Forums > Help! > INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL - Fire Equipment VS customs

Login/Join to Participate

Mogsynewbie
8 posts

Posted:
Hi Hooooooooo....

Its off to New Zealand I go.

well, on the 19th of December at any rate for a much needed escape from the ever declining British weather.

"How can this story sour?" I hear you ask, Read on....

I had a horrible thought in bed last night that I don't know what customs peeps are like with things Like Fire Poi, Ropes and Staffs?

I can't think of any reason why there would be a problem but in this day and age with the ever increasing belief that everything could blow up or hit other things due to the blanket of fear thrown over the public by the leaders of this planet I would be seriously displeased to have them confiscated when I get half way round the world.

Any of your thoughts or experiences on this subject would be greatly appreciated. As Im sure you can understand the one country that i would want to have my fire equipment is NZ.

Any whooop, Many thanks, bIg love etc...

Mogsy

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I could tell what my reply was before I read the thread wink

This topic has been discussed more times that you have had hot dinners. Honestly! biggrin

As you are new, we shall be gentle smile

Go here: [Old link] (it was 14 posts down frown )and read that.

Basically: Stick them in your hold luggage, and keep schtum about them being there. If they are found and you are asked about them, say they are peices of juggling equipment.

hug

Hope that helps!

(at least I hope thats what you are talking about)

Mogsynewbie
8 posts

Posted:
ubblol hahahahaha, ubblol

Thankyou for being so gentle!I must admit I was in a rush when I posted so I didn't really have a look around. I will have a look first in future.

Had a look at some of the other posts, some good ideas hopefully I'll get through unscaved. I'll post on this thread again to let everyone know if I got through.

Thanxs again for the reply.

Mogsy ubbrollsmile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
smile

bounce bounce2 bounce

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'm going to lock this thread now. Thank UCOF for being ever so nice and helpful!