Forums > Technical Discussion > New AeroTech 16 Million Colours USB Toys soon (and price drop)

Login/Join to Participate

ImmortalNinjamember
104 posts

Posted:
Just got an email from Aerotech about their recent price drop as well as some news about their new product line:

Proballs of any 2 colour combination are now £50 each.
Also ALL globalls regardless of colour are now £30.

Sequence 16 Million Colours with the new GLO-ULTIMATE equipment.
https://www.globall.com/default.aspx?articleID=5906&heading=News

"After three years of development and 100 times over budget, we bring you the ultimate in illuminated juggling equipment.

Our standard product range is designed for on the fly programming, so with a set sequence of taps it is possible to configure a product to change colour and flash between 2 Colours.

In our new ultimate range programming has been replaced with a reprogrammable RGB (The primary colours Red, Green, Blue) light sequencing program.

Each colour of the RGB is independently programmed to run a sequence of timed events to change intensity (brightness) levels. By altering the intensity levels of the RGB it is possible to select a colour from a palette of 16 Million different colours. Time increments are controllable down to 0.1 second meaning that it is possible to create a dazzling light show which can then be synchronized with other products.

A sequence is created using a simple line of code written within a standard text editor (Note book, Word etc). The file is then downloaded to the equipment using a standard USB 2.0 connection.

By using full powered USB hubs the glo-equipment fast charges from empty to 80% charged in 2 hours.

MORE NEWS from feedback at the EJC2005

More powerful processors will be used so that each Led will now be individually controlled instead of controlling just two banks of Leds. This will be a great advantage to Poi and Staff where led colours can be better distinguished for running light sequences along the lengths of the props.
The shock sensor will be added and controlled with the sequencer so that it may be turned on/off at will.
The client processors (multiple processors to control extra Leds) in the Club handle and Staff will have its communication speed increased from 19200kbps to 1Mbps to handle the increased number of Leds to control."

If you're getting hit, move faster...

Check page 30 for Directions

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

bounce

Getting to the other side smile

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
*starts the 'vid! vid! vid!' chant*
biggrin

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Should be interesting to see how these turn out ...and there was me thinking there'd be almost no competition for my HyperLights wink

Cake or Death?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
the next question qill probably be: how impact resistant are they?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: *HyperLight

Should be interesting to see how these turn out ...and there was me thinking there'd be almost no competition for my HyperLights wink

Dont worry, if previous colour to cost ratios are maintained at aerotech I imagine we'll be looking at paying at least £10,000 per unit.

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ubblol oh ye cynical one wink

hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'm just jealous after seeing Hugo (UgoAgogo on here) playing with his 2 aerotech staffs every time we went out or had a party.

and cynical wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im just jealous that you get to see Hugo more than me.

Hug the hippy for me please smile

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: UnbeatenChampionOfFighting

Im just jealous that you get to see Hugo more than me.

Hug the hippy for me please smile

I will when I see him. smile

He's been hiding down in Kent putting straw (or hay or some other kind of dried grass) on cottage roofs.
I was digging through some CD's a few days ago and found a copy of his "Hipp-E's" track. Ahh the memories biggrin ...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Has anyone seen the Feeding the Fish toys?

Whimper...

They are beautiful ubblove

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Feeding the fish???!?!?! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
www.feedingthefish.com smile

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
You mean those arent aerotech toys they are using? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yes and No...

https://www.feedingthefish.com/technol.htm

biggrin

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
hehe i read that after i put up my last post... silly me! xxx

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
biggrin

I saw their show in Belfast as part of the 20th anniversary celebrations for the circus school... they rocked!

I spoke to them afterwards... apparently they started off with aerotechs (apparently were involved with making the first aerotech), but ended up making their own toys.

They are programmable (their show is completely choreographed to music) with fantastic changing colours. They have one strobe that looks like the toy is white, but when it is waved through the air shows up as rainbow colours... biggrin

They did a bit of poi... but their club juggling and passing was splendid.

Toys not for sale though (understandably) frown