Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey lovely Moonfesties!*:.

Well, it’s that time again… yummy fruits to feast on those hot humid days… the smell of summer blossoms in the warm summer breeze… Must be time for the SUMMER Moonfests!!!

The summer ones are always a bit bigger than the winter ones… as people are more willing to come out from there snuggley warm homes and run around under the moonlight frolicking about on the beach*:.

So the Summer and 2006 Moonfest dates are………………::::::*

Dec Friday 16th (last for 2005)

.:*2006*:.

January Sat 14th

February Mon 13th

March Wed 15th

April Fri 14th

May Sat 13th

June Mon 12th

July Tues 11th

August Wed 9th

September Fri 8th

October Sat 7th

November Sun 5th

December Tues 5th

.:*2007*:.

January Wed 3rd

Moonfest is a drug and alcohol free gathering at Moora Park Shorncliffe foreshore. Every full moon from Sundown (or earlier in the arvo for a juggle jam play and picnic) Bring along your instruments, drums, fire toys (+ fuel & safety gear) twirly whirly toys and magick makers… dress up.. Have a ball…bring your friends, have fun and frolic under the luminous Moon and sparkling stars*:… bring a picnic dinner, or grab a bight to eat from the local Café on the Park… Please take ALL your rubbish and belongings with you when you leave…..:* Moonfest is for fun!*:. Come and BE the festival…. Festive*all …. ALL FESTIVE… It is the beautiful people who come along each month that make this gathering such a gorgeous one… so thank YOU beautiful people! Moonfest is growing into its 10th year!*:. It will be our 10 year anniversary this coming Spring Moonfest (Friday 8th September 2006) So a huge big thankyou to all of you for coming along each month and making this the amazing beautiful thing it has grown to be. …………::::*

Other upcoming events…

*:.Earthcore is this Saturday 3rd December www.earthcore.com.au

*:.Woodford Folk Festival 27th Dec 05 ~ 1st Jan 06 there’s a cap on ticket sales for the first time this year … and tickets are selling out fast! www.woodfordfolkfestival.com

*:.A couple of Earthy Gorgeous Goddessy Gatherings and camping like lovely things happening over this summer… too gorgeous to mention in one sentence… contact Gillian for more info (07) 5446 7470

*:.The Summer Solstice is 22nd December … chances are there will be some lovely happenings around this time… if not we should make one yeah?

So yeah… there you have it… a load of moonfest dates and a few fun things to do this summer… have a happy Summer and hopefully we’ll catch up along the way*:.

Summer blossoms, fresh fruit, and joyful juicy bits to you all!*:.

Love Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1154653542)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
awww...that sounds awesome!! biggrin but i'll be on the coast at ~*fire & fun*~ & then heading out for my birfday... frown dang...next time!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Chuh! pixie, you live practically next to the Full Moon Hotel and you didn't go for Doch today?? Which was free?? tsk.. spank

3,492 posts

Posted:
ummmmm.... soking wet skimpily clad covered in clay pixie stumbles into the full moon hotel.... ummmmm umm

ubblol ubblol ubblol

don't think that would have gone down too well (or maybe more well than my liking! hahahaha) besides... I was having loads of fun frollicing about in the soaking rain.

and I'm seeing them tonight at the Zoo biggrin with Lothlorien biggrin and marcello malani trio biggrin (and I saw them at woodford too smile ... )

but I know... it's like a stones throw away from my house and I missed it! redface rolleyes ubbloco

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Well, not sure how you'd take this.. it wasn't just Doch.. it was Doch and Mal Webb wink He was half there on trombone and half on the dancefloor, and also gave a mini clap workshop ubblol

And hey.. me might be taking formal alto sax lessons from Bec at some point! biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:
ohhhh damn it frown

lucky i saw him play at woodford smile ...and ran into him at our local fish and chip shop yesterday biggrin heheheh Absolutely made Sam's day too, I swear he's in love with that man! heheheh ubblol

anyone coming out with me tonight?...or you all had a good dose of goodness last night?*:.

....I have a delema actually... how do you work it?... ya wanna have a drink... but the trains only go till...I dunno how long ...but ya can't drive beacuse you've been drinking.... and ummm yeahh.... taxi queues are increadible and would cost an arm and a leg to get home... ummmmm....

maybe I'll just have to leave early and miss abit to catch the last train... OR.... not drink I suppose.... shrug

biggrin

ummm speaking of not drinking... this is the moonfest thread hey? ubblol ummm which yeah... is drug and alcohol free... ummm moonfest is on soon too.... like next week in fact! bounce Anyone *not* going to Exodus and going to come play with me??? *:.

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
yeah, I'll be up there at moonfest smile (assuming I don't injure myself again :P )

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Doch and Mal Webb was so much fun. Lucky us for getting in on the "Advanced Clapping" workshop! clap clap clap ubblol hehehe we all looked like little kids

I could have stayed in that rain all night long though biggrin meditate bounce

How was Lothlorien? A shame that I missed it but trying to kick the post-woodford chest cold

I'm not exodusing so will be coming out to play at the next moonfest

Bec plays sax?? You people never cease to amaze me grouphug

"Be the Bunny"

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
ubblol

No Jen, Doch's Bec.. biggrin Lothlorien was good, but I found it a bit difficult getting into them after Doch (even if it was two nights in a row.. ubblol) But Jen, Elke took sax in school wink

And to all the people exodusing.. poo on you for skipping the first moonfest of 2006! Poo on you from all those porta-loos! ubblol Just kidding, though. Should you actually get poo'd on- it's nothing to do with karma, really.. ubbangel

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblol

I'll have no poo in this thread thanks ry! :P .....but heheheheheh wink

Lothlorien were great! as always (I'm a groupy from way back though rolleyes ) ...as ry desicibed it... one of those "hippy chicks waving their arms around on the dancefloor" biggrin yup...that's me...lol though i think the poor darlins had just come from a gig the previous night at the starlight hall in yandina (gorgeous gorgeous foresty setting for such a beautiful band...very apt) and then coming to the city and gigging in brisbane valley perhaps felt a little out of place? I enjoyed dancing to them.... even if ry dose think I'm a hippy chick just waving my arms about wink

ubblove

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Elke said poo! Elke said poo! ubblol ubblol ubblol

And just to clarify.. not just waving their arms around on the dancefloor specifically.. I was thinking more the way Grover sways his head/body on Sesame St..

But mm.. Lothlorien were brilliant, it was wonderful to see that combination of instruments in harmony. The guy who did the sound levels for The Zoo was shocking though.. The Lothlorien vocalist was a bit muffled, not to mention the Doch violinist hardly came through at all (maybe I'm being fussy because I heard how good he sounded the night before at the Full Moon Hotel, which surprisingly has decent acoustics..)

And hey pixie.. I so know you're a not a hippy.. where's the armpit hair huh? Not to mention we all know all the hippies live in West End.. ubblol Good try though. Might like to borrow the costume come Moonfest.. ubbangel

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
hi guys just wnderin how often you lot meet up and where coz im coming over for summer ( my summer , ur winter ) n i thought i might check out the fire scene before emmigrating over in october,

i am only a newbie to it though and dnt really know too much so if ya dnt mind me coming, saying hello and learning a few things from you guys then i would pop over and say hello

thanks for burning with me

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Heya Lee,

Usually there are Monday night Jugglejams (non-fire, but lots of spinny goodness), [Old link]

and the once a month Moonfests (keep an eye on this thread) at Shorncliffe.

Carnival of the Divine Imagination www.divineimagination.com does classes once a fortnight at the Kangaroo Point cliffs, and there's usually the odd spin around if people feel like it.

There's also Fire N Fun at Mooloolaba [Old link] on the Sunshine Coast if you're keen to go a bit further out, and at the other end, I believe there's a weekly spin at Burleigh on the Gold Coast.

Always nice to see a new face, hurry up and get yourself down here biggrin

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
Miss Lou's coming to moonfest! Miss Lou's coming to moonfest! ubbangel
bounce

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 !!! Miss Lou's coming to moonfest!!!! biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:
YAY! Lou's coming to Moonfest!!! bounce

ry you are extreamly cheeky eek ... biggrin.... but well funny.... ubblol Grover is my favorite ...so that's all good anyway.... but hey if you are wearing my costume ... i will be nakeeee! eek .... and until we have a "Nude Moon" fest that just wont do wink

.:*wiggles butt saying poo alot*:.

