MiKe7Gravity's Favourite
124 posts

Posted:
I've recently recieved some chain poi (for my birthday) and, as much as I love them, I've noticed that one chain has an extra link (or the other is missing a link?). One chain has 35 links, the other 34. Has anyone else found this with their chains or have an easy way to remove a chain link?

Juggle 'til I drop!

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
1 chain link shouldn't really make any difference to your spinning so I would just leave it. If you're really intent then you should be able to do it with a pair of pliers, depending on the chain, but this will weaken the chain and make it very likley that the link will open up again.

If they are fire poi, then you should definately leave them, as it is too dangerous to have a weak link, and like I say, won't affect your spinning.

Unless they are attached to the handles or poi head in a way where you can fix the chain to the handle/poi head without having to open up a link on a chain, in which case you could remove the one on the end, if you are really bothered.

But my advice would really be just to leave them, its not worth it and will make no difference.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Just get some sort of wire cutter and cut one link off. Should be very easy.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

MiKe7Gravity's Favourite
124 posts

Posted:
OKay, thanks. I should be able to cut one link off the end pretty easily. I just wanted to make sure before doing so. I though maybe they were meant to be like that. <_<

Thanks once again. You've put my mind at ease.

Juggle 'til I drop!

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
biggrin hehehe.
(icon):)

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
defiiently sort them out so they are the same lentgth, spinning with different length poi is extra confusing.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

mattpoiBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
although.. too different length chains is a ready-made excuse for anything poi related. could come in handy?

i just cant get the behind the back weave -- i think its because my chains are different length.....
i'm so sorry i set fire to your lawn! see, my right chain, has an extra ballchain and....

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
sometimes i use one rediculously short chain or rope or whatever. It makes for a cool effect. Can't do anything advanced with it because it throws the balance off.

Anyway! cutting one link off THE END shouldn't be terribly hard. I know I'm anal about my chains being the same. I made my current set and had to count the links about 7 times just to make sure they were even.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

fire_rhettMember
16 posts

Posted:
My current set is completely even(made them myself) but I have been working on uneven lengths. The balance is messed up but you can also use that to your advantage and start working on moving the shorter poi indepedantly and can come up with some interesting stuff. It takes a lot of cordination but it is something to think about.

Only boring people get bored

PINKY: What shall we do tonight Brain?
BRAIN: Same thing we do ever night Pinky.........
TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD