Forums > Social Chat > Grrr, narrow-minded-little-son's-a ....

Login/Join to Participate

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Sigh, This really upset me.I figure maybe this has happened to some of you, so maybe you can relate, I kinda need to vent. I go to a small liberal arts school in rochester NY. I was in one of the quads today spinning along in this real smooth 3 to 4 to 5 beat weave thingy, and i overhear these, these, well, lets just call them "sterotypical-narrow-minded-athletes" all of which go to my school for next to nothing.I could write a novel about how unfair full-ride athletic scholarships are to those of us who get no "tuition assistance" and have 10 times the intellect, but that's another story. (N8 is close to 30 Grand in debt already, and is tutoring one of the previously mentioned athletes because the kid has trouble passing freshman english, sigh, but who said the world was fair.) I over hear them laughing about me.Like seriously, laughing like hell, one said, "hey look at the little circus freak" I ususally don't let this stuff bother me. (usually) but they kept egging me on, like they were talking just loud enough so they were sure I could hear them.Eric, you'd be proud.I walked over to them, mind you they were still laughing and pointing like little grammar school boys, wrappped my strings up, threw them at their feet and said,"Do better."They picked their lacrosse sticks up and left.Jerks.There, i feel better now... thanks for listening smile, if you can relate, i'd love to hear your story.N8------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Skyemember
33 posts

Posted:
People can get scholarships for playing LaCrose? Out here in the wild west that's considered a 'freak activity' itself.One thing I've got to say, I've never ever had anyone flip me any shit when I had a five-foot rattan stick in my hands.Anyway, classy comeback, you. Good job.Skye

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
at that point you let let one of your strings unravel, and clock one on the temple..."whoops did i do that?"...geez how old are these people? sad it is..seriously, you handled it well. People mock what they do not understand.Wait till you are twriling chains and fireballs, and your getting all the chicks!! (well their atttention anyway, because yoose already have a woman)F-them...check my sig, to me it sums up life, experiances, and the people whom we encounter...Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Bobmember
8 posts

Posted:
I know exactly what you are talking about, especially with the scholarship stuff. It seems like people who are at college to actually learn get screwed. But i gotta say you handled the situation well, i also liked superman's idea. Coincidentally i go to school in Rochester too, RIT to be exact. It's cool to know that there are others in the area doing this "Circus freak" smile stuff too.

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
bad situation well handled N8.last time i got any shit for spinning,(from a small crowd of early teens)( i tried really hard not to lose my temper. If you do they feel they've won),I walked slowely upto the crowd,( doing a 4-5 beat weave): stated to them that, "ignorance is bliss", and continued to walk past them (doing my best moves at the time= 4 beat weave while turning around 360)they never gave me any shite again,and after a few days, one on the girls returned, appologised and pleaded with me to teach her) smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
bravo! bravo!

strmseekrmember
6 posts

Posted:
"I think you just became my personal hero."-American Beauty

TallJugglermember
41 posts

Posted:
Where I went to school my room mate thought I was weird because I enjoyed to juggle a lot. One day I brought my unicycle to campus and that night I was outside the dorm with all the guys talking and having fun when he walks out with my unicycle laughing at me, he said, "look at this clown guys," then he jumped in the air and landed on the unicycle wrong. It slipped out from under him and he fell to the ground grabbing his groin in pain. Guedd who got the last laugh there.

Oh LordForge me in the fire of your mightLet your flames burn higher and brighterMake me pure and holy in your siteAnd cleanse me with thy consuming fire

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
wink

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Thanks everybody...Good to know I'm not alone.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
lol, at my school, i've fooled all the kids (mostly preps) into thinking that i'm cool, so as a result, anything i do instantly becomes cool too. baggy pants, bright clothes, wow!! they are suddenly cool. i bring my flower sticks to school sometimes, and ppl think they're nifty, i tried poi once, but i am still not too good at it, but ppl still thought i was cool lol. i have an FBI jacket, ppl always want to know where i get my clothing, and ask me to make them pants like what i have. i really dig the kids at my school, they are what makes it fun, its just the legalistic rules and a few teachers that frustrate me. but hey, in 4 weeks ill graduate, and i dont think ill have to deal with much of that crap if i go to college. (still not sure if i plan to) i find that if you are friendly to everyone, and different than they are, they find an unusual attraction to you, they enjoy being around you b/c you are nice to them, make them feel good, and you capture their interrest b/c they havent met anyone like you b4. of course there are always some kids that persist in calling me "fag" or whatever, but that was only at first, before they realized that all the kids that were "cooler" than they were liked and sometimes hung out w/ me lol, now the punks just ignore me, and i have alot of friends.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
n8 here's a dumb thing my uncle said when he heard that where you go to school: "hmmm, that's is a big lacrosse school, he must be a lacrosse player. is he any good?"and i was struck dumb (at the thought of you in with those idiots) and i was like "are you kidding? why would you assume that! n8's so much better than that!!"you see, my uncle can be quite closed minded, as he was one of those athletes in college too, never quite got over the egotism of it...thought you'd like to know i paid you a compliment on that subject. we all know you're better than them smile and you already know their opinions don't matter.(besides, that was an awesum way to handle the situation. i can just imagine...lol. you rock sweetheart.)

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Casey! Whoa, when did you start spinning?Man this is kinda cool, since I joined all my friends from home have too grinOh, and thanks dear, I appreciate your support.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...