and hey... the whole underarm hair thing... what's with that?... am i meant to have underarm hair to fit into "hippy" culture??? I really think it's quite a funny thing... and I'm not going to grow my underarm hair to fit into hippy culture anymore than I'm going to shave to fit into mainstream society... It's just hair, and I have plenty of it on my head... shrug

Now dragar405325 wave Moonfest is every fullmoon at Shorncliffe beach... Moora Park (which is on Park parade in shorncliffe... then just walk down the hill to the beach level... we hang out on the grass at the bottom of the hill close-ish to the rock jetty) all the dates for this year are in the first post of this thread smile ....we gather around dusk/sunset/moonrise.... some of us come down a little earlier in the arfternoon for a sun-play juggle jam kinda thing (SUNfest) biggrin juggle weavesmiley grouphug

and i think ry covered just about everything else up there... smile*:.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

ry you are extreamly cheeky eek ... biggrin.... but well funny.... ubblol Grover is my favorite ...so that's all good anyway.... but hey if you are wearing my costume ... i will be nakeeee! eek .... and until we have a "Nude Moon" fest that just wont do wink

.:*wiggles butt saying poo alot*:.

and hey... the whole underarm hair thing... what's with that?... am i meant to have underarm hair to fit into "hippy" culture??? I really think it's quite a funny thing... and I'm not going to grow my underarm hair to fit into hippy culture anymore than I'm going to shave to fit into mainstream society... It's just hair, and I have plenty of it on my head... shrug

lol naked moonfest! The one where people have to go to extra effort not to wear a costume ubblol *shivers*

And hey, don't get me wrong.. I very much prefer less bodyhair on girls anyway- makes them look sleeker and more streamlined. wink ubbidea *wondering whether I could beat Ian Thorpe in the 100m freestyle if he had underarm hair..*

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
eek costume! arg! i forgot about that!!! anyone got any ideas?! i'll have saturday morning to get something together... umm

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
um can I dress up as Kristy?

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Written by: Valura

um can I dress up as Kristy?

no one could do it better than you sweetpea wink

though give the troy-monster a hint of an idea and he might give it a try eek ubblol

LOL wouldn't that be an idea!! We all show up disguised as *someone else* at moonfest. And the treasure hunt would be on to "find ourselves" confused
ubblol ubbrollsmile

"Be the Bunny"

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
If everyone stuck to that theme, wouldn't that just be the weirdest moonfest ubblol

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
hehehe yeah we could do it secret santa style - pick names out of a hat

ubbidea *takes emergency stilt-walking lessons in case I get Phaerie* biggrin (pssst, love you gorgeous girl hug)

"Be the Bunny"

3,492 posts

Posted:
oh my god

that would be insane and bonkers! ubbloco but very funny ubblol ....I'd love to see what someone would do to dress up as me... (imagines mop on head peace) ubblol

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:

(imagines mop on head peace) ubblol

... and fire on backside help devil biggrin clap

"Be the Bunny"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Written by: Ry

Not to mention we all know all the hippies live in West End.. ubblol

spank spank and one to grow on spank

*goes on moving strike*

hey Ry, sounding good on that saxamaphonkle buddy. Ry's one saxy beast cool kiss

"Be the Bunny"

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Written by: sureau

(imagines mop on head peace) ubblol

... and fire on backside help devil biggrin clap

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol Wonder who else gets this reference.. and no, it's not because Elke eats too much spicy food.. devil

Saxy beast?? ubblol Thanks.. I think?

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ok Im gunna do this I reckon...maybe Ill go as paul... Im about the same height ubblol ubblol ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
i have to go to a 21st with a fancy dress theme too!! eek that one the theme is M...i'm thinking me! ubblol or maybe medusa...or a masochist...or muriel! ubblol

but i still haven't thought of anything else for moonfest...hey can i come as moonfest?! umm not sure how that costume would look though... ubbloco

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
Written by: Valura

ok Im gunna do this I reckon...maybe Ill go as paul... Im about the same height ubblol ubblol ubblol

ubblol
you might need to shave your head and grow some hair on ya chest for that one to work hun... highly amusing thought though!!!

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
what do you mean GROW some hair on my chest? The baby hormones are still [censored] with my body!

JOKES...

ewwwwww biggrin biggrin ubblol ubblol

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
*imagines chicken with a hairy pirate chest...*

eek

*runs away*

ubbloco ubblol

Page: ...