Forums > Social Chat > I really gotta quit practising poi indoors

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
Third time this morning i've knocked down my light shade from the cieling. while we're on the subject, whats the best trick to move onto after "The weave" is mastered?

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

278 posts

Posted:
I practiced for about 10 minute's outside last night, wish i had proper fire poi's and not sock pois. that way i can actualy see if i'm going smooth or not. or well, christmas is coming biggrin

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i fused flapjacks entire house once...didnt just take the light shade off, oh no. light shade, bulb and fitting :s woooopps...leaving bare wires that immediately stuck together and put all the other lights out.
her mum wasnt very happy.

278 posts

Posted:
Ouch, unlucky. thankfully i still have my fittings

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: thegreatBJ

how do you do the flower? (although i can practice at the mo my poi is somewhere else) ive been trying to figure it out without poi actually in my hand but thats just difficult

Do a 3bt weave, you notice that wrists go over one another, as the lower wrist comes out from underneath the other separate your arms and let the poi spin around once and carry on your weave...

I suck at explaining.

Another way is -

Do an async butterfly with the poi travelling in the same direction, separate your hands, and basically just do one rotation of that in a weave. :|

Willy - is bad for your health...

278 posts

Posted:
Kinda noobish I know, but last night I just managed to do "forward weave to backward swing". I still can't grasp "behind the back weave" and "backward weave" all will come in time i guess

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Backwards swing as in backwards weave?

Well done any way, eventually stuff just falls into place and you think- wow I couldn't do that yesterday.

I wouldn't be stressing about any btb stuff just yet- in my opinion transitions are really important- it's like I can do a btb weave, but i can't join it to any other moves so it's pretty useless. My problem is with the english weather, at this time of year most of us are stuck practising indoors, and not being able to move about freely very much hampers finding those transitions frown

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
socks indoors are always good!they don't leave marks on ceilings and they're ever so ever so beautiful. I've got a tiny lil room in uni halls and i spin in there all the time.

ur right about the transition, its most important. its all about the flow, and things do have a habit of just falling in to place.

All that is solid melts into air

278 posts

Posted:
No backwards spin as in backwards and forwards spin, ya know the majorly basic thing, but i'm happy i'm slowly learning to combine moves

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
If ur ever in Cardiff gimme a shout, I'll help u sort it right out. One condition... U may hav 2 buy me a pint! beerchug

278 posts

Posted:
got no problem with that, i am actualy planning a trip to cardiff to get my tongue pierced, but it won't be this side of x-mas as i'm going to london for a few days, weekend after next. and a pint sounds good, or a jack daniels?

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
hmmmm, now there's a difficult decision....

PhilomelSILVER Member
39 posts

Posted:
Written by: xorba

socks indoors are always good!they don't leave marks on ceilings and they're ever so ever so beautiful.

You're lucky that your sock poi don't leave marks on the ceiling. But everyone be warned: if your ceiling is dusty, then the sock poi will smear the dust as they scrape across it and this does leave marks! Surely these sort of marks can be cleaned off easily though.

278 posts

Posted:
Actualy Xorba, it will be a coke for me, as i'm trying to not drink alcohol from now on. Except, I luuuuurve baileys, that's something I miss now.

Page: