• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Other Toys > Contact Juggling Balls, Need Help!!

Login/Join to Participate

Total posts: 76

Im looking to buy a contact juggling ball for my boyfriend for christmas.
does anyone one know if there is an average size for a ball because you can get them in different sizes and i havnt a clue wot size to get.
any help would be much appriciated
cheers peace* smile

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side!

Posted:If I understand correctly your buying your boyfriend a contact juggling ball to start learning, in which case you're not looking for the average size ball at all. Most people start with 3.00 inches, which is good for ball rolling tricks and work their way down to a performance ball if they're serious. Not many but some people start with a smaller ball for spinning moves and work their way up to a performance ball.

If you google contact juggling, the first page of hits you should find many websites that have "buying your first ball" FAQs (so to speak).

pineapple pete
pineapple pete

water based
Total posts: 5125
Posted:70 - 80mm seems to be the standard beginners acrylic, that or a large (100mm-ish) stage ball, they're better for body rolls etc.

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Mission: Ignition
Total posts: 534
Posted:i got a nice 3" at a ren. fair. As far as I know for single ball play thats the norm. contactjuggling.org seems to be the HoP of the contact world. Check it out. NeonHuskey has a good selection of colors for a reasonable price.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Total posts: 187
Posted:3" is the standard for do it all. 2.5 is the standard for multiball palm spinning, and 4" is lurvely for body rolling. I want a 4" acrylic for christams :P

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2895
Posted:there's some more info on contact balls in here

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Total posts: 9
Posted:im a CJer. i would go with a 3''. its a nice all around size ball

Colin J
Colin J

small member
Total posts: 116
Posted:Haha CJ.org is down for a week and look what happens,a slight increase of members on HoP who can contact. Alright arner? having withdrawl symptoms? j/k welcome to HoP, its quite cool here....

on topic- 3" or larger is pretty much the only way to go for one ball stuff. the only thing really good about 3" is its versatility as it can be used for multiball too. But bigger ones are very nice too.

I use a 4" stage balls and 3"& 3.5" acrylics.

Total posts: 9
Posted:***edit*** -I just saw the date and the word Christmas haha, sorry for that, I just typed in contact juggling and this came up. Hope he liked it. biggrin

I agree, I started with a 3 inch. (80mm) for single ball manipulation and rolls. But if your boyfriend is just starting I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY suggest you get him a practice ball http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Single-MB-80mm-stage-contact-juggling-ball (this is what I got from or HOP.) Dube also has some really nice stuff http://www.dube.com/balls/juggling-balls.php

EDITED_BY: kevin_the_local (1212357524)