SmOfmember
51 posts

Posted:
this morning one of the guys in my class copped a beating from one of the others...it was the most disturbing thing i think ive ever seen. Joph must have said something to James and he just snapped..he had Joph pinned under a desk and was laying into him with his knee, then he pulled him up and punched him in the face...there was blood and -gulp- bits of Jophs tooth over the floor. and our useless excuse for a teacher was pulling the wrong people apart and saying stupid things like 'now now boys, lets calm down now please' arghhhhhhhhhh!

needed to vent! the guys in my class arent small either, seeing 2, 6 foot 16yr olds having a go at each other is damn scary!

Perfectly insane O.o

>>lover of chocolate biscuits<<

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Go tell a teacher you trust.

I was always the one in my class who would tell a teacher if something was up.

It faaaar better when the teachers know that something is up as they can actively look out for it, and know what to do to stop it.

Trust me, it will be neither the first nor the last time that teachers have to deal with fighting pupils.

SmOfmember
51 posts

Posted:
they know all about it frown...the boys were fighting in the middle of class, we'd only been at school about 45 minutes.
jophiel was being a royal w*&^er to james...

i dont know whether its reasonable, but im not sure who im more angry with..joph for being so sick towards james, james for reacting or the teacher for not doing nething to prevent it...they were yelling at each other for ages before it got physical. our teacher's not very clued in...

Perfectly insane O.o

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
THen make a complaint about the teacher.
You have the right to be taught just as much as the teachers have the right to teach.

There is no spoon. confused

SmOfmember
51 posts

Posted:
spoon? reminds me...im hungry hungry..

we are making a complaint, its not the first time we've had reason to

dont know if its weird or not, but my first reaction was to clean up all the blood off the floor, i got it all over my jeans but i didnt care...until after lunch when i got a really bright image of jophs face and all the blood running down his face and i started to cry...silly u think?

Perfectly insane O.o

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
The teacher should have separated them long before it got physical. Usually by sending out the antagoniser (if caught early) or the one likely to lose his temper and lash out (if it had been left late). Then he could talk to each boy separately, then together if necessary.

Once it got physical; the teacher is allowed to physically restrain pupils that pose an immediate threat. (although depends how big the teacher is! I'm only ickle)

Letting a situation like that develop is not a good thing. Speak to head of department, or head of year, someone you trust as suggested by UCOF.

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Speak to your teacher about it and express your concerns. If you don't get a positive reponse go to your head of year and progress it there. It might help to maybe ask tell your parents about it and if things don't sort themselves ask them to write a letter to the school expressing their concerns. This can all done without your classmates knowing. Hope it sorts itself out.

Gayle.....!

SmOfmember
51 posts

Posted:
thats what i was thinking...surely given, the teachers only new, but still, there was so much he could have done...these guys werent trying to be quiet bout what they were doing.

James gets bullied a fair bit any day. today he'd been leaving the classroom to calm himself down, a couple of the girls gave him a hug n told him he'd b alright, then joph came over and hugged him too n making snide remarks about james being soft...no one needs to hear that.

me and another mate are thinking of writing to the college of teachers (which are the organisers of our school), do you think thats the best thing to do?

Perfectly insane O.o

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"silly u think? " - Not at all. As REM said: Everybody cries. smile

"James gets bullied a fair bit any day." - Sort that out straight away. Tell a teacher the next time you are in school. Bullying sucks and I would know. Ive had my fair share on both sides.

juggle

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Plus, it's not just the boys involved, it's at least affecting you as well, if not others in the class. The situation needs to be dealt with now. If the staff can't or won't, take it further, but take it higher up within the school first if you can.

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

SmOfmember
51 posts

Posted:
thanks so much guys hug

Perfectly insane O.o