Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey lovely Moonfesties!*:.

Well, it’s that time again… yummy fruits to feast on those hot humid days… the smell of summer blossoms in the warm summer breeze… Must be time for the SUMMER Moonfests!!!

The summer ones are always a bit bigger than the winter ones… as people are more willing to come out from there snuggley warm homes and run around under the moonlight frolicking about on the beach*:.

So the Summer and 2006 Moonfest dates are………………::::::*

Dec Friday 16th (last for 2005)

.:*2006*:.

January Sat 14th

February Mon 13th

March Wed 15th

April Fri 14th

May Sat 13th

June Mon 12th

July Tues 11th

August Wed 9th

September Fri 8th

October Sat 7th

November Sun 5th

December Tues 5th

.:*2007*:.

January Wed 3rd

Moonfest is a drug and alcohol free gathering at Moora Park Shorncliffe foreshore. Every full moon from Sundown (or earlier in the arvo for a juggle jam play and picnic) Bring along your instruments, drums, fire toys (+ fuel & safety gear) twirly whirly toys and magick makers… dress up.. Have a ball…bring your friends, have fun and frolic under the luminous Moon and sparkling stars*:… bring a picnic dinner, or grab a bight to eat from the local Café on the Park… Please take ALL your rubbish and belongings with you when you leave…..:* Moonfest is for fun!*:. Come and BE the festival…. Festive*all …. ALL FESTIVE… It is the beautiful people who come along each month that make this gathering such a gorgeous one… so thank YOU beautiful people! Moonfest is growing into its 10th year!*:. It will be our 10 year anniversary this coming Spring Moonfest (Friday 8th September 2006) So a huge big thankyou to all of you for coming along each month and making this the amazing beautiful thing it has grown to be. …………::::*

Other upcoming events…

*:.Earthcore is this Saturday 3rd December www.earthcore.com.au

*:.Woodford Folk Festival 27th Dec 05 ~ 1st Jan 06 there’s a cap on ticket sales for the first time this year … and tickets are selling out fast! www.woodfordfolkfestival.com

*:.A couple of Earthy Gorgeous Goddessy Gatherings and camping like lovely things happening over this summer… too gorgeous to mention in one sentence… contact Gillian for more info (07) 5446 7470

*:.The Summer Solstice is 22nd December … chances are there will be some lovely happenings around this time… if not we should make one yeah?

So yeah… there you have it… a load of moonfest dates and a few fun things to do this summer… have a happy Summer and hopefully we’ll catch up along the way*:.

Summer blossoms, fresh fruit, and joyful juicy bits to you all!*:.

Love Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1154653542)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
WELL DONE!!! WICKED WORK JARON!! clap clap clap

that was SOOO aaaAAAAWWWWSSSSOOOOOooommme dude!!

I loved the way you combined amazing stuff *thomas* with kids and beginners, all getting into it! that's moonfest!

*considers engaging firetricks to set up the world's hottest security cameras*

I noticed watching about the fourth time through though that there seemed a definite lack of lady spinners in the vid...

Next time wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
awww gabe... that is just horrible... I wouldn't have expected it either... I know I left all my stuff lying around unattended all the time, just never gave it a 2nd thought...

it was lovely to meet u by the way... and catch up again with everyone else. moonfest really is the most wonderful evening... fire, friends, drums, dancing, everything... just wonderful

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
thats poo Gabe Honey. hug hug

Want to run away with me to a quiet place where we can sort a way to stop crap happening to us

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
 Written by: like my poi, my heart is on fire

I love the start in the movie, that mouththrow how the hell did you come up with that idea wink

I LOVE IT!

Keep spinning!

//Thomas

Hahaha I have no idea thomas :P

Thanks so much for the inspriation with Poi, I don't think I will ever look at it the same. wink

Thanks for a great 2 nights ! Remember your always welcome to come and stay at the Fire Tricks Household. smile

Take it easy bro. weavesmiley

enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

WELL DONE!!! WICKED WORK JARON!! clap clap clap
that was SOOO aaaAAAAWWWWSSSSOOOOOooommme dude!!

I loved the way you combined amazing stuff *thomas* with kids and beginners, all getting into it! that's moonfest!

*considers engaging firetricks to set up the world's hottest security cameras*

I noticed watching about the fourth time through though that there seemed a definite lack of lady spinners in the vid...
Next time wink

Hey thanks Gabe. smile

Yer it was a great night, Moonfest is sooooo totallyyyy aaaAAAAWWWWSSSSOOOOOooommme (Does Head Movements)

Was great seeing so many kids getting into the fire toys, and to see a kid out class my flat mate... well money couldn't buy that happiness. smile

I will be sure to get more ladies in the next moonfest vid, hopefully I will have a decent camera by then too.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to say hi, but there were sooo many people with soooo many questions biggrin Next time for sure !

YAY for another great Moonfest.. weavesmiley

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
next time... aha..
I will be in Spain next Moonfest!

But You can say HI at my going away party next Saturday night, no? wink

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Oh i should be able to make this one two so thats a big plus right there .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

next time... aha..
I will be in Spain next Moonfest!

But You can say HI at my going away party next Saturday night, no? wink

Ohh Spain hey... lucky you :P How long you there for ?

Would love to come say Hi on Saturday... if only I could remember how to get to your place lol... its been a while ubblol

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Hiya Gabe,
Will miss your party! frown Oh wells see you in Europe!!!!!!
there will be much spinny fun. I fly over in about 4 weeks Weeeeeee!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
gabe! i may have a mobile for elly! biggrin pm is on it's way!!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Awesome! Thanks so much, Gita! There have been a few people offer a mobie now, and that is great cos I think it is such a vital safety thing for a girl to have one. In fact if I had had my mobile on me at Moonfest it might have avoided her bag getting stolen...lesson learned for mummy...

I will PM my address to anyone who needs it for the partay, OK!
Cheers
G

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
*clears his throat*

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I shall be at the next moonfest! biggrin

bounce

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

3,492 posts

Posted:
YAY!!!! bounce

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

shroomoSILVER Member
16 posts
Location: South London/Brighton (Surrey/Sussex), United King...

Posted:
Im sorry if i've completley missed it in amongst the posts but where is it going to be this year? And it is on sat 16/12/06!? Im sorry, i dont want to annoy anybody!
Take care xx

[INSERT HALF DECENT SIGNATURE HERE]

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Shroomo,

you have missed it somewhat! It's all in the first post of this thread... wink

Moonfest is a monthly event that is held on the beach at Moora Park, Shorncliffe, Brisbane, Qld, Australia. It is held on the night of the Full Moon... whatever night of the week that is.

As listed on the first post; December Moonfest will be on Tuesday 5th December.

You thinking of coming over? If you are going to be around Oz or Qld at that time of year, also come to Woodford Festival, about an hour north of Brisbane, between Xmas and New Year.

shroomoSILVER Member
16 posts
Location: South London/Brighton (Surrey/Sussex), United King...

Posted:
Brisbane as in Australia!? Ok! I may not be able to join you for that! A plane to the other side of the world probably isn't within my budget! I hope you all have a PHAT time though!
xxx

[INSERT HALF DECENT SIGNATURE HERE]

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol damn! we nearly had another one coming to moonfest!! tongue

3,492 posts

Posted:
*giggles*

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
How about I make enough noise for 2? wink

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce

The_Magnesium_Masterjourneyman
97 posts

Posted:
Re this post on the moonfest website

" From: abracadabramajik Sent: 16/05/2006 10:56 AM

Hey there..

Last Saturday night at Moon Fest i found myself really aware of the amount of rubbish left on the ground after the majority of people left by 10:30. I was trying to wind my group up to head home, concsious of the recent emails about noise volume after this time out of respect for the neighbours. Then out came the cracking whip and the cruising past police. Basically I felt myself becoming a little frustrated and annoyed with the atmosphere last weekend and i'm interested to know if anyone shares the same view?? or not.. Please let me know if i seem to be an over-narky,to-easily-concerned-moonfest-patriot..

.:* A. ."

I have to reply here as the reply function on that website seems to not accept me since I last reformatted my hard drive. I thought it was a great atmosphere except for the bag thief. There was only an isolated pocket of drunk people leaving rubish behind that I saw, certainly not the norm for most of us.

The cracking whip was only out for a few minutes and was put away as soon as anyone realised it could be clearly heard in the car park. mabey it could be used in future on anyone caught stealing bags or leaving rubbish behind.

I think that was one of the best moonfests in recent times

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
To .:* A:

I apologise if the whipcracking may have offended you- I was the one who brought the whip.

I did let off a few cracks, but after that, a few other people I didn't know borrowed it and cracked it over and over again. It was difficult to get it back because they just kept passing it around.

I did manage to get it back in the end and kept it as soon as I realised it was clearly audible in the carpark, as well as to prevent other people from snatching it.

Will restrict it to daytime in future. Apologies.

But yes, as Adrian mentions, I personally thought it was one of the better Moonfests in recent times.

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
Ry, I don't think the original author of that comment reads HoP, and don't think anyone else has a problem with moonfest... so don't worry too much... smile

Since it has all come up though, It is worth mentioning that people have been recently asked to keep noise to a minimum after 10pm, in respect to the local residents (mostly relevant to drummers, but I guess whips might count too wink
This message may not have made it's way all around the moonfest community (we have mainly just been chatting to the drummers about it), and I know it is tricky with the lack of watches around the spinning folks to keep track.. but am sure collectively we can make sure moonfest doesn't get any complaints.. after running happily for the past 10 years or whatever I think we should be right smile

If you would like to express your point of view to "A" maybe try the moonfest website.. don't understand why you can't access it Adrian.. msn can be funny sometimes, I will try to nut it out...

3,492 posts

Posted:
...yeah that msn sight can be wierd ....wont exept me sometimes and I'm the soposed to me the freekin manager rolleyes

yeah personally I LOVED last moonfest... like *particularlly* so ubblove grouphug biggrin smile .... just had a real yummy vibe .... maybe it just depends what mood ya in biggrin

I thought people were pretty respectful with the noise restrictions and things really did start winding down at an appropriate time ....considering too that this has only *just* come up as an issue and word has spread round pretty well considering it's such a big group with losta noisey things biggrin ....I think when the police did drive by to check it out they saw that everyone was peacefully packing up and on their way home anyway.... they didn't even bother getting out of the car smile

mmm so yeah I had a beautiful one ubblove the moon was shining her beautiful moonbeams down on us... the drum circle went OFF at a few grovey moments! and i finnally burnt in my yummy clubs biggrin ... felt good... even though I was faffing about with them a little heheheheh ubblol the lovely wedding vibes added a beautiful energy to the gathering and everyone that I could see was so very smilie biggrin smile ubbangel

I think I'll be writing up a Warm Fuzzy Winter moon letter soon biggrin ubblove smile hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ..... with a lil reminder about taking rubbish with you and being respectful and courteous to the neibours and winding things down at 10pm .... I'm thinking.... particularlly in the winter months when it's a little cooler and also the afternoon sun is just lusciously delightful and the sparkles on the water and all that yummness .... we can encourage the gathering to start a lot earlier .... so everyone still gets there good dose of bliss for the month ... we'll just move the whole festy a little earlier 'ey?

clap biggrin clap

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well I also loved the last few Moonfests... though I fear the stealy goblin that took my daughter's bags got away with money, phone and some other nice stuff. May make them more inclined to return... and they were nasty enough types to have risked stranding an obviously young girl with outmoney or phone...(they took it within 5 mins so they would have seen her put the stuff under the sleeping bag)

So let's do some goblin repelling ritual, and I look forward to seeing you all safe in September!!

3,492 posts

Posted:
yeah... that really dose suck gabe.... poor Elly frown ....I'll deffinately be putting the word out about that too... and if anyone saw anything or found any items left behind at the end of the night or whatever... and generally for people to keep an eye on things... sux though hey... like ya wanna be able to just relax and have a lovely time and go play and not have to worry about ya stuff getting nicked.... I suppose with the gathering getting a bit bigger and not knowing everyone around we can't be quite so trusting frown

and gabey... have a fun adventure! and give everyone big snugs from me k? ubblove hug grouphug big yummy squishy ones! ubblove

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I cant wait to come back to moofnest again! Hopefully I will get to visit sometime this year soon, cos I miss youse!

biggrin

Maybe this time I wont be so shy adn will go dance in the drumming circle... hehe.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I love everything about moonfest.

The way that people join together who were formerly strangers and leave as friends.

The way that people share energy,tricks and love with one another and leave smiling because they have gotton so many positive things from the exchange.

The way that familys can come to moonfest and not be in fear of some drunk or drug addled weirdos putting them in danger.

The way that people from all over the world know about moonfest and change travel plans JUST to come and share the energy.

The way that ALL these beautiful things happen every month, becasue two of my best friends in the world had a family party ten years ago and were generous enough with their time and their energy to extend thier idea, allowing anyone to come and recapture the magic.

I am so thankful Bec and Elke that you are so loving to give your time and energy, time and time again for us all.
I know how hard you both work and that it must get tiring and sometimes you must feel like just curling up in bed and resting... but your always there.

That you liase with police and council on our behalf and then still keep things safe for everyone.

I espically love how moonfest has such a great reputation for being safe and that I have never heard of ANYONE being in physical danger at moonfest whether it be from another person or fire.
That is a massive accomplishment in itself.

Thank you to Bec and Elke and to everyone who makes Moonfest such a magikal place to gather.

*blows fairy dust kisses to Bec and Elke* ubblove ubblove

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Valura

The way that people join together who were formerly strangers and leave as friends.
The way that familys can come to moonfest and not be in fear of some drunk or drug addled weirdos putting them in danger.
I espically love how moonfest has such a great reputation for being safe and that I have never heard of ANYONE being in physical danger at moonfest whether it be from another person or fire.
That is a massive accomplishment in itself.

I like those bits best of all... biggrin I had my 3 boys with me, masters 6, 9 and 12 @ my 1st moonfest (april) and with the hundreds of people everywhere neither they or I felt any danger towards them at any time.

It's a beautiful thing... and given that I've only recently discovered moonfest, I'm so looking forward to the next 10 years. biggrin bounce hug

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
and we are so damn glad that you found moonfest too pogo... now you just have to find our house for tea one night! biggrin

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Page: ...