Forums > Technical Discussion > firetoys fibreglass contact staff

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
has anyone tried / got any opinions on these?

https://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/Firetoys_Firbre_Pro_contact_Staff.html

cheers

Ezra / Quiet

ture na sig

jackyneoSILVER Member
48 posts

Posted:
it is a very good staff,i have one with me also..

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
firetoys phoned me and said i could have a refund - cool. they also said they'd send a courier to pick it up next day - cool.
they haven't done either, my staff has been boxed by the door for 4 days now, no refund either cos they haven't got it back yet. so this has meant four days without staff, which is shite... and i'm going to use it this weekend no doubt, and i reckon if i use it too much, they won't refund me cos it'll be too well used. this is turning into a gay rant so i'll stop now, laters.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I found one of the inner threaded bolts on mine was broken last night, and the aluminium tube either end has come loose from the fibre core, not happy about that, I've mailed firetoys and can but wait and see what happens now,

I've got my first gig next week so they'd better sort it out fast..

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I had a call from Firetoys, they promised to replace the staff as fast as they could, had a bit of a chat about my likes and dislikes, and Steve said they're developing a slightly newer version at the moment to try and address some issues, if mine fails again it would be replaced with one of them.

we agreed on a Tuesday delivery of a new staff and pickup of the old one, then he rang me back 2 minutes later to say it could actually be done for Monday if it was ok with me

so, basically, absolutely awesome customer service so far if you ask me smile

EDITED_BY: Yakumo (1160754117)

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Courier turned up Monday as promised, I'd stayed in all day and he didn't turn up till after 5 but that's no-ones fault..

Firetoys even bundled in a bunch of spare bolts (both parts) for me cool

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
..........and here i was thinking my 5mm aluminium tubewith tennis racket grip was dandy ubblol

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
i recieved a surprise fibreIII in the post a few weeks back. after a thorough testing i have decided its exactly the same as the other one apart from the bolts are holding strong, so thats that sorted.
mags thinks its slightly heavier, i don't.
its got a pink handle.
the marker lines on the grip are snazzier.
it still hurts when you clip your ear.
its still scary when it gets stuck inside your jumper.
you'll end up like stallone after doing doubles with these bastards.
they fit in a car boot.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I don't really like yhe new fietoys staff.... the grip rips your hair off and the weight is far too central not enough at the ends,

however, the 160cm is VERY easy to do matrix after matrix etc... not so good in the vertical / wall plane though. I agree the handle and markr linmes are snazzy

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
theres a 160?! a 160 with that grip would be so easy to use. they should do a 150 i reckon, be just right (for me) the weight things alright for me, but then i have nothing particularly to compare it to... not to bothered about the hair thing (but it does sting sometimes!) i've got bald lines running around my body smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
My friend Simon is a Mod on Firetoys, he has the new fibre contact 160 to road test and keep, it's great for horizontal plane but vertical and wall plane are a bit iffy as the weight all seems to be centralised and it occassionally stalls when doing jesuses etc.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Cuh, imagine that, being a mod on Firetoys, who'd do such a thing eh? wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I wonder ubblol they'd have to be crazy wink

Page: