Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Crucifix Wrap / Christ Helix?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
arms out crucifix style, spinning wheel plane in one hand, staff travels along & around arm towards body, under armpit, across body (back for forwards spin, chest for reverse) over opposite shoulder, along & round that arm to other hand.

staff stays spinning in wheelplane but just moves sideways from one hand to other

can/has it be done?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
do you mean me?

i meant:

half an angel roll, as far as first shoulder, then duck back and propellor around by the shoulder...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Oh. I take it this doesn't stay in wheel plane? Seems more a horizontal move to me. If you turned 180 degrees in the middle there somewhere MAYBE this would work... I just keep seeing a horizontal plane on this.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
no, its all vertical. well, about 80 degrees to hor.

and not turns as yt....?

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
hey Sniper, no video yet?

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
huzzah finally remembered how to bloody animate in 3ds. ok check my gallery. i know it's crappy but you should get the gist of it

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I'm fairly certain you couldn't do it standing still... Much moving about would be required, so it would spoil the whole crucifixion effect. Nice if you can pull it off though...

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
Thats just not gona work in anywhere else then deep space no matter how much you "free your mind"
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
quiet you :P

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I may have a go at this ...... I'll be back ..ubblol

I do recon you need to have your arm at at least a 45 degree angle to prevent gravity scuppering the trick almost like the ol' diablo trick with 1 stick jobbie....
EDITED_BY: Mynci (1134738822)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
NEVER!

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
um a video of you actually doing it would be more useful, computer graphics don't take into account gravity or your head (in this case)... wink

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
grr.

after relearning my angel rolls slightly differently i have started hitting myself during the armpropellor.

and now it doesnt work ubbcrying

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
I just looked at the animation, and I gotta agree with the people in the beginning of the post- it looks just like a really clean angel roll, with maybe a few arm fishtails added in.

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
where is my brick wall today?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
that's acturally looks like quite a nice move will have to give it a go.

entheogen- is not really much like an angle roll cos it's in the wheel plane which will makes the movement completely different.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
T&B: I especially want you to do the bit where it passes through your neck. That's my favourate bit.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
mmm... guillotine goodness...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

artindorilmember
117 posts

Posted:
can we get a photo, if not a video, of that?

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

T&B: I especially want you to do the bit where it passes through your neck. That's my favourate bit.

yeah that bit looks cool, maybe I should be using a hot wire instead of a staff wink

but seriously that move looks perfectly acheveable to me if you get it going over your shoulders at the right point of the rotation i.e. the point you don't rely on quntium physics to make the staff pass through your head

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Sniper

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
wow, just how I feel then!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Y'know, after posting this:
Written by:

yes I have done the move

and this:
Written by:

To avoid this getting silly, my next post will contain a video.

TheGoat has been remarkably silent.

I'd have thought that after making a claim like that, most people would rush out and get a video sorted pretty sharpish. Unless it's all hogwash of course wink

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sniper

between mcp being a censored for no valid reason other than the fact that i forgot to exactly calcutate the staff's upward velocity vs 9.81ms/s

And other than the fact that she knows her stuff and you refuse to aknowledge that and refuse to believe in the laws of gravity?

ubbangel

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sniper

you know what just forget the whole thing. between mcp being a censored for no valid reason other than the fact that i forgot to exactly calcutate the staff's upward velocity vs 9.81ms/s and everyone else refusing to realise that the video only shows the staff's motion in it's most basic form i've lost all interest in this move.

What move? You don't have a move to have lost interest in.

It would have been better to say "ok, ok, I was wrong" ...

10,530 posts

Posted:
Ah, but there is no move.

wink

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
*slap* that's what I just said spank fool!

10,530 posts

Posted:
No no no.

There is no move. At all. Not a piffle. Anywhere. Ask a hippy. He'll tell you.

smile

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
I don't need to ask a "hippy" *slap* i *slap* told *slap* you *slap* already that he doesn't have a move.

Now get back in the kitchen.

10,530 posts

Posted:
Ah... see, I thought you meant that the concept of his move didn't exist. Which it quite clearly doesn't. Because there's no such thing as a ghost staff and gravity exists. Rather than the ol' hippyish "duuuuuuuuuudee... there is no move"... ya know.. like "there is no spoon".

Dishes are done. Your turn to the do the drying wink
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1135544676)

SickWithWondermember
56 posts

Posted:
Ok, not to drag up something pointless....but i think i kinda figured out how to do this move...though it might need a new name.

propeller, but work it up your arm, as you do, you are also raising the arm up, changing planes into a matrix propeller, neck/throat wrap, depending on the direction, matrix propeller on the other side, and propeller out.

this doesnt maintain the crucifix appearance...but at least its an attemptable move.

Page: