there is noone else around, but that is absolutly and totally up to Bec and Elke.

items that continuously spray attomised fuel or run on LP gas .... Whoa! that can be soooo dangerous ie gas leaks etc, the chance of explosion, again my personal opinion. eek

Hand held flares? Maybe dont bring them to moonfest, melting flesh is never a good look...:)
"Or is it best that such items are forbiden to prevent moonfest becoming a place that promotes excesive consumption of non renuable resources as people attempt to outdo each other in making the biggest and brightest fire toy they can think of ?." Absolutly, totally, 100 percent. Thats something I agree with biggrin ubblol

Please respect Moonfest for what it is, a happy lil monthly gathering that is about fun and positive energy, and the meeting of wonderful skills... juggle weavesmiley smile grouphug meditate
*I have run this post past Moonpixie before I posted it to make sure that I wasnt getting too big for my boots* smile

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

97 posts

Posted:
It seams I must have a fairly good sense of judgement about what is unsafe at a public event like Moonfest, and what things could lead others to to get involved with dangerous things that you should only do if you are an experienced pyromaniac ( assuming you survive a miss spent youth to reach that stage like I did, mind you safety was always high on my agenda).

I wont bring my magnesium lumps to the jetty, and Hopefully those people I have heard talking about sparkler or steel wool poi will have been saved a shaft aswell.

As for all the realy bad things, I havent had any experience with orgies, fighting and intoxicants, and I definitly dont recommend you get involved with those things at all, but all the rest are best not tryed at all unless you know what doing (and have apropriate protective equipment and competent offsiders incase things go wrong) and require a large non ignightable space like a beach or quarry. Almost all those things are DEFINITLY NOT safe in a back yard as the risk of fires or flying debis is too great. Neighbors also dislike fumes and noise.

Moonfest definitly wont dissapear as a result of anything I do there,and hopefully will remain in existance long after I have departed to seach the Earth for cheap land to live like a mad hippy scientist, find a soft, smooth , famine resistant, frugal living woman to breed with, and mabey even found ( or founded) a version of Moonfest where fire walking is permitted

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:

Moonfest definitely wont dissapear as a result of anything I do there

Indeed not, and I think many a fondue has been enahnced by your presence. Maybe there can some day be a people friendly magnesium headtorch? wink

after I have departed to seach the Earth for ...a soft, smooth , famine resistant, frugal living woman to breed with

Good luck Ade!! No one can say you weren't upfront about what you're looking for!! biggrin ubblol

97 posts

Posted:
Magnesium ribben was actually used for lighting back in the stone age along with carbide lamps, but luckily we now have luxeon LEDs, almost as bright as trying to see by holding up a magnesium ribbon and much more energy efficient aswell.

It's nearly fondue and brazier season again ( I get to come as close as leagly acceptable to burning hot coals as is allowed at Moonfest, excelent news indeed)

In theory I can almost aford 70 head of cattle, my sheets are washed at least weekly, and I guess I can squat at a beach and pretent I have a beach . That must put me in with a better chance than your smelly sheeted kiwi mate, so its a start.

Last time I looked nealy all maori women meet the smooth, soft and famine resistant criteria, so all I need now is one thats frugal and good living and I should be right. . Who knows, maybe fondues and braziers might atract them in before then, and I just have to hang around like a toad sitting under the light waiting for moths. (DELETED " The Lizard Thing" This seems to be getting me into lots of strife )
EDITED_BY: The_Magnesium_Master (1142773712)

3,492 posts

Posted:
oh my... please take your bearded dragon/toad/caveman mating ritual some place else .... moonfest is an all ages gathering, thanks.

Written by:

The_Magnesium_Master

It's nearly fondue and brazier season again ( I get to come as close as leagly acceptable to burning hot coals as is allowed at Moonfest, excelent news indeed)

or leagally acceptable in any public or council owned propperty... I'd love to have an open fire too... but you just can't have fires other than in a barbique or brazier ... I've asked.. and they say "no open fires ...it must be contained in a barbique or brazier" ...and though we may be responsible ennough to make sure all hot coals are totally out and cool before we leave... they say "children playing in the sand the next day could put there hands on the still hot coals" which is fair enough ....and I don't want myself or .:*moonfest*:. to be held responsible for anything like that. ... not just my rule... but it's a rule that makes sense and so I'm willing to accept that... but yay for the braziers 'ey? and fondues and and all that warm fuzzieness!*:. grouphug

moonfest is a lovely peaceful casual friendly gathering ...you seem to like to challange everything about it and dissagree with the simple and logical rules, ... if that's the case ... don't come... and don't comment in this or any moonfest thread. ... if you are happy to accept the way moonfest runs and the rules set in place, please feel free to join us each full moon, chillout , relax and enjoy what this beautiful gathering has to offer. smile

grouphug

that being said... anyone coming down early for a lovely little picnic and sunfest play? biggrin hug ubblove ubbrollsmile juggle smile weavesmiley grouphug sunny

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Indeed.
Look forward to seeing you all tonight.. I'll be a bit late though, so I'll bring some fuel with me...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
amen Pixie, I know that its hard to write how you feel sometimes so I really hope that everyone takes into account what moonpixie is saying, cause her and Bec are the reason that we are lucky enough to have moonfest to go to.

an upsetting development is that I shall not be able to come to moonfest tonight. I awoke this morning with no feeling in my hands and they are still numb now. You would have no idea how hard it is making it to type. So have a wonderful night my darlings and I do hope that its the peaceful safe gathering that we all know and love.

Otherwise chicken will be on the warpath. eek

*giggles*

*shows her muscles*

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Sparkly poi's banned at moonfest?? confused

Page: ......