Anyone got some info on this?
Every try it?
Ever seen it done... etc. etc...?

confused

Everything meets in the center...

Merlynsfiremember
13 posts

Posted:
Yup, I learnt a little whip then taught myself to make them (too expencive to buy a range of them and fun to learn). Once had it down a bit I then wanted to set fire to it of course!.
I made a fire whip out of three lengths of kevlar rope. The first thick rope was approx 6 or 7 foot long with a knot on one end. This was slid through a metal tube around 18" long of close fitting diamiter to exclue much oxygen (just fussy like that) so that it could form a handle and the knot stopped it slipping off,as did the bck up safty screw which went through the metal and kevlar and pressed to the other side of the tube. The rope was fastened at the other end with a screw through as well. On the other end of the thick rope I braided a thinner rope a foot or so long that then braided into the last and thinist section of whip rope. The braiding needs to be a few inches long to hold together under the strain of cracking but will work.
This was it's first form, I know the braids need to be a few inches long as the end one was a little rushed and short and gave. However after this the whip was only the two sections and I think perhaps better. Its rope about the thickness of the base of your thumb for the first part and then down few mm to be finger thick for the end 1-1.5 foot.
The first couple times will not work too good as the kevlar 'seasons' and blackens. Also after warming up it works better, I often light it on the floor in a heap and turn occasionaly for couple min first then put out, dip and use. It will throw BIG fire balls off the end but only two or three at full power but a little gentler on the cracking and six or severn are possable, I like circle one way, reverse and crack in front, carry on round, reverse and crackin front as a rool of alternate cracks.
It's not a long lasting effect if you crack and throw the fireballs but it looks cool and is good fun smile

I'd rather go Poi with myself!

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
sweet dude thnx for the info

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
.:does a little search dance:.

[Old link]
[Old link]
[Old link]
[Old link]

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Pixel74BRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
Fireninja have a few clips of it, and some instructions on how to make. As he says, BEWARE this is a dangerous toy, realy it is.

I love to use mine, might be because I work at the old silvermine and do shows down there where the sound is amazing smile

Sphearmember
60 posts

Posted:
Rock on guys...
PEace