Forums > Videos > Video of a juggling sculpture.

Login/Join to Participate

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
https://www.gregorybarsamian.com/Barsamian.swf

goto the sculpture section & click on juggler. it works in the same was a zoetrope does

edit: forgot to say that this is not my work.

EDITED_BY: The Misguided Oracle (1132440990)

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
rah! that's pretty insane... the grainy video makes it look a bit digitally done though, was it an actual sculpture? for some reason it reminds me a bit of stelarc although i dunno if you'd aprreciate me saying that... have you thought about making a spinning one? anyway, awesome work man, i'd love to actually see that in action! biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
Well, I've seen other sculptures do that, but they are much smaller things...
and i think i can kinda get the stelarc thing smile i only noticed it after you mentioned it. btw, it's not my work

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Its not actually a juggling sculpture I dont think.. It seems to be an animation of some sort. Claymation even. Perhaps its one of those new fangled digital sculptures? (ie the ones you put gloves on and sculpt out of digital clay...)

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Looks like a juggling sculpture to me... Get a bunch of "frames" together (individually posed sculptures), spin them at a rapid interval, add a timed strobe (as mentioned on the creators site) and you have the perfect illusion of movement. I dunno why the extra image funkiness in the flash movie is there.. it's annoying. But I have no reason to doubt the sculptures are real..

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I think what happens is it spins round fast and looks like its moving.

Like a 3d flip book.

Or something...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ahh, ok. I was expecting to see an actual juggling sculpture... Like robotic or something. I was still correct in saying it was an animation.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me