Forums > Help! > Somewhere to stay in London from 14th-19th November (HUGE Favour)

Login/Join to Participate

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
As some of you may know, I've recently graduated from Greenwich University and am now looking for work, particularly in London. All well and good, but I'm currently living at home, 2 1/2 hours away by train at the cost of £50 pounds per journey. This somewhat curtails my ability to make it to interviews, especially at short notice, and is therefore leaving me a bit stuffed.

I have managed to get into a particularly good agency who are offering me several really good, well paid job interviews, but I can't afford to keep flying down to the city at a days notice, so i have concocted this plan.

I throw myself at the generosity of London Hoppers for 1 week, arranging as many interviews as possible in that one week. I'm not asking for a whole week, maybe the odd night here and there. I am house trained, good with an iron and other domestic tools and will happily engage in any errands or other help I can offer to thank my hosts.

I'm aware this is short notice but the way the next few weeks are stacking up prior to Christmas has meant that I'm having to move quicker than I expected.

I would be extemely grateful, and will be back in London to repay the generosity ASAP, new job permitting.

Thanks for reading this,

David/ Mr Chutney

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
smile

Will send you a PM in a little bit.

smile

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Theres a boat two of your friends live on....
biggrin

Its better than then ONIPP (Old Newly Improved Princess Palace) wink

We have swans...

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
but could you really put up with the smell? wink

[/hajack]

Gayle.....!

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
nks Gayle- I had a feelng someone would mention that.

I was in a particularly bad way- pints of fizzy Budweiser do not agree with the chutney, therefore I had windy 'issues' for the duration of Gayles's party.

I will go outside and promise not to fart while anyone eats. Passive farting is the killer of tomorrow I've heard.

[/anti-terror law... oh bugger it got beaten tongue]

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
If no hoppers want to take you in, couchsurfers will. www.couchsurfing.com (few hoppers there as well btw)

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I have already laid claims to the man who goes by the name of "Chutney".

biggrin

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Cool! Chutney's aiming to get back to London. smile

Good luck with the job hunting!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
he already has a job...

biggrin

And he is going to be living just up the road from our boat!! bounce

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
CHUTNEY IS AN ESTATE AGENT!

everyone poke him and laugh...

...wait for it...

...Now!

*poke* ubblol
EDITED_BY: simian (1133199349)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
estate agents are the ultimate optimists - they manage to see a positive in everything smile

congratulations chutt-knee hug2

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Congrats Chut!! bounce

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
redface

I was (and still am) scared at thje thought of the response my new career might rouse in this here place. Its a good opportunity with a well known London Estate Agents which will allow me to earn well and make it back to London. I might also be good at it wink

Thanks for the kind words smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Just remember Dave, it's not small and pokey, its compact and bijou.
It's not running with damp with huge puddles forming on the floor, it has it's own indoor swimming pool.
It's not ripe for renovation or stuck in a time warp, it's a retro character property.
It wasn't falling down with brambles growing up through the floorboards and only half a roof, it was an opportunity to get a foot on the property ladder in a sort after area.
It wasn't a house completely painted, carpeted and wallpapered inside and out in yellow, it was a house with a sunny disposition.

All of these discriptions I swear I have had used on me by estate agents when trying to sell me properties.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!