• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

TheGoat

TheGoat

Total posts: 11
Posted:Hello HoP!

We now have a regular fire night running on Hyde Park, tues from 7pm till 9pm. Just look for a bonfire on the main field. All skill levels welcome. Bring toys and paraffin/fuel donations. Drummers, etc are v.welcome.

Any questions? - just ask! And big love to everyone who's already made it down. See you all Tuesday! biggrin

EDITED_BY: Goat (1133032762)

Delete Topic

matty390
GOLD Member since Aug 2005

Total posts: 71
Posted:hey is this the meet i got a flyer for at leeds juggling fest?
im down on tues straight away. may bring others too
also can i bring my didge along?
matt

Delete

TheGoat

TheGoat

Posted:Hiya Matt,
Yep, we were flyering the Leeds juggling convention, not sure if I met you, I was the guy doing contact staff in the show. Come say hi on tuesday and please feel free to bring your didge and any other toys you can think of, the more the merrier!

Delete

SeanfromLeeds
BRONZE Member since Nov 2005

stranger

Total posts: 12
Posted:I have plans to make it down one night. I was planning last Tuesday but didn't fancy the drive in the fog. Eric said you lot were out in the park even though it was dismal.

I'm looking forward to making it soon (I have nicked a fire diabolo from work especially, hopefully I'll get ahold of a second one soon.)

Sen

P.s. thanks to all who made it to the convention, I hope you enjoyed it.

Delete

TheGoat

TheGoat

Posted:!!! Fire Circle tonight !!!

Delete

BoomShankar
GOLD Member since Jul 2003

BoomShankar

Total posts: 95
Posted:dunno if you'll get this before tonight sen but spink's got my old fire diabolo, should try and convince him to come through. Bill - have you got a scanner to put the flier up on here? it'd be good if we had a map up, though it is pretty easy to find fire spinners.
Hope you bring your didge matt i'd like to hear some of the stuff you were on about before. Have you got any wick for your fire star yet?
In a bit, Wolfie.

progger

Delete

TheGoat

TheGoat

Posted:Hmm.... I'll see what I can do about getting a map up.

Delete

matty390

Posted:hey there nah no wick yet but taped some glowsticks on the end biggrinto see the effect
cant do palmspin with mine either lol i think i flattened them too much but ill find a way

but ye sorry i couldnt come down this week found out i had
an exam in the morning but im down next week, leaving bout
8:30 tho. ill bring ma didge spesh 4 u wolfieubblol,
matt

Delete

BoomShankar

BoomShankar

Posted:nice one mate looking forward to it- i lunched it out this week as well. Ive just bought a roll of wick if you need any by the way. Where did you get the tubing for your star from? I need a good supplier..

progger

Delete

matty390

Posted:Ikea biggrin, the best shop ever, i got 2 190 cm tubes 4 about 5 quid,
i could do with some wicking for it though,
dunno if i can make it down on tuesday this week
i might be in cyprus. if im not ill be down to see you
hug2for everyone
matt

Delete

matty390

Posted:hey sorry cant come down on the 13th but ill be down the week after anyone else going to be there??
matt

Delete

BoomShankar

BoomShankar

Posted:Dont see why not. What were you saying last time bout how you made your star more rigid, something about a ball hammer?

progger

Delete

matty390

Posted:yeah i had a hammer with a half ball (metal)on one end and just kept hammering till it was totally flat but only in the very centre then drilled it. smile

but i had an idea, if you put locking washers or rubber washers in between each section it would make it more rigid,

jus a thought biggrin

matt

EDITED_BY: matty390 (1134502514)

Delete

BoomShankar

BoomShankar

Posted:sounds like a plan with the washers. ill make some better designs when/if i get back from spain. You coming tomorrow? There'll be a better turn out this week honest! biggrin

progger

Delete

matty390

Posted:hey jus querying are the meets still on on a tuesday, thinkin of starting to come up again now its warmed up,
matt

Delete