bxxBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Hey hey, I was wondering what people think about using their poi short when doing fire. I quite like it myself, you can really focus on it and the movement of your wrists, and you can slow it right down and think about your form and angles and that kind of thing. Im not sure what the main move is that i like to do is called. I will look it up and let you know. Try it!

Poi and fire, just over a year now. And I love it.

bxxBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Ok, I just looked it up, and it looks like what you call a corkscrew, except it is done with the poi short (so they don't hit you), and you do it with your hands together in front of your body. Kind of like a 'weave' in front of you, and upside down.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
you can do so much more than that with short poi, anything really that you can with long poi, including my favourite, buzzsaws!
Mmmmm isolated buzzsaws *drools*

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
I just shortened my chains up so I they would be the same length as my socks. It really made my fire spinning alot better.

mmmm isolated buzzsaws + near freezing tempatures = toasty hands smile Last night it was cold out

Peace, Love, Circles

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
the corkscrew in front of you like you are describing is a great move. Typically in my opinion its a glowstringing move usually. I always break that one out in the clubs with glowsticks to mess with people. You can do it 4bt also, same as a 4bt windmill just infront of you and horizontal. Also, try doing the corkscrew like that then inturupt with a few buzzsaw beats then back into the corscrew. with practice you can also do horizontal butterflys/ttn's. quite interesting and fun. *Note a smaller poi head REALLY helps for all the inbetween the arms stuff here, hence the glowsticks...*

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

bxxBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
I am not familiar with poi terminology, being mainly self taught, so what are buzzsaws?

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Written by: Imbalance

the corkscrew in front of you like you are describing is a great move. Typically in my opinion its a glowstringing move usually. I always break that one out in the clubs with glowsticks to mess with people. You can do it 4bt also, same as a 4bt windmill just infront of you and horizontal. Also, try doing the corkscrew like that then inturupt with a few buzzsaw beats then back into the corscrew. with practice you can also do horizontal butterflys/ttn's. quite interesting and fun. *Note a smaller poi head REALLY helps for all the inbetween the arms stuff here, hence the glowsticks...*

Point your arms downwards so the poi are going between wall plane in front of you and inbetween your arms and your body and you've got a watermill as well smile

"Moo," said the happy cow.

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
yeh, just gotta watch out and not hit yourself in the netherregions doing the short inside watermill like that.

do a search for buzzsaw and you will find lots of info about it. bit difficult for me to describe in text, though the move is terribly simple to do (and hard to perfect)

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

Catsmiomember
37 posts

Posted:
Scroll down the page a bit. There's a pic of a girl doing one.

https://domorepoi.com/gallery.php

"Don't be so humble, you are not that great."