Forums > Social Chat > HELP!! I need advice/thoughts.....

Login/Join to Participate

Blayzen ButterflyGOLD Member
62 posts

Posted:
Ok so I moved to Penrith about 2 months ago into a friend's place and it turns out we're not really compatable as housemates. In 2 weeks his girlfriend and her son are also moving up here and I dont really want to stay in this house with them. My housemate and his girlfriend seem to argue a lot of the time and I dont really want to be around it. I have a job interview on monday for a coffee shop in Bondi and was hoping to get it so I could afford to move out. Then today I got a message from someone I used to work with and they've offered me assistant manager of service back home in Melbourne. I've really been thinking about going back home because I'm not really enjoying it here and I miss my friends and family aswell. It's also my birthday in 2 weeks and if I'm here I dont really have anyone to celebrate with. Thought about flying home for the weekend but if I get this job at the coffee shop I wont be able to. The thing is I need to make a decision in the next few days so I can get things organised if I go back to Melbourne so I'm there in time for my birthday and to start this job.

That's pretty much the short version any thoughts or advice welcome. I've thought about it so much that my brain is starting to hurt and I need someone else's perspective.

"You dozed, and watched the night revealing
The thousand sordid images
Of which your soul was constituted"

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Make a list for each location of pro's and con's. Be completely honest and do it at a time that you are not feeling home sick. That way you can get a better idea of the place that will be best for you in the long run.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

boopoiBRONZE Member
99 posts

Posted:
Do what ever makes you happiest! Where are you happier? at home or in Sydney? Remember that we only live once and you must make sure you're happy for as much of it as you can.

Just try and stay positive smile

Always remember... one MUST protect thy bread....

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Travelling and being in new places is only worthwhile if you either enjoy it or learn something from it and preferably both. It sounds like you're not doing either and you have something new and positive at home so it's not 'going back' it's going forward.

The fact you're worried about being on your own for your birthday saya alot too - though I've found that being in that situation has given me the kick up the bum I needed to start making the most of a new place and stop dwelling on what I left behind. So Skully's advice is good...

And boo is right - stay positive.

Any chance of getting down to Manchester on Sunday? You could at least meet up with some happy HoPpers either to give you support in staying and making the best of it or as a farewell before you return - PM me if you want

Good luck in whatever you decide hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
if that choice is so difficult, just move to tasmania...............problem solved

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Blayzen ButterflyGOLD Member
62 posts

Posted:
Thank you everone. I think just getting it out there helped me a lot as I didn't really have anyone I could talk to about this yesturday. I spoke to a really good friend of mine today and also took skull's advice and made a list of the pro's and con's. I've come to the conclusion that I'm happiest in Melbourne. I have had some good times but I think I prefer it as a holiday destnation. So I will be back in Melbourne in the next few days.

I feel so relieved and happy to be goning home! Yay!

"You dozed, and watched the night revealing
The thousand sordid images
Of which your soul was constituted"

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Good Luck hun. I hope it all works out wonderfully for you hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I was so totally freaked out by that, because when I first read your post, I thought you were talking about Penrith, in Cumbria Lake District, UK which is where I've lived for 16 years.

Then I realised, hey... Melborne... that's in Oz, right? Oh well... redface

Hope you have a lot of fun wherever you go.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.