Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Using the hand sticks not your hands like those lazy staffers. Yeah i've just learnt forwards fishtails, just about, on both hands. At the mo i'm cheating a bit by using a flower stick for abit more controll (and to protect my living room). I've heard of this furtner fish alla devilstick.de i can do the furtner fish but buzzsaw is just so damn boring to me (i know i haven't explored the possibilities etc) so i've learnt fishtails from proppellor which gives some nice potiential.

post here and tell me about devil stick fishtails, i am clay mould me!

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
ask t&b. He can do more than me with staff on staff fishies. Plus staff on staff fishies are harder than devilstick ones. Silly little devilistickers.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i can do them(with dsticks) but DsAds is your man for true beauty on these ones.

a cheat is to angle your thumb against the handstick and create a gap for the stick to fish in.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

ZauberdachSometimes sword wofter
199 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

ask t&b. He can do more than me with staff on staff fishies. Plus staff on staff fishies are harder than devilstick ones. Silly little devilistickers.

fish!!!! Your father was eaten by a fish!!!!

IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of a sane person.

"just get the f**k on with it and make me the anti-christ already!"

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I've promised a couple of people on firetoys that I'll do a video of some DS fishtaily stuff next week when I go back to stoke.

Probably do it with my oversized flowerstick so its easy to see.

I've been trying to work on passes between the handsticks and moving a fishtail from your stick to your hand and back.
Hopefully I'll be able to do some of it properly before I get to the camera...

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
stick to hand sounds good, the furtner fish is a hand to hand one, or so you mean more complex and interesting like?

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I've been toying with passing reverse fishtails stick to stick which (I'm sure you can do them better than me) look a bit different to forward ones. I cant quite spot the point to switch hands without diong a small throw first confused

I'm also playing with taking a reverse fishtail from what looks a bit like a saw plane over my head and making it go forwards. Its sounds a bit stupid and looks a bit messy but I'm sure it will come together eventually.

I'm also interested in (but havent even tried yet) holding the sticks half way and doing fishy stuff with the bottom of the stick - inverted fishtails?

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
that sounds progressive, your definatley better than me as i haven't learn't reverse fishtails yet. but soon, oh yes very soon mwhahahaha ... ahem sorry.

That saw plane fishtail over the head will work because you can do it with normal saw but you throw it over your head and turn 180 to catch it reverse. maybe try throwing instead.

Do you not hold the hand sticks in the middle anyway? I find it gives a lot more control and also allows for wristraps (my favorite tricks). It would be tricky to learn 'inverse fishtails' but they open up a whole load of possiblities. I can do 'inverse propellor' and you can sawp normal to inverse oin one hand so maybe the same is possible with fishtails. Actually you can go from proppelor to fishtail so that opens up even more possiblities

I like this thread

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I tend to move the position of my handsticks quite often to be honest. You can make the same trick look completely different sometimes just by shifting your hands a bit.

I think the motion for 'inverse fishtails' is the opposite of normal fishtails. The hand motion for a forwards inverse one is the same as the motion for a normal reverse one (that sounds like a load of complete nonsense - meh).

I'll try to do a video of some reverse fishtails tonight and see if I can get someone to upload it for me. You'll see why they're much easier than forward ones.

BTW - I like this thread too. Theres not enough devilstick talk on here.

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
wicked videos make me wee myself with exitement, not really ... honest. i think i'm gonna try and learn reverse tonite while watching a jet li movie or something i havent given them a fair bash cos i'm still trying to perfect forwards fishtails. hey, its not as if i've got 9000 words to write for my degree or anything. And they said the first year was easy.

BTW - it took me about 5minutes to work out what BTW actually stood for boy do i feel not so down with the kids, i'm only 18!

Well its my bed time, see you all 2moro

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
russ, when you home?? if you let me have a play around i might be able to get some fishy stuff going with your sticks, if so a play around might be in order

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film