Forums > Videos > Pyroptix Videos online * reviews wanted *

Login/Join to Participate

SparkfireFire coach - Cirque du Soleil
89 posts

Posted:
Hi People!!

I've got some videos up on my site

www.pyroptix.com

Would love any comments & constructive critisism on the clips and site in general.

Thankyou!!!
ubbrollsmile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hooray! how about that?!?!

b

the flash is done in a clean, modern style smile

how do i get the video downloads to work in firefox?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

89 posts

Posted:
ahh

you may need to disable popup blocking at this stage as the viewing pane opens in a seperate window.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Just had a look at one of the videos, with the two men.

Some nice work there, though one section is fairly seriously out of synch.. just for a few seconds, but it lets it down...if you have the luxury to edit it might better to eliminate that.

I'm a bit amazed how similar the costumes are to FlameOz /Spin Psycle though.... umm

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

89 posts

Posted:
Yeah that was the first time I performed that choreography with Chris aka Atmosfire. He throws a little differently to me and that caused the unfortunate difference.

As for costumes, black/reflective costumes are one of the best options for fire performers. I've had several variations over the years.

Personally i think Dave and Dimitri's costumes are better than my current ones. They definatly rock and the girls look awesome.

The difference is the organic curls and swoops that accentuate the lines of their bodies.

My current relective is just some precut patterns and edging. Still manages to look slick and corporate when it needs to, but as a group the Flame Oz image takes the cake.

Some of the advantages that come with working as a predefined group i geuss.

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
nice videos !!
Nice to see some doubles spinning & throwing, and a bit of double-cross wave
The "human-pyramids" (dunno the right word in English) looks awesome too. Hardly saw that with doubles before, especially with 2 girls balanced ubbloco

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
the clips are nicely edited short and sharp although a higher res version would definately be good, also a direct link to

https://www.web-axis.net/~pyroptix/video/3min
Palladium Tribal.wmv
https://www.web-axis.net/~pyroptix/video/Group
and Duo.wmv
https://www.web-axis.net/~pyroptix/video/Pyroptix
highlights.wmv

would be good as i hate streaming videos and looking in the source is annoying. slightly longer segments would have been good as it jumps around alot it makes it hard to appriciate what the show is really like. it was nice to see some crosses a few more technical tricks would have been good to, fast doesnt really do it for me personally. the site also makes a odd noise when i move my mouse over the links to the video pages?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Nice site and vids. They do well as promo material.and definately present you professionally. Keep it up, you got some sweet stuff goin on.

On another note, I want to thank you. You may or may not remember me but you hooked me up with a gig in Philadelphia back in June through Tribe and it was one of my favs to date. I think I forgot to thank you properly back then but better late than never smile

Cheers!

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

music4shanenewbie
2 posts

Posted:
wow, nice site... very clean. nice fire work also. good for you.

peace

89 posts

Posted:
I've edited out that unsynced bit now. good point out.

Its funny how when you get deep into the editing zone its easy to lose perspective of the total picture and get caught up in trying to squeeze in as much as possible. can get soo hard to keep the length down.

I'm working on high res downloadable versions. Definatly a must as agents want something they can take with them to show clients.

As far as technicalities, all the selections are made around 'high impact impression' so yes alot of it is weaving with the ropes or double pivot staves, generally the most impressive crowd pleasers but certainly not the most technically challenging.
I'll see about getting up a 'just for Hoppers' tech orientated vid soon

smile

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
Hey dude! I've heard great things about you from Keili and I can't wait til our paths cross someday. So here's a preliminary hello and a virtual shot of tequila beerchug. See you in our fall maybe... which I suppose will be spring for you ubbloco

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

89 posts

Posted:
Wooop! look forward to it mate. sounds like theres quite a few very with it crew there i have to hook up with.

Get to one of these little Burning man thangs one day too wink

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
are you by any chance the pyroptix I saw on Australia's got talent?????

huh? enquiring minds need to know... smile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
dan and the sexeh malia

malia can teach u if ur in vic:
www.underbellydance.com

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always