molly02newbie
1 post

Posted:
im having very bad periods. ive seen my doctor but they dont help. im wondering if its endometriosis. can any1 give me some advice?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
ummm try a gynaecologist.
definitely consult one if you decide on a serious course of action.

This thread might have to be moved to the 'help' section....

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
or even 'Technical Discussion'...

wink

But yes, sorry, not my area of expertise, being a male and all... Try a different section, maybe help, social chat (I believe there is already a thread about this sort of thing) or even social discussion.

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
a gynae will perform a proper diagnosis, and a general check-up should it be something other than endemetriosis. has this been happening for long? endemetriosis can last months.

these are all highly personal questions. feel free to discuss this further in PM.
By and large, you should have a check up with a doctor trained in western medicine first, as they have strong measure such as surgery (god forbid that it should be necessary) before taking it to a *registered* complementary or chinese medicine practictioner. Acupuncure has shown a potential for addressing pain.

i'm sad that you're in pain but i'm glad you're lookin hard for a solution!! hug sunny

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
I'm going to have to be American and say that this is quite the introduction.

ubblol

Welcome to HoP. Hope everything gets better! hug

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Yes - interesting first post on a poi website....

Try here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/health/womens_health/issues_endometriosis.shtml
for general information. Other than that, I think you should consult medical professionals, gyno in particular, rather than a bunch of flakey spinney types on the internet.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I resent the implication that I flake!

I'm a very...er... non-flakey person! ubblol

Don't worry, I've got nothing to add except "Good Luck" and "Wishing you well". hug

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I meant flakey like a snowflake - beautiful and unique.

Non-Https Image Link

(how was that for backpedalling!)

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
I used to know a girl who would bleed for MONTHS at a time. I think eventually she got put on some kind of hormone and birth control pills (to ease her period) but thats a worst case scenerio.

I heard somewhere that gingerr and pepermint help ease the pain, and they're great in tea!

Don't mind me, just passing through.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Well done Flash, and nice back pedalling biggrin

Hope all is well, possibly send a PM to Mike our resident HoP Doctor, i think his current user name is Doc Lightning

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I don't know what country you're from, but there are many Gum clinics/ Gynae specialsed clinics, that you can go to without referal from your doctor. Also you should be entitled to a second opinion (again this may be location specific). Try not to worry too much, some women do just have bad periods, (hot water bottles on the stomach and gental exercise can help), it desn't necesarily mean you have endometritus, there are many reasons, especially if you are quite young and your body hasn't settled into a rhythm yet, which can take a couple of years.

Definately do research into what resources there are, for example, here in the Uk, check out NHS direct, the FPA and GUM clinics by searching google.

And go back to your doctor, and explain, this really is a problem, if they will not give you a satisfactory solution, get a second opinion.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson